General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Nissan Sport Mag.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:06 PM

I want a side exit...
Old 06-06-2007, 07:28 AM

So has anyone talked to the 5.5gen guy to see if they what to be part of this?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Nightmare = Reality

Originally Posted by Pervis Anathema
They are family sedans / grocery getters.
well, YOURS are, doesn't mean the rest of us can't sport around
Old 06-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Hi Dave,

If you have a minute, please check out this thread.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=521976

It has a couple decent pics of my Maxima and a list of mods. Per our conversation at Nissan day at Quality Nissan, I'll be in touch very soon.

It was also nice meeting you and Dee Dee. Thanks for your consideration.

BTW, if you still would like to pursue working with Maxima.org, the man to contact is Doug (aka Sprint). He's the owner.

James

James,

Please contact me. I tried to send you a PM (not allowed?) so I tried an email but I'm not sure it went through.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by DaveO
James,

Please contact me. I tried to send you a PM (not allowed?) so I tried an email but I'm not sure it went through.
Dave,

Received your email and responding now. Unfortunately, you're unable to PM because you haven't reached 15 posts yet. Also, you'll be able to start your own thread (if you desire) once you reach 15 posts.

James
Old 06-08-2007, 04:24 PM

dont tell him that ^
hehehe
Old 06-18-2007, 02:26 PM

So have we figured out what we are going to do with the poll about the best 4thgen?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:56 PM

I just say to haters... They are sport sedans that have a lot of ***** and probably some of the fastest cars in their class of HP and size...etc...
Old 08-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Old Maxima Legend

Originally Posted by olivas
Yea it would the maximas always get over looked just because people think that they are family cars.

yeah so true, let them family car on this !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBOLv_OK5e4
Old 08-02-2007, 07:29 AM
drag racing is for wussies

Hey lookie here, my car made it into the magazine.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:56 AM

Poowill max was on there to
Old 08-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just an FYI, we did get quite a few great Maxima submissions (always could use more), so we are getting them lined up for future issues. BTW, I'm sure readers saw our comments on the next-gen Max (should be incredible). Anyway, continue to look for more coverage on your model.

One last request, if anyone knows the owner of this site, could someone tell that person to contact me? We'd like to make Maxima.org an official website partner of Nissan Sport. That means every issue we'll feature a member's car in that section. Thanks! I can be reached at 505-890-1764 or editor@nissansportmag.com.

Dave Bexfield
Managing Editor, Nissan Sport
Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 AM

^^^^ that is so awesome, put us on the map
Old 08-12-2007, 07:30 PM

i nominate me for the 5.5gen, even though i know its not the prettiest. but i think it might be the fastest(14.06 @ 97.02), considering im only runnin headers and a rear-section exhaust, as my performance mods ...
Old 08-12-2007, 07:55 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by 13sFTMFW
i nominate me for the 5.5gen, even though i know its not the prettiest. but i think it might be the fastest(14.06 @ 97.02), considering im only runnin headers and a rear-section exhaust, as my performance mods ...
Blu's & juice's 4AT's were faster as are many 6MT's. But, you're definitely one of the quicker ones.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Blu's & juice's 4AT's were faster as are many 6MT's. But, you're definitely one of the quicker ones.

yes this i agree with you on! but agian, im ONLY runnin headers and the exhaust on street tires. where as these people are runnin more mods, and some on drag radials/slicks.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:20 AM

One last request, if anyone knows the owner of this site, could someone tell that person to contact me? We'd like to make Maxima.org an official website partner of Nissan Sport. That means every issue we'll feature a member's car in that section. Thanks! I can be reached at 505-890-1764 or editor@nissansportmag.com.

Dave Bexfield
Managing Editor, Nissan Sport[/QUOTE]

We need to find this out. I nominate NmexMAX to be the next one to
be on the next issue
Old 08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My car was in the first ever issue of the Magazine when it launched last year.

