General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Skimax, the answer to your question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000, 02:17 PM

just to answer a question, not to start any trouble
Originally posted by skimax
well woodear, don't really remember cheston saying a garuantee 30hp other than you "pushing" him towards something like that.
Let me refresh your memory, this is how it went:
1) Cheston said the chip showed a midrange 30FWHP on UPRD's in-house Clayton dyno, and the chart was provived. No problem with that.
2) I, along with others, politely asked for independent dyno jet chart.
3) Cheston claimed: the major difference btwn the clayton and the dynojet is that the clayton offers more of a "REAL WORLD" senario. whatever the gain showed on the Clayton will show on the dynojet too.
4) I challenged him to a bet to see if it will show 30 on dynojet.
Note, at this point, if there is a misunderstanding, he should speak out. for example he could have said that it will show 30 on an independent Clayton but not a dynojet. However he didn't, he countined on how he stands by his claim of the 30 on a dynojet as well. You can see his post *yesterday*, he still claimed so.

Thus, I didn't push him into saying anything.
Old 10-18-2000, 02:36 PM

sorry jambo, last one man!!!! =0)

Originally posted by WoodEar
just to answer a question, not to start any trouble
Originally posted by skimax
well woodear, don't really remember cheston saying a garuantee 30hp other than you "pushing" him towards something like that.
Let me refresh your memory, this is how it went:
1) Cheston said the chip showed a midrange 30FWHP on UPRD's in-house Clayton dyno, and the chart was provived. No problem with that.
2) I, along with others, politely asked for independent dyno jet chart.
3) Cheston claimed: the major difference btwn the clayton and the dynojet is that the clayton offers more of a "REAL WORLD" senario. whatever the gain showed on the Clayton will show on the dynojet too.
4) I challenged him to a bet to see if it will show 30 on dynojet.
Note, at this point, if there is a misunderstanding, he should speak out. for example he could have said that it will show 30 on an independent Clayton but not a dynojet. However he didn't, he countined on how he stands by his claim of the 30 on a dynojet as well. You can see his post *yesterday*, he still claimed so.

Thus, I didn't push him into saying anything.
hey,
logically it make sense, why shouldn't the dynojet show such gains. i'm not sure but i think he's looking at it that way. seriously man you shouldn't have done the proposal thing in the first place and have tried to understand where he was coming from. just setting up a group deal gets hectic, but you've made it worse. he has his fault to, but it was out of anger/anxiety (which is normal IMO). pretty sure you knew he was edgy, but you had to go off and trigger more. i know with your personality you couldn't have let that go by (who can right?) but from here just dormant this whole thing please. just let time work and see what happens, plus you won't be needing one so why waste time on this news man (its coo you're helping). sorry jambo, last one i promise!!!
Old 10-18-2000, 02:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Glad's that's over.

Consider it locked.