General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Apology to Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001 | 02:59 PM

OK, I messed up....

The information provided in the forums regarding the 2002 Nissan Maxima was for my own glorification. I had no right posting information without the expresses written consent of Nissan USA, Smithtown Nissan: it's ownership and expressly Mr. Rubio. I have caused embarrassment and confusion regarding where I received this information.

I am retracting my statements regarding where this information came from and apologizing to all concerned. In my haste and excitement to provide my fellow maxima owners the latest information on the 2002 model, I embellished on the truth regarding the information origin. I have jeopardized relationships, and caused embarrassment for the owner of this dealership, Mr. Rubio. I also did not take into account the years of effort and professionalism it took to cultivate such relationships.

My dealership did not have knowledge of my actions. The manner in which I proceeded was selfish and improper. However done without malice and malicious intent, it was still wrong. The use of information without consent is wrong.

My sincerest apologies,

Daniel Ziegler
AKA
Bluefish
Old 06-15-2001 | 03:05 PM
I'm needing a caw

Damn. Sorry you had to post an apology. We know you meant no harm. Hope it doesn't affect your job situation. We are backing you bro!
Old 06-15-2001 | 03:40 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Damn. Sorry you had to post an apology. We know you meant no harm. Hope it doesn't affect your job situation. We are backing you bro!

I think that is messed up that you had to apologize for you efforts on providing us with some sort of information inregards to a name that we all love (NISSAN) (although not when it comes to service). It seems odd that when we as a commiunity try and show our support for NISSAN and req. for information they do not give any out. We as enthusiast show sh most support for NISSAN than any other organization. Nissan is easy to threaten or place pressure on someone when they see something was not done to their liking, but when we have complaints such as paint chips, or other small things, we never hear an apology from then on their dealerships service or other dislikings. But then again it seems like typical NISSAN service so I don't know why I am wasting my time writing this.

Sorry to hear about your retracting of the information, it was very informative and if anything supportive of our community. I hope this will not affect your standings with your dealership.

PS Thanks NISSAN for your Support.
Old 06-15-2001 | 03:42 PM

Apology accepted.

Duh!

Are you going to "punish" you for releasing the information like that? Nissan USA needs more free promotion like that!

Nissan cars, in whole, aren't that popular in the states anyway. They will never learn until they end up like Oldsmobile.

Today's motto: "Show me a Silvia and I will show you my check!"
Old 06-15-2001 | 03:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about this situation. I personally don't think it's an error at all to get some enthusiasts more interested in their favorite car, but that's me. You're handling the situation well, I wish you luck in your future with the dealership.
Old 06-15-2001 | 03:49 PM

Bluefish, Im sorry you had to do that. I hope you are still in good standing with your dealership.
Old 06-15-2001 | 03:53 PM

I am very sorry to see you smacked around for this.. I found the information you provided very useful in helping choose my next car... One thing I have to say is that I wish they were as adamant about there service departments when they F.U.B.A.R relations with Nissan owners... The one thing that has kept me from wanting another Nissan is the fact that I had to go to 4 dealers for warranty service before one would take it without giving me a load of crap about there being a 1yr bumps and rattle warranty period (which is bull Sh*t)...

IMHO the information you have provided was something Nissan should have shared with the world sooner...

Anyway I hope all goes well...
Old 06-15-2001 | 03:55 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

ouch...sorry to see the apology dan. hope things work out for you.
Old 06-15-2001 | 04:01 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

I hope they understand that for the auto

enthusiast, this news was something to get excited about. Most of us here share an unbridled enthusiasm towards the Maxima and realize how one can make this innocent mistake. I hope they understand too.

Thank you Daniel for your enthusiasm, your sincere apology is accepted here.

Enjoy the ride.

Brett
Old 06-15-2001 | 04:06 PM

wassup?

Apologize for what? Sharing information? I've got 4 Nissan dealers within a 12 mile radius, they're sharing info about the 2002 even though one dealer has nearly 100 2001's that wont move.

