General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What bothers you on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by heresmymind
What bothers you guys when driving?

for me:

1) people that dont use blinkers... i use mine even at 2am with me being only one on road leaving my driveway....

2) gas.... i have a 19.5 gallon tank... and i get this...
(p.s. its regular)

3) seeing hondas with body kits on that are unpainted... and all diff colors....
damn that's hella cheaP!!! i'm paying around 50 something for 13 gallons
Old 04-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Maximoneypit

women on cell phones in SUVs
Old 04-10-2007, 11:32 PM
BARF

People that stop at the top of a clover leaf off ramp insted of merging, and you almost hit them.

IT SAYS YEILD NOT STOP YOU DART A$$!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Gotcha!

Originally Posted by Revs2Hard
People that stop at the top of a clover leaf off ramp insted of merging, and you almost hit them.

IT SAYS YEILD NOT STOP YOU DART A$$!!!!
revs... what happens if there is a line of cars that are stopped to merge into??? run into them? haha
Old 04-11-2007, 10:12 AM
+Cru OG

1) People who park curbside and doesn't look for oncoming traffic before opening their doors.
2) C0cknuts who can't stay in their lane when approaching a sweeping turn and feels the need to straddle both lanes of traffic.
3) People who pass 3-4 cars at a time on a two-lane road.
4) People who don't slow the f*#% down on school zones.
5) Drivers that *try* to beat a yellow light then decides to slam their brakes too late stopping their car in the middle of the intersection then attempts to back up making you back up snarling traffic.
6) Drivers who speed up when you attempt to pass them.

Those NY drivers that stop in the middle of the friggin road to go run into the store to get coffee (saw this in greenpointe/brooklyn)..wtf driver.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by NisMoN00B
3) People who pass 3-4 cars at a time on a two-lane road.
Don't see much wrong with that, unless some tard that you're trying to pass decides to try and pass when you're right next to them.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:49 PM
is invisible

Originally Posted by Zargon
People in general.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:52 PM
dot dot dot ...

Idiots that don't use cruise control and are passing, lagging passing lagging etc on a long road trip because they're not bright enough to sue the feature. And99.99% of the cars I see doing that BS are guaranteed to have CC.

Also, when idiots jam on their damn brakes when they see a cop, even though they're perfectly within the speed limit (at or below) only to make themselves look further ful
Old 04-12-2007, 02:09 PM
is invisible

Originally Posted by bigEL
People who don't stay in their lanes X 5.
c. People who are too impatient to slow down when the car in front of them makes a right turn, so they drive into on-coming traffic without looking or slowing down.
d. People who make really wide right turns or really sharp left turns and nearly clip your car.

Lane drifters FTL.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
is invisible

Parking lot speeders...how fast can you really go?
If you want to drive fast in a parking lot, participate in a parking lot auto-x.

I think people only know or are only comforable with one speed in their car, and they try to stick to it on highways, city streets, and parking lots.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:05 PM
is invisible

Here is a typical idiot from Ohio

Highways' passing lane meant for passing
Q: When I am travel ing 65 mph in a 60 mph passing lane is it necessary for me to keep pulling over to let cars traveling 70-75 mph pass me? It's irritating that even though I am driving over the speed limit other cars tailgate me and want me to pull over into the slower lanes. Do I have to? -- C.G., Solon
Old 04-12-2007, 05:05 PM
is invisible

btw, ibtl
Old 04-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by CoolMax
LOL! What an idiot. That person really needs to stay off the road.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

1. on people not using their blinkers.

2. I hate old people driving. One time I got behind one because the were first in line and the other lanes were filled with huge rigs. Normal people would think a car can out accelerate a huge rig but not when old people are driving. Needless to say all the rigs were going faster than us and I learned my lesson about driving behind old people.

3. I hate people who tailgate even if there is nowhere else to go.

4. I hate trucks that are tricked out baja style and try to weave through traffic like a sports car. One was tailgating me and I had nowhere to go so when the left lane opened up he lunged into it and his big stupid wide tires hit the island and rolled over he basically got what he deserved.

5. Stupid people.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:26 PM

-COPS
-people that merge onto the highway at 35 mph
-women on cell phones
-Vans and Minivans
-last minute potholes
-intimidated ricers
Old 04-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I R The Law

uh oh another, "I hate cops" comment.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Law
LOL! What an idiot. That person really needs to stay off the road.
For real. The only time I don't feel obliged to move over when I'm in the left lane is when I'm in going a decent speed and some douche comes flying up on me like 100 mph and then rides me. Then they act all huffy when you don't swerve over into the other lane to avoid them. Like you're supposed to accommodate them driving 100+ mph.

old people bother me too. If you're going to die, at least pull off to the side of the road and do it.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:17 PM

Lack of common sense shown by other drivers:
Examples:

if u r going to merge or change lanes U NEED TO GO FASTER THEN THE CAR RIGHT BESIDE U in order to get into the lane u want and not change lanes into them!!!

