General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Need help now!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 04:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Since yesterday my check engine light came on. No problems driving but I wanted to find out what the problem was so i would know whether or not to take it to the dealership to get looked at. I use the ECU diagnostic from this site, and i got code 0303 ~~~~> Front Left Heated O2 sensor. Not sure what this means, but now when i try to start up the car it will start, but then just die if i don't give it any gas. Did i do anything wrong? because this wasn't happening before i ran the diagnostic, any help would be appreicated or else I'll just take it in to the dealer tomorow morning.
Old 06-17-2001, 07:20 PM

Ok someone must know something to help me out
Old 06-17-2001, 09:22 PM

you will find your answer...

in the 4th gen forum, near the top... it's a sticky post re: ECU codes.
Old 06-18-2001, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by A-Ron Max
Since yesterday my check engine light came on. No problems driving but I wanted to find out what the problem was so i would know whether or not to take it to the dealership to get looked at. I use the ECU diagnostic from this site, and i got code 0303 ~~~~> Front Left Heated O2 sensor. Not sure what this means, but now when i try to start up the car it will start, but then just die if i don't give it any gas. Did i do anything wrong? because this wasn't happening before i ran the diagnostic, any help would be appreicated or else I'll just take it in to the dealer tomorow morning.
It is strange that your car now stalls. I whould look and make sure you placed the screw back in it's proper position on the ECU. You may still have it in diagnostic mode and this may explain why your car now stalls. The o2 sensor on your car should be replaced because it does help control your air/fuel ratio and it also helpes with emissions, a new o2 sensor from nissan will cost you $85 for the part + leibor.