Nissan is old school. It used to be that way in the 80s, where the manuf. fought vehemently to make sure they get their big cut. Edmunds.com was the last train stop that opened up dealer holdback to everybody and their grandma.

Today, most cos have realized the way to profits is to allow partnerships. Are you kidding me? I just went to a seminar this week where xyz gave a seminar on self-maintaining. An insurance co. cancelling their own insurance and managing risk. Hypocritical or profitable?

You've got nothing to apologize about IMHO. Nissan's problems are their own. They can't make a car that can compete that's something they need to work out, not take out on you. This c*** happened once when a Nissan master tech was helping people fix their probs on the bbs. If everyone's prob got fixed how would the dealers rake owners over the coals every 15k with unnecessary maint?
Old 06-15-2001 | 04:21 PM

Originally posted by bluefish
OK, I messed up....
The only possible way you could have messed up by releasing your information on the 2002 Maxima is by making it more difficult for your dealership to meet their sales quota for 2001 Maximas. But Good Lord, bluefish, Nissan has already made it all but impossible for your dealership to meet that quota by announcing the new Altima. In my estimation, the damage you caused your dealership is all but insignificant compared to the damage Nissan caused them. And if your dealership doesn't understand that, get thee to a new dealership!

Frankly, I think we're going to see a fire sale on 2001 Maximas in the months ahead the likes of which the automotive industry hasn't experienced in years, if ever. I wouldn't be surprised if Nissan's 2001 flagship becomes a dog before the dust settles.
Old 06-15-2001 | 05:15 PM

Hmmm...

Does the term "duress" occur to anybody?

Good luck, Bluefish. Live and learn...
Old 06-15-2001 | 05:32 PM

Man, my cousin was caught releasing info about a new Intel product, the Pentium 4 chips 2 months before Intel are suppose to announce it. He worked for Intel and loved to chat on computer related forums. He just told the forum fellaz that the Pentium 4 will have 1.3ghz and that it WON'T have SSE2 technology, nothing more.

Now he lost his job and is still trying to find one, but no luck.

I just hope that your alright. good luck!
Old 06-15-2001 | 06:22 PM

Damn!!! That sucks. It is a pity they made you go through this for promoting their product for free! Hope this does not affect your employment with the dealership. IMHO, even if Nissan was all ****ed, your dealership should have backed you up. Since people had already been lining up to be on a waiting list to get the 2002 (thanks to the information provided by you) the dealership would have made the money.

Ah well! All the best. Hope to see you provide more of the inside information (the information that is not confidential).
Old 06-15-2001 | 06:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Blufish,

I, like the others, certainly hope your job has not been affected. If anything, you helped to generate excitement and anticipation over the '02 Maxima, which we have all speculated to be something a little special to match the sweet '02 Altima offering--surely your dealer nor Nissan can fault you too harshly for that.

To be honest, we are all to blame too. AFter you mentioned your new job with the Nissan Dealer, we were all clamoring for some inside scoop.

In any case, I hope all is well still.
CW
Old 06-15-2001 | 07:29 PM

Thanks for your comments..

I thank you for your comments and opinions.
Old 06-16-2001 | 12:17 AM

Sorry to say this.

Sorry to hear you got in trouble, but I was suprised it took this long. When the first post by bluefish went up about the 2002 Maxima, I wondered how long it was going to take for either him or his dealer to get in trouble. I don't think it's to keep the enthusiasts at bay, but more the competition...if Nissan wanted info about the Maxima out, they would have released it...after all, it is there product. It's the same thing when MotorTrend or C&D go to a manufacturers testing grounds to run some tests, they have to sign a non-disclosure form so they can't say anything about other cars they might see.

again, I hope you don't lose your job, but I did see this coming.
Old 06-16-2001 | 12:36 AM

Re: Sorry to say this.

