General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Would you buy this car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 06:28 PM

Ok..made ya look. Take a look at my updated pics of my car? Feedback?

SHUMAX
Old 07-11-2001, 06:29 PM

another

Another pic!
Old 07-11-2001, 06:30 PM

Final Pic

Final one....thoughts?

SHUMAX
Old 07-11-2001, 10:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Final Pic

I'm not liking the wheels...sorry. Just my worthless two cents.

David C.
Old 07-11-2001, 10:47 PM

I'm not feeling the 'tezzas or oversized fogs, but sidemarkers are killer and definitely a subtle but novel mod. I respectfully disagree with David C.; the wheels and painted calipers are great.

And BTW, grass needs to be cut!
Old 07-11-2001, 10:58 PM
I'm needing a caw

No, why do you ask?
Old 07-11-2001, 11:13 PM

everyone has the tezzas, but overall it looks very nice. The wheels kinda look like mine
Old 07-11-2001, 11:33 PM

car looks great, but im not diggin the Altezzas. overall, nice car.
Old 07-12-2001, 04:58 AM

Thanks for the replys. I was amoung the first few who had the altezzas so the comments about how "everyone has them" should apply to others Anyway, I am in the middle of placing carbonfiber on the inside of them to make them look better. Comment about the wheels? You are the first person to say you don't like Borbet Type E's. I am sure there are others out there who don't like them though. I am just shocked because I have posted pics of my car/wheels before and others like them....oh well for each there own. I love the way they look when they are clean with the red calipers.

The grass does need cut. However, we are in a drought here and its green now. If I cut it, it will turn brown like everyone elses.

<sarcasm> Jeff92Se F-you!<sarcasm> I wouldn't have sold it to you anyway. You aren't worthy of Altezzas my friend I know how much you like em' though. Maybe if you bed them they will make them for your 3rd Generation. Then you could look like the last body style Eclipse---they rap around the entire rear end....look STUPID!

Thanks again everyone!

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 07:12 AM

Nice car rims need to be a little bigger or drop the car.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:27 AM
Administrator

need bigger rims.. and need David L tails
Old 07-12-2001, 07:43 AM

?

Drop the car? Ahhh...it is with H&R and tokico. I think what's doing it is the angle and the slope the car is one. It has 225/50/16 tires too. I should have done 225/55/16. I would like to get 17's but don't want to put more money in the car....not worth it if I am selling it. 18's wouldn't survive where I live and 19's are flat out a joke!

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 07:45 AM

I will buy these wheels...

Are they for sell??
Old 07-12-2001, 07:53 AM

Re: ?

Originally posted by shumax
Drop the car? Ahhh...it is with H&R and tokico. I think what's doing it is the angle and the slope the car is one. It has 225/50/16 tires too. I should have done 225/55/16. I would like to get 17's but don't want to put more money in the car....not worth it if I am selling it. 18's wouldn't survive where I live and 19's are flat out a joke!

SHUMAX

You should of gone lower on the spring drop. cause you still have alot of space.
Old 07-12-2001, 08:11 AM

?

Again, as I said before, the drop doesn't look as much as it should is due to the 50 series tires on 16" rims. I have seen plenty of 55 series tires on 16" rims with H&R and it looks great! In fact...my old PIrellis had 55 series tires on it looked a lot better. Why I went to 50 series I don't know!

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 08:14 AM
Administrator

why not buy 18's .. you can always sell them or put them on another car.. thats a poor excuse..

and people in NYC have driven on 19's and 20's i doubt 18's will be bad.. and 18's are just as bad as 17's.. the ride quality is the same
Old 07-12-2001, 08:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: ?

