General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

who has the MAXIMA OF THE MONTH this month???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 01:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'd really like to know some things about the car and see some more pictures of it.. it is so nice looking and a lot of the modifications on it I'd like to find out how they are done so that I can do similar mods???
Old 08-04-2001, 04:18 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler
I'd really like to know some things about the car and see some more pictures of it.. it is so nice looking and a lot of the modifications on it I'd like to find out how they are done so that I can do similar mods???
Thats Ming. I had a chance to check his car out at Maxus. he did a lot of work under the hood. Cheston posted a bunch of pics (some with the monster tach).
Old 08-04-2001, 09:06 PM

Ming doesn't check here much. He's a friend of mine and local to me. You don't want to know how much stuff like that costs, so much of it was custom work performed by himself and friends. I can check to see if I can give you his email, I don't know if he wants it public or not.

Old 08-04-2001, 11:31 PM

hey jay-x where are the pics? and shadow... I am really just curious about the front grill and what he did to it?? other stuff too.. but if he is cool with giving me his email i'll try not to bother him too much..
Old 08-04-2001, 11:39 PM

Well, I can tell you about his front grill. He basically just cut away the black plastic bars in the grill and used a custom metal mesh behind it. It's not like mesh, it's metal with slits cut into it. I don't even know where he found the material from.

hey jay-x where are the pics? and shadow... I am really just curious about the front grill and what he did to it?? other stuff too.. but if he is cool with giving me his email i'll try not to bother him too much..
Old 08-04-2001, 11:41 PM

he cut away the plastic in there, did he paint where he cut or was it un-noticable?? i have "gutter mesh" behind everything in the front end now..
Old 08-05-2001, 01:10 PM
MAC

yo what up people

the grill slots was cut, then repainted.

the mesh material was bought from a rock grading supply company in florida.
It was cut to fit, then chrome plated.

Hey Jeff, thanks for answering all those questions.
I should hire you as my agent! show me da money! haha

Hell, you'll be kicking my **** soon w/ all your projects.
I'm gonna take it easy for a while.