Here is the pic used

Damn don't have a bigger pic at work
Old 08-14-2007, 10:10 AM

That awesome that you got the first maxima in.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Nissan Sport ed
Just an FYI, we did get quite a few great Maxima submissions (always could use more), so we are getting them lined up for future issues. BTW, I'm sure readers saw our comments on the next-gen Max (should be incredible). Anyway, continue to look for more coverage on your model.

Dave Bexfield
Dave B,

The owner of Maxima.org is Doug (Sprint). I don't know Doug personally, but I'll shoot him a PM and let him know about your request.

BTW, keep an eye out for some new pics I'll be sending your way now that I have the Brembo GT BBK kit and OZ rims installed. Thanks, I'll be in touch.

James O.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks James! Appreciate the help. Can't wait to feature members of the forum--from my view, there are a ton of great cars, way more than I expected. Folks can always e-mail me directly: editor@nissansportmag.com.

Dave Bexfield
Old 08-14-2007, 06:34 PM
retired moderator

Dave Bexfield
I'll let Doug, Luke, and Jeff know.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:14 PM

Dave Bexfield
Maxima.org does not accept Partnerships as of now, but you are welcomed to PM members who are going to be issued in each months Issues.

Management
Old 08-15-2007, 08:33 AM

I think it would be cool if the org. would go in the mag. It would show the rest of the reader that maximas are just "family cars".
Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 AM
dot dot dot ...

A32/33FTW.

_______

____

IF only had a single shot of that.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan Sport's partner website program is an informal arrangement--we want it to be a win-win for the enthusiasts. Basically we've tried to select the best online forum sites for Nissans, of which we feel maxima.org is one.

In every issue we'll have a description of the site along with the site logo. With that listing we'll feature a photo of a member's Maxima along with that person's name, internet handle, city/state, and a brief 20-word description of the ride.

In exchange, we ask for the opportunity to post every quarter (4 times a year) about the new upcoming issue as well as post about selecting the Maxima car of the quarter (4 times a year). We are very aware of spammers and/or too much commercialization, and will never abuse the privilege. Let me know your thoughts. You can pull the plug anytime if you are not happy. E-mail me with questions: editor@nissansportmag.com

Dave Bexfield
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 AM

Nissan Sport's partner website program is an informal arrangement--we want it to be a win-win for the enthusiasts. Basically we've tried to select the best online forum sites for Nissans, of which we feel maxima.org is one.

In every issue we'll have a description of the site along with the site logo. With that listing we'll feature a photo of a member's Maxima along with that person's name, internet handle, city/state, and a brief 20-word description of the ride.

In exchange, we ask for the opportunity to post every quarter (4 times a year) about the new upcoming issue as well as post about selecting the Maxima car of the quarter (4 times a year). We are very aware of spammers and/or too much commercialization, and will never abuse the privilege. Let me know your thoughts. You can pull the plug anytime if you are not happy. E-mail me with questions: editor@nissansportmag.com

Dave Bexfield
I agree with you Dave i think it would be good for the Maxima Community
Old 08-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Sexier Than Simpson

Dave Bexfield

I think this is a win-win for Maxima.org, they can already post threads.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:53 AM

At lest there is someone who agrees with me
Old 08-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

For us to be able to post threads about the magazine, we would need explicit approval from the owners/moderators. We have excellent relations with our other partner sites in part because we respect forum rules and don't abuse our privileges. I've sent a PM to one of the moderators to discuss further.

Dave Bexfield
Old 08-16-2007, 09:00 AM

Hopefully they will agree.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've got an e-mail into the site's owner. We'll see....

-Dave
Old 08-18-2007, 11:40 AM
dot dot dot ...

That's wyld, you're in ALB.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Nightmare = Reality

I think I'm going to Drop cash on Detailing, a Dyno, and a few runs down at the strip before I submit my car to the mag. I got some minor mods in a holding pattern, but I also agree about the .org partnership. We already have some serious cred flowing, but a passive owner who likes other sporty Nissans may pick this mag and be presented to join the community. and that, imho, is never a bad thing