The car looks nice, although I'm not a huge fan of Altezzas.
I love Borbet type E rims though
Old 07-12-2001, 08:18 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
why not buy 18's .. you can always sell them or put them on another car.. thats a poor excuse..

and people in NYC have driven on 19's and 20's i doubt 18's will be bad.. and 18's are just as bad as 17's.. the ride quality is the same

This is true I had a huptey(old pos oldsmobile) sitting on 19's I live in north jersey same holes over here.
Old 07-12-2001, 08:19 AM

Nice & tight, and I think Altezzas and the wheels look fine. Believe it or not I think that's the first pics of the Altezzas I liked, but I'm all for people doing whatever they want to their cars.
Old 07-12-2001, 08:46 AM

:)

Thanks for the props on the Altezzas. I will admit that I am not a HUGE fan. However, I am going to try to make them GENII's ith carbon Fiber. IF I hate them I will sell them.

My car? It will be for sale in a few months...actually 1.5 to be exact. I will let you know about parts. I think that the

CAI will go
FSTB, RSB, RSTB will go
Stillen Exhaust
JL 12W6
(2) Rockford Fosgate Amps
Maybe 4 month old Tokicos with about 6k on them by then

Not sure what else

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 08:59 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: .

[joking] **** your retarded sister too ?[joking]
You asked a question and I answered. What's the problem bro?? [joking]Nissan spend thousands of dollars to design their tailights, you spend $250 to screw them up.[joking]

[joking]Why in the hell would I even THINK to entertain the thought of allcrappas on the 3-rd gen. I think I'll email them and ask them NOT to make them for the 3-gen. Maybe it will spare me from the other knuckleheaded idiots that have more $$ than sense.[joking]

Just goes to show you can't improve the already bubble butted 4-gen rear. Now you have a Kermit the frog bubble butt staring at everyone. God I hope you don't startle some old lady into thinking your going backwards on the freeway and cause an accident!

BTW. The carbon fiber project is a much better idea. That would look damn good. I hope it works out.

<sarcasm> Jeff92Se F-you!<sarcasm> I wouldn't have sold it to you anyway. You aren't worthy of Altezzas my friend I know how much you like em' though. Maybe if you bed them they will make them for your 3rd Generation. Then you could look like the last body style Eclipse---they rap around the entire rear end....look STUPID!

Thanks again everyone!

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 09:15 AM

Re: Re: .

hey this post just started getting good.....
Old 07-12-2001, 10:05 AM

hmm

SprintMAX: Well trying to explain this won't make sense as you are obviously fine with pouring cash into your car, which is fine. However, I am now furnished with a company car, getting married in March and buying a house soon. Do you still want to know why I am not buying ANOTHER set of wheels, let alone 18's? That's the honest reason...money for me is better spent somewhere else. Not to mention that my personal opinion is that 18's look like wagon wheels---i.e I think they look to big.

Jeff92se. Its hard to take what you say as a joke---my sister. Why don't you try joking around with me and leave others out of it? <shaking head>

I think you have a small point about the lights. Kermit the frog, I see what you mean in a way The rear end of that 4th generation has always been ugly in my opinion. I hope the carbonfiber helps. If it doesn't I am sure you will let me know. However, the one thing about the 4th gen is that we have a better engine than the 3rd generations do---I mean if you want to compare car parts lets go at it I don't have VTC or broken exhaust studs...etc. Sure, it's the same horsepower, but you also have a timing BELT to maintain, trouble prone injectors...etc. Heck your engine was even out of your car for god knows what. Thank god after 70k my car has had very little wrong with it. Sure, maybe yours had 200k when it was taken out--but I doubt it. Not trying to bash that engine as it truly is nice. Just trying to point out that the 3rd gen is no superior work either--much like the 4th gen's ugly tail end. Again, this is all my opinion--worht nothing to you, I know

Cheers big guy!

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 11:42 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: hmm

I don't think you were joking when you told me to **** off either so I returned the favor. It's pretty easy to use the smilies and fake vb code as a shield. You don't think I can see though it? Woodear started the smilie thing about 6 months ago when we used to argue with each other. Sheesh.

So now you have to start in w/ the maxima engines? Yeah I took the engine out and fixed it. Why? Becuase I'm a better mechanic than the Nissan dealer's mechanic. I don't have broken VTCs, studs and I've never had an injector problem thank you. So what's your point? Oh and if you knew your left sock from a big rock, you would know that the VE has a timing CHAIN, not a belt. Thanks.