if u r going to change lanes, LOOK BEHIND u in the rear view mirror, there are SOMETIMES vehicles moving at higher velocities than u are capable of matching with ur 4 cyl corolla

lazy drivers who cant pick up their hand to signal NEED TO GO ON A DIET or ur car will get hit when u change lanes on the highway

pretty much every other BMW, BENZ, CADILLAC, or HUMMER on the road -- these drivers were miss lead at the time of their vehicle purchase at the dealership-- someone accidentally told them that with the high price of their car also comes the RIGHT that they no longer need to follow the rules of the road just because their car is MORE EXPENSIVE

Gas prices--- umm HELLO? the british soldiers were released without incident, 2 months ago gas was 20 cents cheaper (canadian) and america was in iraq for the last how many years ? yeah nothing changed and prices keep climbing. WTF ??? north korea is suddenly kool, no long weekend anymore and its not summer yet so no one is traveling so WHAT THE HELL ?????????? this is like the mafia raping us in the behind, they charge what they want because we have no choice so they keep doing it, WE NEED A STRIKE!!!!!!

sorry i appologize i got too excited about this post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Seriously whats with I hate cop comments? I think all the cop haters should seriously sign up for a ride along to see what its like. I did and I'm really thinking about becoming a sherrif. They aren't there to ruin your life, if there is a radar enforced sign underneath the posted speed limit expect officers to be out there with their radar and laser guns catching people speeding.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:20 PM
I R The Law

You guys really need to stop bashing on the elderly people driving. All you guys keep bashing them and it makes it seem like all of you who are bashing the elderly that you won't be at that age sooner or later.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:24 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by 97MaximaSE97
Seriously whats with I hate cop comments? I think all the cop haters should seriously sign up for a ride along to see what its like. I did and I'm really thinking about becoming a sherrif. They aren't there to ruin your life, if there is a radar enforced sign underneath the posted speed limit expect officers to be out there with their radar and laser guns catching people speeding.
I can't believe somebody is agreeing with me.

You people have to realize that officers are human beings just like us. They have that job to feed their family and their living expenses. Its not like they do it on purpose to pull people over, its their job to protect the innocient and ticket the dumb ones.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 PM

i would say the only things that bother me are

1. in the event of a storm, black out, and street lights go out, people dont understand that it serves as a four way stop. im usually the one stopping all of the traffic behind me to let others go.

2. when im in the fast lane already going over the speed limit and someone wants to get behind me and flash me because they want to go faster.

3. theres a darn traffic jam...WHY?? oh i know, because everyone wants to slow down to see why the car on the side of the road has a flat tire.

4. horn honkers!! you're the ones that when i hear your horn, ill say 'ok then' and ill upset you some more. theres no need to honk your horns for every little thing you dislike.

im a very calm driver and these things that i mentioned are occurrences that dont happen too often, so i guess u could say im never upset on the road. thats probably more dangerous than some of the things mentioned, is being upset about something so stupid
Old 04-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Gotcha!

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
2. when im in the fast lane already going over the speed limit and someone wants to get behind me and flash me because they want to go faster.

you might want to consider the fact that you could be ticketed for not using the left lane for passing purposes only. that is what the lane is for, no matter how much faster someone is going in that lane. unless you are passing someone, you are supposed to be one more lane over.

people honestly do not get this and **** more people off in the process. if you are not passing, there is no reason for you to be in the left most lane on the highway.

think about if you were on the autobahn and decided... well im already doing 120... the mercedes coming up my *** at 180 should slow down and do my speed.... Where is the logic?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:23 PM

maan wassup wit all these cops up in here lol u gonna read us our rights too. u say cops arent bad, yea it depends where u go. its alot of crooked ones out here and the ones that just mess wit u cuz u got a nice car. we're not saying all of you are bad, we just cant stand the unnessesary things some of you do to fnck with us and waste our time even if you are obeying the law. so just get over it and ignore how we feel about u...honestly this is how i feel
Old 04-13-2007, 01:02 AM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by kencapel
maan wassup wit all these cops up in here lol u gonna read us our rights too. u say cops arent bad, yea it depends where u go. its alot of crooked ones out here and the ones that just mess wit u cuz u got a nice car. we're not saying all of you are bad, we just cant stand the unnessesary things some of you do to fnck with us and waste our time even if you are obeying the law. so just get over it and ignore how we feel about u...honestly this is how i feel
Funny thing is that ASSuming things make you look stupid. I never said I was a police officer did I? I bet you do feel but I bet when you need a police officer because something happened and they are helping you, you don't feel now do you?
Old 04-13-2007, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by swatspyder
you might want to consider the fact that you could be ticketed for not using the left lane for passing purposes only. that is what the lane is for, no matter how much faster someone is going in that lane. unless you are passing someone, you are supposed to be one more lane over.

people honestly do not get this and **** more people off in the process. if you are not passing, there is no reason for you to be in the left most lane on the highway.

think about if you were on the autobahn and decided... well im already doing 120... the mercedes coming up my *** at 180 should slow down and do my speed.... Where is the logic?
i just looked up the law in my state and it states that i can stay in the left lane no matter how fast everyone else is going, so thats invalid. maybe in your state it'll **** more people off, but everywhere else...nu-uh, if im already going 10 over, which i could get ticketed for already, im not going to go 15 over to please the person behind me.

and obviously if i was on the autobahn, which im not, there would be different rules im assuming.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:23 PM

Dude where I am from police officers harass all of the car guys around here, last weekend I was up at the local cruising strip and we were all parked not bothering anybody and 2 cops show up and start stopping everybody and making them pull out their ID's and calling us liars b/c we didn't know why the cops showed up and stupid stuff like that, don't get me wrong, cops do do their job but they also like using their authority for no reason sometimes.

