General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Roadkill, 87 Mercury Cougar =(

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2000, 09:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Roadkill! Destroyed a Mercury Cougar. Ran right into him and destoyed his fenter side, bent the hood.. destroyed the grill and his driver side light. Damage to max? Bunch of scratches, no broken lights.. Radiator seemed fine at inspection at the scene. I may have unscene damage, not sure. I'll have to look one day when its nice and bright out. Bad stuff though. The car seems to drive fine.
What happened:

Driving in the parking lot of target. Going maybe 10 mph. A car passes in front of me. I see the head of another car. Coasting at probably 5-7mph now. The dude stops. Then when I'm about 5 feet away from him.. HE COMES OUT. Slam on the brakes, EBCs can't grab hard. But to no avail! ABS! I keep going. Smack. No airbag deployment. My car is stuck to his. His car looks terrible though. He tells me his wife is pregnant. We make sure she is okay. It was side impact though. So she seemed shaken only. Abulance came, took her away. We exchanged info.. Cops came. They were really nice. Blah blah.. We both drove away. Hope his wife is okay. He told the cop I was going very fast. When I post the pics of the damage, you guys can decide.. 5mph..

ZuM
Old 12-08-2000, 09:15 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Glad everyone's alright. Sorry to hear about your accident.
Old 12-08-2000, 10:10 PM
Southpaw17

that sux zum, dam cougers

DEBO

Old 12-09-2000, 08:11 AM

HEre we go...87 Cougar w/ pregnant wife. They most likely are looking for some $ especially since an ambulance came for a fender bender. Used to be personal injuury defense atty so I have a sixth sense for this stuff. Hope I'm wrong... Remember rules of the road don't apply to pkg lots and don't give a recorded statement to their insurance co-if they have insurance
Old 12-09-2000, 10:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I too hope his pregant wife is ok, but there's a lot of false claims out there. So, I would make sure. You said you weren't going that fast, but he claimed that you did. Why else would he say that? Probably to get more blame on you, and make sure he gets the $$$. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 12-09-2000, 08:04 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yeah, I was talking to my parents about it and they said it sounded fishy. I'm going to meet with my family's attorney this comming monday. We are going to cover our butts before it gets ugly. I'm hoping he thinks I was going fast because of the damage to his car. He has some pretty good damage. But to give you an idea.. The impact was so light, our cars were still stuck together after the impact. And he was able to drive away just fine. I really only have scratches and a mangled license plate. Lucky I had a disposible camera with me. As soon as I came out of my car to see if they were okay.. I told him he shouldn't have come out like that. His reply to me was that I was going too fast.. As soon as I heard that I went to the glove and pulled out the camera and started clicking. Its sad that people would go around causing accidents with a UNBORN CHILD! I would hope people aren't really like that.

kratz74: Thanks for the info on not giving a recorded statement. Could you explain why not though?

ZuM