Well if you want to continue to compare parts that's fine. You know the difference w/ the 3-gen VE faults and the 4-gen's faults? The ve's faults can be fixed and the 4-gens cannot. ie.. Bubble butt rear end and beam/log solid dinasaur technology rear end suspension.

I think you are the master! The master of contradiction that is. You say you don't want to bash, then here you go. If you want to put [scarcasm] in front of everything and call it a joke, why can't I?? I guess I can say anything I want and just put "I'm not trying to bash", scarcasm or it's my worthless 2 cents and it makes everything all right? You did correct?

BTW. The VQ has 10ftlbs torque than the VE. Alot more torque down low but less breathing room up high than the VE. The VQ is better than the VE becuase it's lighter and gets more torque(same hp) than the VE w/ less gimmicks like VTC. See now that's an argument On the other hand, I don't like the idea that Nissan was in dire straits when it devolped the 4-gen. You can see the cost cutting in the paint, build and materials(other than the engine) The 3-gen is older but Nissan really had alot of cash back in 1989, when it first developed the 3-gen maxima and it shows. But even Toyota went cheap on it's Camry in 96 or 97' when it changed body styles.

Jeff92se. Its hard to take what you say as a joke---my sister. Why don't you try joking around with me and leave others out of it? <shaking head>

However, the one thing about the 4th gen is that we have a better engine than the 3rd generations do---I mean if you want to compare car parts lets go at it. I don't have VTC or broken exhaust studs...etc. Sure, it's the same horsepower, but you also have a timing BELT to maintain, trouble prone injectors...etc. Heck your engine was even out of your car for god knows what. Thank god after 70k my car has had very little wrong with it. Sure, maybe yours had 200k when it was taken out--but I doubt it. Not trying to bash that engine as it truly is nice. Just trying to point out that the 3rd gen is no superior work either--much like the 4th gen's ugly tail end. Again, this is all my opinion--worht nothing to you, I know

Cheers big guy!

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 12:23 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

shumax,

It would be un-wise to start comparing the 3rd and 4th gens beyond the motor.....

I agree the VQ is a better motor (although the VE was ahead of its time.....to bad the VTCs were/are defective). But after that, Nissan designed a great engine and a POS rest-of-the-car (yes, I just typed that) when compared to the touches/details of the 3rd gen models.

My 3rd gen has 114k, my 99 has 34k. My 3rd gen still feels better built than the 99....it's not even close. I won't comment on the 95 to 96 models because I believe they were built better than the 97 to 99s but were worse compared to the 92 to 94 Maxes.....

I guess I'll have to watch the thread now......
Old 07-12-2001, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Re: hmm

well i respect your opinion.. personally i think 16's on aftermaket rims look like go car wheels... i would rather keep stock 97 SE rims or buy them than waste money on the aftermarket stuff..

oh by the way.. the reason some of us can afford to buy rims and a house and other stuff and still pour money into our cars? is because we MAKE more money

some of us are not scrounging to make ends meet day by day.. we actually have MONEY I don't have to sell my car to pay for my wedding or house..

ok enough..

<--- almost forgot
SprintMAX: Well trying to explain this won't make sense as you are obviously fine with pouring cash into your car, which is fine. However, I am now furnished with a company car, getting married in March and buying a house soon. Do you still want to know why I am not buying ANOTHER set of wheels, let alone 18's? That's the honest reason...money for me is better spent somewhere else. Not to mention that my personal opinion is that 18's look like wagon wheels---i.e I think they look to big.

Old 07-12-2001, 12:35 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Re: hmm

Originally posted by SprintMax

<--- almost forgot
You just saved yourself from sure moderation......
Old 07-12-2001, 12:39 PM

hmmm

Jeff92se. I wish I could meet you face to face. My comment was joking but did have a bit of validity to it when I said F-you. You are continually bickering with me over nothing more than an opinion. As far as the smiles---think what you want on them.

