General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

O.K. I know were sick of looking at the F-and-F Max, but WTF is this about!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 12:06 PM

The first time u see the Max, Vince has the hood up talking about it not running right. than the mechanic or what ever he was is looking at it says fuel this or that or something and you will run 9s. 9S hahahahah what the hell is he talking about. Maybe in the 1/8 mile, Damn.
Old 06-30-2001, 12:50 PM
Disco Biscuit

Lets face it. It was written buy writers who don't know too much. the entire story had terms just tossed in there, because they thought they sounded cool. That's one of them. Another is when the Eclipse is about to blow up. Does Vin yell "NITROUS!!!!"? No, he yells "NOS!!!!!" Why? because it's a term that sounds cool. NOS is a brand, not the actually item. Look at every thread out there asking how to add NOS to a car. Look at the street race between the 4 cars. at 140+ mph, how long does a street race like that last? That whole scene was like 30 seconds or more long. You have to just take that whole movie at face value, and not ask questions. It'll make your brain hurt trying to figure it out. I know it did mine..........
Old 06-30-2001, 02:21 PM
Master Will

good movie.........

dumb lines and script.......very nice import showing...at least we did get some Maxima representation....
Old 06-30-2001, 07:46 PM

Geeeezzzzz

You almost forgot...of course the good showing of the imports and all that but everyone leaves out that HOt A$$ chick!!!!! She was jsut as good as some of the cars =D
I wanted her just as bad as i wanted those cars!!
Old 06-30-2001, 08:32 PM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

hehe

was it me or when the hood was up was his stillen strutbar crooked? i don't know maybe it was the angle of my seat, but Michelle Rodriguez (lenny) was sooo hot in that movie.
Old 06-30-2001, 10:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: hehe

Originally posted by SINYMaxSE
was it me or when the hood was up was his stillen strutbar crooked? i don't know maybe it was the angle of my seat, but Michelle Rodriguez (lenny) was sooo hot in that movie.
No, and yes.

Just finished watching it on my comp.... er... at a theatre.
Old 06-30-2001, 10:03 PM
Disco Biscuit

Ya, she is. My wife kinda knew of her a few years ago through my inlaws, and Michelle's parents. I love tomboys......
Old 07-01-2001, 12:20 AM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

drooooool

i agree, tomboys like Michelle are definitely tops... any woman that can get down and dirty with cars, can drive a car like a wheelman, and knock out machine gun weilding a*sholes is defintiely a dream come true...i guess thats why its a movie.........NNNOOOOOO!!!! why god why?
Old 07-01-2001, 09:57 AM
PhatGuy

Pure Fromage

I finally went to see the movie last night. That movie is pure FROMAGE....it was so bad! The only cars I liked were the hotrod, Ferrari, Maxima, and the Jetta. Assuming they took any of the stickers and crap off off of them. I now see how kids would love this movie and inspire wannabes to some degree or another...whether fromage cars or fromage attitude. I didn't think it was going to be that bad though!

PS Fromage = Cheese

Old 07-01-2001, 10:40 PM
Neice Anne

Originally posted by Whitemax
Lets face it. It was written buy writers who don't know too much. the entire story had terms just tossed in there, because they thought they sounded cool. That's one of them. Another is when the Eclipse is about to blow up. Does Vin yell "NITROUS!!!!"? No, he yells "NOS!!!!!" Why? because it's a term that sounds cool. NOS is a brand, not the actually item. Look at every thread out there asking how to add NOS to a car. Look at the street race between the 4 cars. at 140+ mph, how long does a street race like that last? That whole scene was like 30 seconds or more long. You have to just take that whole movie at face value, and not ask questions. It'll make your brain hurt trying to figure it out. I know it did mine..........

Uhm, good message and all, except that Nos is also a slang term for Nitrous, I'm not sure which came first: the brand or the slang, but I've heard the word Nos used shorthand for nitrous for a long time (more in the drug-use circles than car people)

Old 07-01-2001, 11:40 PM

When the Max appeared in the movie, I can gurantee you that very little people knows that car was a Nissan Maxima. Since we all know what the Max looks like, we could tell. Otherwise, other people won't know. Since many people doesn't know what the hell that was, the movie just tells people that it was a really fast car.

