General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Friend Totaled my max...its gone

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 06:46 AM

I was with 4 friends last night coming back from this girls house, and i let my oldest friend drive, he is 23, and has a good experience driving. Anyways he was pushing the car, and I told him to slow the **** down and he hit a turn too hard and we hit some fences and flipped about 1 and a half times. Everyone luckily had their seatbelts on and was okay. Im encouraging everyone to wear their seatbelt and please be careful on the road. I messed my arm and my eye and cheekbone up really bad, but it could have been worse if i wasnt strapped.

It was nice posting on this board with you guys and im sure ill still be around, i just dont know when ill have a new car.
Old 08-07-2001, 06:54 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by cRedrum
I was with 4 friends last night coming back from this girls house, and i let my oldest friend drive, he is 23, and has a good experience driving. Anyways he was pushing the car, and I told him to slow the **** down and he hit a turn too hard and we hit some fences and flipped about 1 and a half times. Everyone luckily had their seatbelts on and was okay. Im encouraging everyone to wear their seatbelt and please be careful on the road. I messed my arm and my eye and cheekbone up really bad, but it could have been worse if i wasnt strapped.

It was nice posting on this board with you guys and im sure ill still be around, i just dont know when ill have a new car.

damn.......

sorry man..

are you selling anything off the car?

if so please let me know..

IM me and you can tell me more a bout it..

what time last night?

i passed through around 9 pm or so..
Old 08-07-2001, 06:55 AM

Damn dude, sorry to hear it. I thought I was ****ed when I let a neighbor borrow my car and he got a nail in the tire.
Old 08-07-2001, 06:56 AM

I'm truly finding it sad the number of people having accidents lately. EVERYONE, as cRedrum said, PLEASE be careful.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Godamn, Well it's official... with everyone having accidents I'm never leaving my house! I'm sorry to hear about that credrum, but at least everyone is ok...

damn...
Old 08-07-2001, 07:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That's terrible man... don't let your friendship get in the way of who's at fault here. I don't know exactly how the insurance works, but make sure you don't take the hit for this if possible. Bottom line though, everyone's okay, thank God. You'll live to mod another day.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:12 AM

You aught to sue your friend for the money and your damages for being stupid. All of these accidents are crazy.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:54 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that his insurance covers everything ok. Let us know what you end up getting.
Feel better dude.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:57 AM

Man i cant handle this i dont even want to think about the crash i was so scared. I am traveling down to florida to visit my relatives and my face is ****ed up. Ive never been so upset in my life, i could have died.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:57 AM

dang !

thats too bad, I'm sorry bro.. your car was perfect too...

I feel bad asking, but if your selling anything, let me know...
Old 08-07-2001, 08:00 AM

Originally posted by deezo

You aught to sue your friend for the money and your damages for being stupid. All of these accidents are crazy.

SUE!!! SUE!!!!!! SUE!!!!

SUE HIS FAMILY TOO! AND ALL HIS FRIENDS!!

SUE EVERYONE!!

Old 08-07-2001, 08:05 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

damn...sorry to hear that...

if that was my friend and he walked away unharmed...he would be hurting when i was finished with him...that's just ****ed up...i drove my buddies cobra one time and i pushed it a lil bit here and there (he was with me) but i had respect for my friend and his car to not go nuts...
Old 08-07-2001, 08:07 AM

Originally posted by Chris91SE
damn...sorry to hear that...

if that was my friend and he walked away unharmed...he would be hurting when i was finished with him...that's just ****ed up...i drove my buddies cobra one time and i pushed it a lil bit here and there (he was with me) but i had respect for my friend and his car to not go nuts...
Well i mean he wasnt going crazy. He thought he was a great driver when it comes to going fast. But this is my good friend here, and everything will be alright. you dont just sue somebody like that.
Old 08-07-2001, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by MaineI30

SUE!!! SUE!!!!!! SUE!!!!

SUE HIS FAMILY TOO! AND ALL HIS FRIENDS!!

SUE EVERYONE!!