Your car vs mine? Who cares honestly. I honestly forgot you had an SE--thus the belt on the timing gear comment. As far as you being better than a Nissan mechanic--can you back that up somehow? No--so it's an opinion. Certainly not one I would agree, or disagree with. But it has no effect on how I much I think you know about cars---why did you have to take your engine out anyway?! <curious>

Cost cutting on a car? I don't think the primary reason they cut costs was b/c they had no money back in 94'. They did it because everyone else was doing it too. Hell in 97 the camary got bumpers that weren't as solid to save of all things---money. They work fine, but were cheaper and made the car lighter.

To add to the VQ. Our engines have been microfinished for less friction which is said to add to the life of the engine and increase gas milage. Not to mention the VQ was voted one of the 10 best engines in the WORLD for numerous years---I think 10--not sure if the VQ has even been around that long though.

The simple fact is that I don't appreciate you or your approach to people who have different opinions that yours. I am NOT trying to bash you...or contradict myself. I think that you take things the wrong way b/c this is the worst way to communicate---forum or email. I would love to meet you and talk to you. I have to think that things would go over a lot better.

I asked for input on my car and you gave it. Was I a bit unhappy with what you said. Maybe a tad. Honestly I have had nothing but compliments on my car. You, who doesnt' appreciate me, buzzes in right away to poke at me about my car saying you wouldn't buy it. You said that simply because you don't like me or the a$$ end of my car If I had a choice over my car or yours...It wouldn't be a choice. I would be in the clean looking 4th (minus Altezzas, unless the carbon fiber worked) driving away Now...that's an opinion. Jeff try not to take it personal and hit the reply button to attack. I know you can do it.....resist Jeff! Lets, BOTH, try to get along and stop acting like we are 4 about a car of all things.

Cool?

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 01:06 PM

Re: hmmm

I would love to meet you and talk to you.
-
Old 07-12-2001, 01:12 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: hmmm

First of all, it probably would be different if we met. No hard feelings. I'm sure we would get along. But now back to our regularly scheduled flaming

The reason I pulled the engine is because the stupid Nissan tech didn't fix the VTCs right. I took it there, I paid, then Nissan screwed me. Easy. I therefore pulled the motor to gain easy access to the VTCs, fix the studs and do a clutch job. At the same time, I pulled the injectors to get them sonicly cleaned(first one here to do that as far as I know) Since the "Nissan mechanic" doesn't know a wrench from a doorknob, their vtc fix lasted 10k. Since mine has lasted over 40k, I "think" that makes me a better mechanic than the lame Nissan one correct? That is about as much "backing up" as anyone can possibly do. I could go toe to toe w/ that Nissan mechanic and make him look silly on this one fact alone.

Back in 1989 Nissan had gobs of money. By 1995 Nissan was in serious finanical trouble. (ie.. Renault bailout) It doesn't take rocket science to see that Nissan and whoever else had to cut corners somewhere to save costs. It just so happens the 4-gen received the brunt of the cut backs. Bill owns both 3-gen and 4-gen maximas and agrees w/ me 100%. He has taken both apart. Now I think that's fact correct? The 3-gen camrys were much better built than the 5-gen camrys. It's not opinion, it's fact. Toyota even ADMITS to their cost saving ways. The bumpers make them ligher yes, but cheaper made nevertheless.

The thing is about our arguments is that you always want the last word then ask me not to reply? What the hell is that? I'm not attacking you anymore than your attacking me. I don't take is personally really. It's quite fun. The thing I don't get is that you insist on changing the subject whenever you want. It's you that brought the subject of 4-gen vs 3-gen not me. I was just refuting your comments with fact not opinion. If you don't care to compare the 3-gen to 4-gen, don't bring it up.

Personally I like your car(minus the buggy tail lights), the color,wheels, turnsignals are all clean. Most of the time, I'm just giving you a hard time. It's funny to see you all worked up and type some longwinded reply to spite me.