And people on the wrong side of the road and when you honk your horn at them they get pissed at you!!! That is just stupid!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:12 PM
is invisible

there are good cops, and there are bad cops...
Old 04-13-2007, 09:13 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by CoolMax
there are good cops, and there are bad cops...
Very true.

There are also them nappy headed hoes.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:20 PM

Dallas, especially in the garland/rowlett area cops dont drive or nothing they sit on there asses and radar every god dam road....

But to stay on topic, well the only thing that annoys me is the drivers who wont pay attention to what there supposed to be doing... DRIVING, but dont get me wrong im not perfect and i've had a few times where i dont pay attention myself.

Besides that you can pretty much predict what a person is going to do by the way there driving.. and if you cant, what the hell i've been driving for 8 months and i can o.O
Old 04-14-2007, 01:34 AM
VIP Maxima

my car.........

the fact that i get 15mpg
the fact that the car does 19 sec down the 1/4
the fact that my brakes are worthless
the fact that i have to crawl over everything and anything
the fact that my turning radius is bigger than a semi cuz i cant turn the wheels all the way thanks to a stupid drop
the fact that a hummer doing 60 mph on a desert with blown shocks is more comfortable than my car
the fact that after multiple alignments, i have to fight the steering wheel to go straight.
the fact that i get pulled over out of no where as soon as i get on a main street

yes i am getting old and i want a new car.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
my car.........

the fact that i get 15mpg
the fact that the car does 19 sec down the 1/4
the fact that my brakes are worthless
the fact that i have to crawl over everything and anything
the fact that my turning radius is bigger than a semi cuz i cant turn the wheels all the way thanks to a stupid drop
the fact that a hummer doing 60 mph on a desert with blown shocks is more comfortable than my car
the fact that after multiple alignments, i have to fight the steering wheel to go straight.
the fact that i get pulled over out of no where as soon as i get on a main street

yes i am getting old and i want a new car.
I'm getting tired of the dropped car too, and mine isn't half as bad as yours. I'm keeping my 240sx stock height for a while...I actually want to attach a speedbump straight on, instead of at a huge angle.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:40 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
the fact that i have to crawl over everything and anything.
Honk all you want, I will continue to go slow.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:18 PM
♠♠♠♠♠

i just looked up the law in my state and it states that i can stay in the left lane no matter how fast everyone else is going, so thats invalid. maybe in your state it'll **** more people off, but everywhere else...nu-uh, if im already going 10 over, which i could get ticketed for already, im not going to go 15 over to please the person behind me.

and obviously if i was on the autobahn, which im not, they're would be different rules im assuming.
whether or not its legal or illegal, its just good form. "rules of the road", "drivers etiquette", whatever. whats the reason you CANT use the right lane??
Old 04-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by AJA_MAX
Dallas, especially in the garland/rowlett area cops dont drive or nothing they sit on there asses and radar every god dam road....

But to stay on topic, well the only thing that annoys me is the drivers who wont pay attention to what there supposed to be doing... DRIVING, but dont get me wrong im not perfect and i've had a few times where i dont pay attention myself.

Besides that you can pretty much predict what a person is going to do by the way there driving.. and if you cant, what the hell i've been driving for 8 months and i can o.O

Garland cops fnck with u too huh...yea rowlett cops are hoez
Old 04-15-2007, 04:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MacGarnicle
whether or not its legal or illegal, its just good form. "rules of the road", "drivers etiquette", whatever. whats the reason you CANT use the right lane??
Regardless if your on the autobahn or not the same logic still applies. Why make someone pass you in the SLOW LANE? Take any drivers ed course and i guarantee they will teach you this regardless of what state you are in. If they dont, then they probably arent certified to teach the course. So if you find yourself in the PASSING lane w/ people on your azz flashing you, take a hint and get over.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:47 AM
is invisible

What are you trying to prove?
Old 04-15-2007, 10:48 AM
is invisible

You guys really need to stop bashing on the elderly people driving. All you guys keep bashing them and it makes it seem like all of you who are bashing the elderly that you won't be at that age sooner or later.
I agree with you...good thing you're realizing that at a young age.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by jman7777
people who won't take rights on red when it is legal to do so. fuxing hate that.
Were these people from NYC? We can't make right on reds here..
Old 04-15-2007, 01:13 PM

^^^ Idiots like this guy complaining about cops.

I'm sorry but if you can do better, please be my guest and try to do their job. If your not dodging in and out of traffic then they might not care. Cause I know I've gone past cops doing 5-10mph and they don't care.

Quick Reply: What bothers you on the road?