General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Cop Roadkill

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2000, 05:50 AM
hodgeee

I have a buddy that is a state Trooper here in Vegas. I won't say his name considering that I could get into trouble, as well as him. Well, he normally drives a 93 mustang Chase car, but this last Thursday he was in a 98 Camaro Chase Car. I was going to see a girl down in Laughlin by the Nevada, Arizona border. (the bridge in the middle of town is the divider of both states) I don't know the name of the highway, but it is a 60 mile two lane that has incredible stretches of strait and level new black top.

It's about 9pm I am doing my usual trolling along at 80 or so, when I see an Acura NSX putting along ahead of me. The guy must have been doing the posted 55 mile an hour limit. I decide that I will speed up and blast past this dude, knowing that I couldn't touch him in a race, but figured I would just blow by real quick to see what he would do. I then pop it up to 100 and breeze by him when walla, where the hell did that highway patrol Camaro hide in front of that NSX. I never saw the Troop car until I was blasting past him. I try slamming on my brakes which slowed me down but I still blasted past the patrol car. I stared real hard with a prayer in my mind, hoping that this guy would be half way reasonable with my unreasonable predicament. While zipping by him at about 75 now, I could see the face of my friend, due to him having the interior light on.

I didn't think that my friend would give me a ticket, but when I passed them, I cut it close to oncoming traffic, and I know that really pisses him off. I have not seen him in over a year, so I doubt that he new what I was driving now. Well, he gets on my *** for about a mile, while I wonder why he does not pull me over. I know that the State Troopers do not have computers to run my plates, they have to call it in, and it will only show warrents(don't ask how I know this). I was of course doing the posted limit. At this particular time I figure what the hell, I lost all sanity and decided to see what my car topped out too. He did not hit his lights, but chirped me with his siren. I then floored it, and hoped that he would have a good attitude about this. I turned off my overdrive and let it fly. He stayed on my *** up to 100 from 55, but then got into the other lane and started to catch up to me evenly. As he got even with me, still floored, he then got on the microphone and yelled, "All right there MR. Andretti, pull it over!" I continued to blast down the road with my car floored. He stayed even with me up to about 125 and then started to fall back slowely(glad the roads were pretty barren). As we were now comming into a long flat stretch with visibility of about 8 miles, I put on my high beams to see better, and he put on a spot light to blind me from behind. As my car got to about 130 it was in red, so I hit the overdrive button on. As I got to 140 I noticed that he was falling back. I was just about to end this stupid game, until I noticed that he fell back. I then kept on until the needle was burried on the guage. After about another minute he turned on his lights, but was at least 20 car lengths behind and appearing to fall behind. I then let off the gas and turned on my emergency blinkers, and started to slow down, until I came to a full stop at the side of the road. I immediatly jumped out of the car and put my hands up, so that my friend could see that it was me. He came to a repitition of squelling tires, probably from his anti lock brakes kicking on and off, behind me. He jumped out of the car with his gun drawn, and then yelled, "AHHHHHH SSHHHHHHHHIIIIT!"

I was in major luck, he came over to me laughing and gave me a swift punch in my shoulder. He then hurried to get on the radio to call off his Trooper buddies up ahead by Laughlin. GET THIS-He told me he had me radared at 148mph. I did not believe him until he showed me the radar in his car. I had no idea that our Maximas could run so fast on the open road especially an auto. I have completely modified my exhaust all the way back, but did not think that the car could run that fast without a Supercharger! Las Vegas is normally at 2000 foot elevation, but out by where we were it was close to sea level. I was impressed with my car, but wondered why he was falling behind. He told me with all the extra weight from the gear they carry, and the stupid light bar on the roof, and the lights on the pillars, he said the car can barely do 140mph. He said that he has one personally that his buddy radared him at 162 mph on the same road. It is surprizing that a Maxima could outrun a Camaro even under the circumstances. I was really glad that he was as easy going as I remembered him to be, but envited him over for home style barbecued ribs to make up for stupid antics. I got to go now and get some ribs from Smiths, before I go to bed, but..........