So if you want to prove my theory(turn opinion to fact), please reply.
Old 07-12-2001, 05:08 PM

Sprint

SPRINTMAX-
So now you are speculating about hom much money I make? <laughing my A$$ off at you> No matter what I tell you I make you will make more...it's the nature of the forum. Someone will always have a bigger fish story than you. I am not selling my car to buy a house or to finance a wedding. In fact I got a company car and don't need this one---simple as that. The money would be better sitting in my Vanguard Mutual funds than in the car to be honest.
What do I make? I make more than the average 24 year old with my degrees, I can honestly say that. Let's just say I am not close to the century mark but I am 65% of the way there--can ya run the math on that one. Again, 24 years old and my wife makes about 5% less---you do the math smart guy! Just a tip...don't speculate about peoples income. It tends to **** them off! Oh yea...if you were up on Max's you would know my 4th gen 95SE came with 15" "sawblade" wheels. Therefore, going to 16's was an upgrade and a good one at that. If you want to bring your 'blades' over to the streets of cleveland---go for it. I bet they last a month before they are bent.

Jeff and Bill- I agree the 4th gen is not built like the 3rd. My parents had an 89, 92 and then the 95se that I bought off of them. The 89 was far superior to the rest. But I only compared the engine. The only other thing I think is better is the interior. The rest of the car--suspension--steering, durability---seems to go to the 3rd gen. However the paint is all that I will ***** about on my 4th generation. But it was also not that great on either of our 3rd gens. I think that Nissan paint sucsk in general!

So a meet. Yea..I would love to meet both of you. To be honest I would like to hear more about the removal of your engine. I have only done a transplant into a CRX and that was nothing. Where do you live Jeff?

Thanks for the friendly flame Jeff...now I know where we both stand. At least I have a better idea of why you are superior to the Nissan Mechanic anyway!

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Re: Sprint

Let me see.. your not an underwriter so i know you are not making six figures... but Curt.. I am not going to get into the cost of living and how much someone in your job makes.. quite frankly i don't care.. more power to you.. more power to what you do.. I wish you luck

Oh please don't bring age into this.. because i am 23 years old and the next person down in my college graduating class of 500 makes 30k less than i do hey .. but i we could carry on this my ***** is bigger than your debate all day.. who cares..

i spend enormous amounts of money on my car yes $12,000 so far.. but thats my thing.. and you do your thing.. we are all different..

thank you.. have a nice day

<--- didn't forget this time Bill
SPRINTMAX-
So now you are speculating about hom much money I make? <laughing my A$$ off at you> No matter what I tell you I make you will make more...it's the nature of the forum. Someone will always have a bigger fish story than you. I am not selling my car to buy a house or to finance a wedding. In fact I got a company car and don't need this one---simple as that. The money would be better sitting in my Vanguard Mutual funds than in the car to be honest.
What do I make? I make more than the average 24 year old with my degrees, I can honestly say that. Let's just say I am not close to the century mark but I am 65% of the way there--can ya run the math on that one. Again, 24 years old and my wife makes about 5% less---you do the math smart guy! Just a tip...don't speculate about peoples income. It tends to **** them off! Oh yea...if you were up on Max's you would know my 4th gen 95SE came with 15" "sawblade" wheels. Therefore, going to 16's was an upgrade and a good one at that. If you want to bring your 'blades' over to the streets of cleveland---go for it. I bet they last a month before they are bent.

Jeff and Bill- I agree the 4th gen is not built like the 3rd. My parents had an 89, 92 and then the 95se that I bought off of them. The 89 was far superior to the rest. But I only compared the engine. The only other thing I think is better is the interior. The rest of the car--suspension--steering, durability---seems to go to the 3rd gen. However the paint is all that I will ***** about on my 4th generation. But it was also not that great on either of our 3rd gens. I think that Nissan paint sucsk in general!

So a meet. Yea..I would love to meet both of you. To be honest I would like to hear more about the removal of your engine. I have only done a transplant into a CRX and that was nothing. Where do you live Jeff?

Thanks for the friendly flame Jeff...now I know where we both stand. At least I have a better idea of why you are superior to the Nissan Mechanic anyway!