Originally posted by Max I am
Sorry to hear you got in trouble, but I was suprised it took this long. When the first post by bluefish went up about the 2002 Maxima, I wondered how long it was going to take for either him or his dealer to get in trouble. I don't think it's to keep the enthusiasts at bay, but more the competition...if Nissan wanted info about the Maxima out, they would have released it...after all, it is there product. It's the same thing when MotorTrend or C&D go to a manufacturers testing grounds to run some tests, they have to sign a non-disclosure form so they can't say anything about other cars they might see.

again, I hope you don't lose your job, but I did see this coming.
i agree ... i was really surprised u were allowed 2 release this ... @ other co's .. if u release info early (like earnings or results) .. oh man! you'd b in huge ****!!!
Old 06-16-2001 | 01:04 AM

It's cool bluefish! Hang in there. I was getting ready to start doing $$$ numbers for the new 2002 Max. Thanks for the info you have provided us. If we need to we will write to your dealership in good faith so you can keep your job if it is at stake. We back you 110%, yes, that is 110%. I have been to about 4 different dealerships and you are not the only one with this info. I know they made you apologize but it's people like you that keeps us going. I would love to work for Nissan because I love their products, but I have seen people do it because it's just a job to them. It's people like you that makes a company, giving it everything you have, going home and giving us the little that you know. Stay strong! You know what they say, "if you love what you do you never work a day in your life." GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2001 | 01:14 AM

Oh by the way, I don't work for Nissan dealerships cause their management system sucks. They treat many employees like sh**! I won't take that b.s.
Old 06-16-2001 | 06:16 AM

Bluefish,

People make mistakes. If I had that kind of info, it'll be difficult to hold back the floodgates to the .Org also. Glad you made up for it so professionally. Good luck.

Terrence
Old 06-16-2001 | 09:00 AM

sorry to hear that... I would have made another anon. user name and posted under that. How did you get busted... I know nissan could care less about what we, the enthusiast, have to say so I didn't think they ever looked here.
Old 06-16-2001 | 10:55 AM
PRINCE NISMO

Sorry to hear about your troubles bluefish. Just know that the information and insight you shared with us here on the forum was and is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-16-2001 | 11:52 AM

bluefish...

I too wish to express my support for your good intent. I was very appreciative of the information you supplied. I was already planning and hoping to get a new Max in 2002 and the information you supplied only served to better inform me of what is on the horizon, clear up much of the rumor and let me know what to expect when the time comes.
If you were somehow "encouraged" to appologize for your actions that is somewhat unfortunate. I can understand that if Nissan wanted the information out there that would have released it themselves, but feel it fosters enthusiasm for the brand more so than it could hinder sales for the current model. I am very sorry that Nissan and/or your dealership has taken the stance they have. Nissan is very progressive in the design of their cars. It is a shame that their attitude towards informing the core enthusiasts of their "flagship" model doesn't equal their approach to the design of their cars. Due to this, and in light of this incident, my only trepidation in buying a new Maxima SE next year would be the thought of handing over 27-30K dollars to a company who would take this type of strong-arm approach to what I feel is an inconsequential and innocent "leak" of information.
Bluefish, I greatly respect the way you have handled the situation. You have appoligized and owned up to it very professionally. I hope your carreer will not be adversely affected due to this. Your actions only solidified what I had already planned to do. Thank you.
Old 06-16-2001 | 12:04 PM

Re: bluefish...

Originally posted by maxmizd27
my only trepidation in buying a new Maxima SE next year would be the thought of handing over 27-30K dollars to a company who would take this type of strong-arm approach to what I feel is an inconsequential and innocent "leak" of information.
don't b so dramatic
Old 06-16-2001 | 12:50 PM

and now you know why nissan was in Red ink for so long.....

after i am done with my max, i dont think i will ever own a nissan unless its a beater....

Go german all the way....
Old 06-16-2001 | 02:35 PM

Lets think about this.....

What harm is done by releasing some info about an updated model to come out in Oct.? Come on Nissan, get over it. Did the action of this person result in damage to your company? No. Did someone get an awful disease and die? No. Does it increase the anticipation and future sales so you can make money? Yes.

Nissan and the dealer's owner need to put this all in perspective. They need a reality check.There are more important things in life to worry about.

