General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Max vs. Max

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 10:04 AM
SLOW

I had my first race with another Maxima yesterday. It was a black 3rd gen SE. I believe it was an automatic, because the guy was pimpin' to tha' side and its kinda hard to shift like that. Anyways we came off the expressway and to the stop at the end of the exit. Two of the lanes go right, and we both turned at the same time and it was on. I got up to about 65 or so, just into 3rd, and put about 2 lengths on him. It was a nice car, shiny black like mine, 18" Chrome, a body kit, one of the nicest 3rd gens I've seen around. He was cool, as I pulled into the store and got out he was stopped at the traffic light right there. I gave a wave and he did the same and a little honk of the horn and took off tires squealing all the way. It was a good first Maxima race.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:07 AM
Administrator

I drive with one hand out the window too i shift with my right hand.. left hand out the window.. steer with the right hand and then shift with the right hand.. i know it sounds crazy.. but i have to maintain my pimpness
Old 07-13-2001, 10:16 AM
SLOW

I kinda do the same actually, I think we are a little weird though. I lean to the right however, and do alot of stuff with my left hand especially when I am eating and driving at the same time. Shift with left hand across the body, steer with my knees (I find myself doing that no hands steering alot).

On a different note, does anyone have a clue why the pic i just added to my sig doesn't work? I know the picture works on the webpage I linked it from, I just looked at it 2 seconds ago.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:20 AM
Administrator

alot of websites.. are not allowing redirect linking..

my gf does that cross the body thing... that freaks me out.. i find that scary i use my knee and my right hand but never cross the body.. thats insane
Originally posted by Nealoc187
I kinda do the same actually, I think we are a little weird though. I lean to the right however, and do alot of stuff with my left hand especially when I am eating and driving at the same time. Shift with left hand across the body, steer with my knees (I find myself doing that no hands steering alot).

On a different note, does anyone have a clue why the pic i just added to my sig doesn't work? I know the picture works on the webpage I linked it from, I just looked at it 2 seconds ago.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:21 AM

Big Pimpin .. i be big pimpin on 17's

please.. i put both hands out the sunroof and drive with my legs

Ant
Old 07-13-2001, 12:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SprintMax
I drive with one hand out the window too i shift with my right hand.. left hand out the window.. steer with the right hand and then shift with the right hand.. i know it sounds crazy.. but i have to maintain my pimpness
I do that sometimes too when I'm feeling really lazy
it's hard to push the clutch and drive with your knees at teh same time though and then when I let go of the wheel to shift my car swerves a little because my alignment sucks so if you're driving behind me and it looks like I'm drunk, I'm not, I'm just being lazy