That's right! His friend was driving and he or his family is liable for all damages.

cRedrum, your Maxuma days may not be over yet. Get things going as soon as you feel better. I know your parents were ****ed.
Old 08-07-2001, 08:10 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by redmaxpa007

damn.......

sorry man..

are you selling anything off the car?

if so please let me know..

IM me and you can tell me more a bout it..

what time last night?

i passed through around 9 pm or so..
did you miss that posted the same thing earlier?
Old 08-07-2001, 08:10 AM
Administrator

sorry to hear..

i will take the cat back
Old 08-07-2001, 08:16 AM

Well i mean he wasnt going crazy. He thought he was a great driver when it comes to going fast. But this is my good friend here, and everything will be alright. you dont just sue somebody like that.
True, friendship is important but responibility is more important. You should not be left to handle this on your own. By right, you shouldn't even have to ask him to repair the car, he should offer himself.
Old 08-07-2001, 08:16 AM
maximaR

Damn Damn Damn , that is a shame. It seems weird that everyone is getting hit lately. Maybe people are aiming for us? anyways, i hope your friend is going to cover all the damages, especially since you were telling him to slow down ,and he didnt. If he wont pay up, you should sue, dont let your being buddies cost you all that dough and your max.But if he really doesnt wanna pay , set his house on fire.

Old 08-07-2001, 08:31 AM

Dam,, sorry to hear that. Is your face messed up a lot or are you just saying that?

I hope your friend has insurance to cover this man. If he doesnt, he should buy you another car out of his pocket. My friend once totaled my car on the highway too, but it was a 88 Integra with 130,000 miles so I was just glad he didnt die, but your Max is a different story!!!
Old 08-07-2001, 08:45 AM

That's right! His friend was driving and he or his family is liable for all damages.
That's what insurance is for. Why would you sue someone? It's ridiculous.

Damn this country has turned into a bunch of litigation-happy people, hasn't it. And so many people claim to hate lawyers. Ridiculous.
Old 08-07-2001, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by MaineI30

That's what insurance is for. Why would you sue someone? It's ridiculous.

Damn this country has turned into a bunch of litigation-happy people, hasn't it. And so many people claim to hate lawyers. Ridiculous.
I would say sue if your friend refused to give you money for damages you will have to come out of your pocket for. There is a such thing called a deductable and his friend should be paying for it. He told his friend to slow down and his friend didn't listen. He is liable for the all damages to everyone that was hurt in the car.

And nobody is screaming "SUE". Please, so kill that noise.
Old 08-07-2001, 09:26 AM

I am sorry to here this cRedrum, I hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-07-2001, 09:27 AM

i dont mean to sound like a d#ck but i dont think insurance will pay for this man. they will prob just be like "your friend should not have been driving the car." also, i have to drive my drunk friends jeep sometimes when they ask me too. if i ever got into an accident he could sue ME?? wtf....im not driving anyones car then.....later.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by riggy
i dont mean to sound like a d#ck but i dont think insurance will pay for this man. they will prob just be like "your friend should not have been driving the car." also, i have to drive my drunk friends jeep sometimes when they ask me too. if i ever got into an accident he could sue ME?? wtf....im not driving anyones car then.....later.

Most comp/collision policies allow you to lend someone else the car.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:06 AM

I would say sue if your friend refused to give you money for damages you will have to come out of your pocket for. There is a such thing called a deductable and his friend should be paying for it. He told his friend to slow down and his friend didn't listen. He is liable for the all damages to everyone that was hurt in the car.

And nobody is screaming "SUE". Please, so kill that noise.

You are screaming "sue." Why sue? That's exactly why we buy insurance policies. To cover accidents like this. Yes, absolutely, his friend should pay the deductible. In fact, if possible, one should seek coverage from the FRIEND'S insurance FIRST. Then his own.

But suing someone?? WHY?? Too many sue-happies in this world.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:08 AM

I agree with MaineI30... don't go out of hand. It is your friend's fault, and he should accept full responsibility, financial and otherwise. If he does this, there's no reason to rake him over the coals any further.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:34 AM

i woulnd' tmind sueing my bro's friend for almost totalling his lude, but it's my bro's car and his choice, although my mom paid for the car and insurance. his friend dind't even pay for the deductables, and his friend also broke my torque wrench.. man you dont' torque wheels at 80foot pounds when the darn thing only maxes out at 80ft pounds, i got it to torque lil things.... grrr... i dont' liek the person all that much, nor do i like his brother... sueing is bad.. i don't like it, but when ppl be stubborn and disrespectful, i think it's neccary.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:43 AM

Glad to hear you were all smart enough to wear belts. So many idiots aren't.