He said that his buddy radared him, which means that he likes to haul ***, when there is mostly only himself to hurt. I believe that most cops drive fast, but can't understand why they chew you out, then give you a ticket. Is that being a hippocrititties? I don't mind when I get a ticket for speeding, but yelling at me and telling me how stupid I am, then giving me a ticket is bullcrap! If you chew me out, let me go! If you tell me to drive properly or you will revoke my license, then give me a ticket, I have nothing to complain about but my own stupidity.

Drive safely, not stupid like me, and for those who are politically correct, I appoligize for my rash actions and promise to do better at being responsible.

Old 08-26-2000, 07:46 AM

HELL OF A STORY

....I have always wanted to run with a trooper, and drive a trooper's car. For one stupid driver to another...congrats on the kill.

Old 08-26-2000, 11:21 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

damn man hehe

That's gotta be the craziest story i've read in a long time. All I can say is ... wow.

BTW - Doug's just jealous because the 10 speed he's riding on can't outrun a 5 yr old on his newest hot wheels, let alone a camaro =)

Chris

PS- Doug, tell me about the new car, did you pick one out??
Old 08-26-2000, 07:44 PM

In the new issue of MAX POWER has a top 10 list to get out of speeding tickets.Number one is one word *****.I really liked the list.
Old 08-26-2000, 10:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sweeeeet!!! Nice story man...

Gotta love those open out roads, if only I were so lucky!
Old 08-26-2000, 10:34 PM
RussMaxManiac

Very crazy, very very crazy. But obviously your cop friend knew who you were. BTW, that camaro would have ate your lunch, when he was tailing you, and next to you he wasnt floored. But above 100mph everything is down to wind resistance and I can guarentee you that LIGHT BAR caused some major drag. I could not hit above 130 with my T-TOPS off my TA with 4 people in it, just did not happen and this was on a STEEP DOWNHILL! With 2 people and ttops on the car has hit 150+ easy. Weight really doens't matter that much, but the drag does!

Hehe good kill, btw what year is yours

Old 08-27-2000, 03:06 AM
hodgeee

Originally posted by Russ2kSE
Very crazy, very very crazy. But obviously your cop friend knew who you were. BTW, that camaro would have ate your lunch, when he was tailing you, and next to you he wasnt floored. But above 100mph everything is down to wind resistance and I can guarentee you that LIGHT BAR caused some major drag. I could not hit above 130 with my T-TOPS off my TA with 4 people in it, just did not happen and this was on a STEEP DOWNHILL! With 2 people and ttops on the car has hit 150+ easy. Weight really doens't matter that much, but the drag does!

Hehe good kill, btw what year is yours
Yeah, I know at a standstill that I couldn't touch his car. I guess the lightbar is a big wind grabber. He said his personal car did 162mph. That is freakin fast! I got a 99 max. I have read that your 2000 will do a bit over 140 with a 5 speed and completely stock! It is funny cause he came over last night for those ribs I prommised him! He said that he new it was me the whole time, I don't think he did. He new I used to drive a 95 Found On Road Dead, Rustang GeeeeTeee, I don't think he would point a gun at me if he new it was me. I don't think I would have ever pushed it if I did not know that it was my friend. He usually works the freeways close to my home, and I used to blast past him in my Mustang (Canary Yellow, while honking horn), and he would just flash his lights at me and never do anything. I guess that probably really pissed off the guys that would then try to pass him, due to me flying by, and then they would get pulled over. He used to say that it was an undercover Highway patrol car to the complainers. Yeah I think he is a little hippocrite also with his ticket given, just glad he never ticketed me! Sold my Mustang about 2 months ago, really missed that speed with the supercharger in it. Can't wait to get a supercharger for this car. Unless someone buys it soon, so that I can buy my dads 98 Corvett. Well I guess a house is more important than having two cars! Peace!!!!!!!!