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 06:14 PM

Civilized

I like that Sprint...you can disagree without attacking---such a nonel idea Anyway, no I am not an underwriter. What I do is a 'field' position. Like I said about my company--we work with independednt agents. I work to get the agent to write the business with us and not his other 10 companies. I get a very nice base salary a car and other nice perks. On top of that I get incentives. If I do well I get them, if not I get a little, but not much more than a supercharger installed by a modestly charging mechanic every year

Thanks for the good luck. I am going to need it in this industry. Insurance is the worst performing sector in the business industry right now. Will it get better? I have been in it for about 2 years and others who have been in it 30 say "oh yea" this is just a cycle---who knows--makes me nervous though!

As far as your car. I can honestly tell you that if I sunk $12k in my car I would shoot myself point blank in the forehead! At least at this point in my life I would. My goal is to have a hopped up Honda S2k by 35. Howver, right now I am enjoying no bills other than utilities and insurance. My facination to have a house, wife and kids sounds like the same as yours for your car. I wish YOU the best of luck as well!

SHUMAX

Or Curt Shumaker as Sprint likes to call it
Old 07-12-2001, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Re: Civilized

Well one good thing about the Insurance Industry is the layoffs are not as common and if the Government shuts down a company.. their are so many diffrent things.. it would litearally take about 5 - 10 years to stop the full operation of an Insurance Company... Stability is the name of the game and Insurance Companies have that..

Insurance may not make alot of money upfront.. but Insurance Companies and Finacial Warehouses have the most money... and i tell you its much better to work for an Insurance Company that to work for a dot.com company.. because those things will make 1 million dollars in 1 month.. but can also lose it the next.. and the stability is not there ie. Divisions of PriceLine... Look at it this way.. People and Companies will always need Insurance.. its just up to your individual company to stay afloat .. but the market will always be there...

Yeah i spent $12k on car.. its my hobby.. i like it.. some people sink thousands of dollars into many different as we like to call it "weekend projects" but if you can afford to play ball its a sweet thing... EVERY Weekend at my house .. their is 3 or more maxima's parked outside and all we do is work on cars all weekend.. ask Lance Smith.. ask 97 Maxima SE.. they will tell you.. its fun.. i don't look at it as money.. i look at it as a hobby.. it could be boats.. it could be computers.. it could be anything.. if you have a passion for something and money is not object.. then you should not let it stop you..

I like that Sprint...you can disagree without attacking---such a nonel idea Anyway, no I am not an underwriter. What I do is a 'field' position. Like I said about my company--we work with independednt agents. I work to get the agent to write the business with us and not his other 10 companies. I get a very nice base salary a car and other nice perks. On top of that I get incentives. If I do well I get them, if not I get a little, but not much more than a supercharger installed by a modestly charging mechanic every year

Thanks for the good luck. I am going to need it in this industry. Insurance is the worst performing sector in the business industry right now. Will it get better? I have been in it for about 2 years and others who have been in it 30 say "oh yea" this is just a cycle---who knows--makes me nervous though!

As far as your car. I can honestly tell you that if I sunk $12k in my car I would shoot myself point blank in the forehead! At least at this point in my life I would. My goal is to have a hopped up Honda S2k by 35. Howver, right now I am enjoying no bills other than utilities and insurance. My facination to have a house, wife and kids sounds like the same as yours for your car. I wish YOU the best of luck as well!

SHUMAX

Or Curt Shumaker as Sprint likes to call it
Old 07-12-2001, 06:39 PM

cool

Yes the insurance industry in going throuhg some pains now. However, I am certain those times will change soon...they just need time.

Your car....much like Jeff I wish I could meet you too. I wish there were more folks around me that I could hang out with and learn more about my car. While I don't want to sink much cash into it right now. I am ALWAYS up for learning even more about it.

Where are you located?

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Re: cool

i am from Connecticut

I am really passionate about this car.. and i will tell you something funny.. my fiance gave me $2000 to buy a supercharger (even though i bought NOS with it ) because she knows that as long as she lets me be and i keep working on my car every weekend.. i am not out looking for women and cheating.. god i love this car
Yes the insurance industry in going throuhg some pains now. However, I am certain those times will change soon...they just need time.

