General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

STEALERSHIP SCREWED ME OVER, what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

STEALERSHIP SCREWED ME OVER, what should i do?

Hi guys I am back on this forum again, I switched to a 03 g35 so I had to leave this forum, and I know its wrong just to come back and get some answers but I hope people would help. So here goes the story. I posted on forums asking about a p0174 code which is fuel bank too lean. So I listened to everybody's advice and brought it to the dealer. So luckily it was covered under warrant because i have 2003 about 50000 miles. What they replaced was 3 fuel injectors and one of the O2 sensors. They gave me a loaner car which was the 07 g35 sedan which was pretty nice. So then the next day I went back to pick up my car. Got the car and everything was fine. So dadedadeda I drove for about 40 miles. The next morning I got up to take the car out, I noticed that my there was no heat coming out because it was cold *** hell. Then the next thing I noticed is that I smell coolant, then my car's temp gauge started sky rocket up to the H line where it is boiling point, so immediately I turned off my car to let it cool down. Now that I am getting this problem, what should I go back to the dealer and say? What can be done? Because I really afraid that the time it was overheating, it might fried my piston rings and gaskets. What should I ask for when I get back to the dealer because obviously it was their fault. Opinions would gladly be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 AM
Don't you know who I am?

How much time has passed? If you've only had the car within a few days from when you got it back, go and tell them the truth . No way that car should be having that issue, and given the proximity of time, they should understand your position. However, unfortunately, they will probably try to fight you on it. Just stick to your guns.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by ancientwiseone
Hi guys I am back on this forum again, I switched to a 03 g35 so I had to leave this forum, and I know its wrong just to come back and get some answers but I hope people would help. So here goes the story. I posted on forums asking about a p0174 code which is fuel bank too lean. So I listened to everybody's advice and brought it to the dealer. So luckily it was covered under warrant because i have 2003 about 50000 miles. What they replaced was 3 fuel injectors and one of the O2 sensors. They gave me a loaner car which was the 07 g35 sedan which was pretty nice. So then the next day I went back to pick up my car. Got the car and everything was fine. So dadedadeda I drove for about 40 miles. The next morning I got up to take the car out, I noticed that my there was no heat coming out because it was cold *** hell. Then the next thing I noticed is that I smell coolant, then my car's temp gauge started sky rocket up to the H line where it is boiling point, so immediately I turned off my car to let it cool down. Now that I am getting this problem, what should I go back to the dealer and say? What can be done? Because I really afraid that the time it was overheating, it might fried my piston rings and gaskets. What should I ask for when I get back to the dealer because obviously it was their fault. Opinions would gladly be appreciated. Thanks
Well, my first question is how do you know it is obviously their fault? You took your car in for service and they fixed what you took it in for. The problem you are having has nothing to do with the work you took it in for. I don't think you have a leg to stand on for any recourse to or from the dealer. I am pretty sure that they are going to tell you the same thing.

Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is operating properly? Have you checked to see if the heater core is working as it should? If your car was overheating that much and you were still getting no heat out of your vents, that leads me to believe that you possibly have a coolant line blockage not allowing the "heated" coolant not to get to the heater core.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 AM

Yes that is correct, but I also paid the $150 diagnose fee to check if there is any problems with the car, they came out and only told me that it was the fuel injectors and one O2 sensor. I dropped off my car for service and it was not ready till saturday. I picked up the car saturday and drove it home then I noticed the problem but at that time their service center was closed. The service guy that I spoke to earlier this morning seems like a ***hole because he seems like he doesn't want to take responsibility for it.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:04 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

If the dealership had to disconnect/remove coolant lines to access the injectors,their may be air pockets in the cooling system,this would cause a no heat/overheating condition...

IMO,if they[dealership] opened up the cooling system to replace the injectors,then they could be held liable for the overheating issue...
Old 04-02-2007, 07:17 AM

thats also right too, I never had this problem when I brought the car in, and this problem just came right up after I picked it up.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:28 AM

I would run it past the dealership. I think you do have a leg to stand on, unless proven wrong. The car came in with an issue that is 'fixed' or so we hope, and left with another.

I agree with the 'air pockets' theory. When you introduce air into your lines, it sends a brief panic attack to the gauge and thermostat. I would run my car again (stay local) but see if it overheats. I would put my .02 cents that it won't.

It is generally a hiccup that needs to 'burp' itself.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
If the dealership had to disconnect/remove coolant lines to access the injectors,their may be air pockets in the cooling system,this would cause a no heat/overheating condition...

IMO,if they[dealership] opened up the cooling system to replace the injectors,then they could be held liable for the overheating issue...
I agree 100% on that... I forget he is dealing with Nissan "mechanics". One would assume that if they took the coolant lines off for any reason, they would make sure that they removed any trapped air.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Sounds like you're getting you're yourself a little too excited. Just chill out and call the dealership. They didn't "screw" you over. They fixed your original problem. It's possible that an honest mistake was made. If they're reasonable, they'll look into it and determine if what they did was in any way related to your coolant problem. Have you checked your coolant level? Is it low? Are you leaking any fluids?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:06 PM

First off..dont even speak the the little pion who might answer the phone in service. Ask to speak to the service manager and explain you concerns to him. If its a stand up stealership, he should AT LEAST tell you to just bring it in so they can take a look at it for you.