STEVE
Old 06-16-2001 | 02:45 PM

Re: Lets think about this.....

Originally posted by sascuderi
What harm is done by releasing some info about an updated model to come out in Oct.? Come on Nissan, get over it. Did the action of this person result in damage to your company? No. Did someone get an awful disease and die? No. Does it increase the anticipation and future sales so you can make money? Yes.

Nissan and the dealer's owner need to put this all in perspective. They need a reality check.There are more important things in life to worry about.

STEVE
geez .. u guys don't get it ... it's a control point ... if a company cannot trust their employees 2 safeguard info that the company has deemed 2 b sensitive or have a specific release date .. then all employees are bound 2 honour that ... granted in this case .. whoopp-dee-doo-dah ... but who is 2 say that another nissan employee won't release other more important info?

as nice as it was 2 get the info .. bluefish was in the wrong .. hence his apology ...
Old 06-16-2001 | 05:20 PM
PRINCE NISMO

Yo_its_ok I can see your point.............

....of view since you yourself have a source of inside information and the technical knowledge you have shared with the forum from those source's has been valuable. But bluefish is not the only one on this forum who has given detailed info on the 2002 model. True he showed printed information to verify what others had said on the new model. But to make such a noise about it, I think is a little extreme. Because with the info shared here during that week, My 2000 SE will make way for a 2002. Instead of the 2001 AE I was planning to get this past weekend.
Old 06-17-2001 | 12:38 PM

Government secret, huh?

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

Prince, it shouldn't be spoken of, that it was even on the Forum. I thought they were gonna release the information publicly about the '02 when I found out about that Bluefish had posted up information. I was shown several pictures previously, and since I did an HID install on a AE for a customer, I was told about the HID system for '02, and shown the actual unit. I was impressed none the less, but I thought it was open for a salesman to speak his mind about it. I'm not sure if Bluefish is holding his job at Nissan now, given he's been there a few weeks, I was working on the Nissan sales floor for 4 months before I got sick of it, tried my hands at parts dept, w/ customers, and deliveries. Finally when I became a technician, thats when things really got interesting. I'm always welcome in the Nissan family, and would gladly accept any role, cause I've done them all.
This is like a government military secret leaking out.
Except in the auto industry. There is a reason meetings like that are kept to strict confidentiality.

-Peace
Maybe Anh Li will make an action film about this matter, and we can see it on bmwfilms.com. C'mon bro', Nissan "Family?" A family that gives $2000 rebates to sell cars. Hmm...which part of the family gives up that lost revenue? I guess they're all happy to give up their cut, anything for a bro'.

Objectively I'd say that dealership has issues. If anything this government secret could drum up interest for Nissan. Free marketing instead of wasting money trying to push the Max and paying NBC big bucks during the NBA finals.
Old 06-17-2001 | 12:56 PM

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

There is a reason meetings like that are kept to strict confidentiality........

-Peace
Very true!

I really don't think bluefish will be the cause of Nissan having to change design plans or anything and I don't think bluefish did was the worst thing that could happen for Nissan. I think if Nissan really didn't want the information to be discussed over coffee and donuts, there wouldn't be any pics or specs on paper for anyone to see.

On the other hand, I do agree that what was spoken behind closed doors should have stayed behind closed doors. I don't know if Nissan tells its dealership owners that from the start but I work for Fidelity and I would be out of the door if I opened my mouth about anything that was discussed in a conference room. When I drove sedans for a Boston Coach (which Fidelty owns), I used to carry all of their big wigs (Ned Johnson, Peter Lynch and others) and it was told (when I was in orientation about 6 years ago) that we were not to discuss anything we heard them discussing in our vehicles.

You see, we drove people that worked in Fortune 500 corporations and those people would have loved to hear about the private lives and business practices that my "bosses" do to stay rich. I could be very dangerous to Fidelity is I opened my mouse about what I know.

I'll shut up now but I hope we are not driving bluefish into the ground and making him feel totally at fault for what he did. He isn't totally wrong here because it should have been told to him and everyone elase in the meeting that this information was confidential.