Also, the side exhaust, funky hood and removed emblems were to make the car doesn't look like the Max, fooling people.
Old 07-02-2001, 09:54 PM

Originally posted by LoveSick
When the Max appeared in the movie, I can gurantee you that very little people knows that car was a Nissan Maxima. Since we all know what the Max looks like, we could tell. Otherwise, other people won't know. Since many people doesn't know what the hell that was, the movie just tells people that it was a really fast car.

Also, the side exhaust, funky hood and removed emblems were to make the car doesn't look like the Max, fooling people.
I agree, I drive 2 friends 2 see it with me in my MAXIMA, got then saw the movie and they didn't know that blue car was a maxima they were liek "really??", "are u sure???"
I was gonna say "em... maybe not, it must be a geo metro with some big body kit"
Old 07-02-2001, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by Neice Anne

Uhm, good message and all, except that Nos is also a slang term for Nitrous, I'm not sure which came first: the brand or the slang, but I've heard the word Nos used shorthand for nitrous for a long time (more in the drug-use circles than car people)
huffer...lol
Old 07-02-2001, 10:01 PM

heh

isn't the term "Band-aid" just a brand too?
Old 07-03-2001, 11:22 AM
SLOW

so is Frisbee and Kleenex lol
Old 07-03-2001, 11:39 AM

Re: heh

Originally posted by Nine7Max
isn't the term "Band-aid" just a brand too?
And what would you call it if it wasn't a Band-Aid? Hell, what would you even call Kool-Aid if it wasn't named Kool-Aid?
Old 07-03-2001, 12:38 PM

Re: Re: heh

Originally posted by deezo

And what would you call it if it wasn't a Band-Aid? Hell, what would you even call Kool-Aid if it wasn't named Kool-Aid?
I saw fake stuff as cool-kid.
Old 07-03-2001, 01:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: heh

I saw fake stuff as cool-kid.
What was that, No Frills?
Old 07-03-2001, 01:42 PM
mrdeucie

Don't forget how a lot of people call SUVs, Jeeps.

Old 07-03-2001, 01:52 PM

i have the movie a few times and every time i go and the max appears on the screen i hear a lot of people saying what kind of car is that...... i just wanna jump up and say its a Maxima you fools!!!!!
Old 07-03-2001, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by wicked1044

i have the movie a few times and every time i go and the max appears on the screen i hear a lot of people saying what kind of car is that...... i just wanna jump up and say its a Maxima you fools!!!!!
Word!!! One of my good friends didn't know what any of the cars were. I called him a damn fool!
Old 07-03-2001, 02:15 PM
Neice Anne

Originally posted by deezo

Word!!! One of my good friends didn't know what any of the cars were. I called him a damn fool!
Did he cry?

Old 07-03-2001, 02:30 PM

Did he cry?
He is a big boy. He took it well.
Old 07-03-2001, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by wicked1044

hehe i lost my mind the second time i saw the movie and did... i got looked at like ohhhhh so thats what it is wow....but then a minute passed and i realized i was still standing. Doh!
Old 07-03-2001, 03:15 PM

Doesn't it also mean -

Just "Nitrous Oxide System"? That's what we referred to as NOS when I was a bit younger, running muscle cars.

Jack
Old 07-03-2001, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by Nealoc187
so is Frisbee and Kleenex lol
Don't forget Xerox and more recently, Palm.

Love that Max in F&F...that's for sure.
Old 07-03-2001, 06:06 PM
Ford Only.

You know that Max is capable of way faster 1/4 mile times.Craig only tested it like a couple of times on the track.If it was fine tuned and all the audio/video taken out it could be a fast as* car.Look at the trunk...
Old 07-03-2001, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by dmontzmax
You know that Max is capable of way faster 1/4 mile times.Craig only tested it like a couple of times on the track.If it was fine tuned and all the audio/video taken out it could be a fast as* car.Look at the trunk...
Yeah, 9 second 1/4...

just as the movie said.
Old 07-04-2001, 04:00 AM

Originally posted by costcowholesale

I agree, I drive 2 friends 2 see it with me in my MAXIMA, got then saw the movie and they didn't know that blue car was a maxima they were liek "really??", "are u sure???"
I was gonna say "em... maybe not, it must be a geo metro with some big body kit"
You mean that blue car isn't a Geo Metro with a body kit? I could have sworn it was a Metro.. but then the guy sitting next to me in the movie theater told me it was an Acura TL and the Yellow car (the R33 Skyline) was an Acura CL.
Old 07-04-2001, 09:20 AM

Yeah, 9 second 1/4...

just as the movie said.
HAHAHA!