Your car....much like Jeff I wish I could meet you too. I wish there were more folks around me that I could hang out with and learn more about my car. While I don't want to sink much cash into it right now. I am ALWAYS up for learning even more about it.

Where are you located?

SHUMAX
Old 07-12-2001, 06:57 PM

This was turning out to be a pretty good thread until everything got messy...here's my $.02.

First of all, in reply to the purpose of the thread...

Shumax: Like the wheels/calipers/front grille/overall clean appearance of your car. Not too down with the Altezzas but hey, that's my preference.

Secondly...

I think the thread got silly when we started comparing salaries. I mean it's a reality in the world that some people make more $$$ than others. Is that a reason to judge? If you have a nice paying job and are able to afford all the stuff you want, more power to you. But what's the point of using that as leverage to put someone down...especially someone on the .ORG. I don't understand the reasoning behind that at all.

Finally...

E-mail/posting is definitely not the best form of communication. So much can be said or kept back behind the closed door of a keyboard that face-to-face is still the best way to go.

Have a great day gentlemen (and ladies).

Old 07-12-2001, 07:47 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i second that.....

Originally posted by mbcp_tdogg
This was turning out to be a pretty good thread until everything got messy...here's my $.02.

First of all, in reply to the purpose of the thread...

Shumax: Like the wheels/calipers/front grille/overall clean appearance of your car. Not too down with the Altezzas but hey, that's my preference.

Secondly...

I think the thread got silly when we started comparing salaries. I mean it's a reality in the world that some people make more $$$ than others. Is that a reason to judge? If you have a nice paying job and are able to afford all the stuff you want, more power to you. But what's the point of using that as leverage to put someone down...especially someone on the .ORG. I don't understand the reasoning behind that at all.
Finally...

E-mail/posting is definitely not the best form of communication. So much can be said or kept back behind the closed door of a keyboard that face-to-face is still the best way to go.

Have a great day gentlemen (and ladies).

Not too bad of a thread after all.... It's amazing what a can do

Now, Shuman, I thought you had 17's at first! But, Borbet type E's are some of the nicest design wheels, not flashy but almost perfect. I have 16's with a 50 series tire too... The Altezzas.... I don't know... certainly makes the car stand out, but I think Altezzas look better on a white max. Overall, nice.
Old 07-13-2001, 02:42 AM

<shaking my head at the last two posts>

Boys,

What you two fail to see is that Sprint was the one that said "Shumax, the differance between people who pour money in their car and those who don't is that we have the money to do this because we make more money." Now, that's not exactly what he said but I am tooooo lazy to go look at 5:30am---but that's basically what he said. He went on to say that I had to sell my car to buy a house, finance a wedding...etc. None of those comments are true at all.

So I ask you two: Who started the salary comment? I countered his comment allowing him to deduce what I make. If anyone put anyone down about how much they make, he did! He basically said I don't make enough to mod my car so I gave up to sell it to buy a house and pay for a wedding like I said above.

That being said, I don't care to get back into it with you or Sprint as Sprint and I are cool and so are Jeff and I. I will ask this: When was the last time we have had a post turn to flame and then have all parties flaming become "cool?" I am not sure that you have seen one---enlighten me if I am wrong.

My point? I am not acting in a poor manner. Rather I was defending myself and trying to be mature about it. If you took it as 'downing' someone about their salary I am sorry you saw it that way...

SHUMAX
Old 07-13-2001, 09:59 AM
I'm needing a caw

Shumax. Well at least this thread ended well. I live in the NW area. I think you live the MW or East coast? Anyway, we hare having a meet this Sat.

Light idea. Instead of the carbon fiber thing. How about removing the lense, sanding down the chrome back areas and then painting them. ie.. body color, smoked chrome(ie.. new RX300, new maxima tails, metallic gray, etc.....?

Really the only thing I don't like about the Altezzas is the chrome. It stands out too much for me. Something more intergrated would look better IMHO.

Quick Reply: Would you buy this car?