So when do you want to trade dash trim?
Old 08-07-2001, 11:01 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

damn..

This ****in SUCKS! Everyone, drive carefully, car is just for transportation, if you want to go fast hit the track, or at least understand you are not driving a Nascar automobile, it was not made for certain kind of driving.
It's good you were wearing seatbelts.. After hearing about all these accidents around me, people getting hurt really bad and even dying I make everyone wear a seatbelt in my car now. I always used to wear it when I had my Max, but I'll be honest I didn't nag my passangers that much about it.. Now, **** that, if u want to ride with me, strap on...
Let this be the last accident we have in the Maxima.org community... Credrum, I hope everything turns out good, it's not the end of the world, cars can be replaced, people can't....
Old 08-07-2001, 11:12 AM

oh man. good luck getting better and I hope you figure something out...I feel horrible.

Why IS everyone messing up their car lately?! I am afraid to go out!
Old 08-07-2001, 02:22 PM

Man that really sucks, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm starting to get paranoid driving again... especially here in San Antonio, the idiot driver capitol of the world. I've already gone through one Maxima, I don't need to go through another. These 5-speeds are becoming hard to find. cRedrum, hope we see you in a new Maxima soon... maybe one with a 6-speed.
Old 08-07-2001, 02:33 PM

That's why I never let anyone drive me car, regardless of how much i trust them. No one cares about your car more than you do. This is a perfect example. You should kick his ***.
Old 08-07-2001, 02:34 PM

Originally posted by NickStam
No one cares about your car more than you do.

I SOOO totally agree with you. It's why having someone else work on your car can be such a frustrating experience

Old 08-07-2001, 02:36 PM

You should kick his ***.
True.
Old 08-07-2001, 02:46 PM
Kevlo for President

That's why I never let anyone drive me car, regardless of how much i trust them. No one cares about your car more than you do. This is a perfect example. You should kick his ***.

ya that is so true. Also sorry to hear what happened. Glad everyone is ok.
Old 08-07-2001, 02:48 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Originally posted by Ants97SE
Man that really sucks, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm starting to get paranoid driving again... especially here in San Antonio, the idiot driver capitol of the world. I've already gone through one Maxima, I don't need to go through another. These 5-speeds are becoming hard to find. cRedrum, hope we see you in a new Maxima soon... maybe one with a 6-speed.
I regret to hear that you lost your Max. I agree with you, a good friend is a good friend, we all tend to let friends do/get away with things that others can't. Some to a larger degree. But a true friend would not put his boy out and not take responsibility for his own misjudgment. If he is your boy, I am sure he will do the right thing. Hopefully insurance will give you enought money to put down on a new 6speed in about 6 months.(yes, insurance will take at least that long) In the mean time he should be your personal b!tch !! LOL Keep it real and don't let simple misjudgment strain a good friendship too much. (If the "boy" does not own up to it, you have no other choice but to persue legal recourse to recoup your losses. You don't have to sue his pants off, just get your money.)
Old 08-07-2001, 02:52 PM

Im sorry to hear about your loss.

Im glad your ok though.

And seatbelts do save.
Old 08-07-2001, 02:57 PM
pjalst

got any pics of the carnage?

Old 08-07-2001, 03:17 PM

My parents, girlfriend, and friends think i'm an *** for not letting everyone drive my car. But if I ruin it, it's my fault and I can't blame everyone else. I know it's just a car, but it's also my hobby. so it's not just a car.
Old 08-07-2001, 04:26 PM

sorry to hear about it man. but dont let your own insurance pay for it.. let his insurance pay for it. and about the kickin a$$ and the sueing.. lets not take it that far if hes a good friend..

Quick Reply: Friend Totaled my max...its gone