General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Friend Totaled my max...its gone

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 05:46 PM
My 4DSC

Originally posted by MaineI30

SUE!!! SUE!!!!!! SUE!!!!

SUE HIS FAMILY TOO! AND ALL HIS FRIENDS!!

SUE EVERYONE!!

ADAM'S FLAME-O-THE-DAY:

Damn bro...
Do you do a search for the word "sue" every day?
It seems like everytime someone mentions it you gotta bash them.
What is SOOOOO wrong with getting compensated for ANOTHER PERSON'S WRONGDOINGS?
We all know you own home in Tahiti, 3 yachts & one of those expensive maxima's...but just cuz your so wealthy doesn't mean you have to rub it in to us poor folk.
YOU may not need to sue...but ease up on the poor folk.
The court systems are there to be used.

Have a great nite!

Old 08-07-2001, 09:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ugh

Originally posted by My 4DSC

ADAM'S FLAME-O-THE-DAY:

Damn bro...
Do you do a search for the word "sue" every day?
It seems like everytime someone mentions it you gotta bash them.
What is SOOOOO wrong with getting compensated for ANOTHER PERSON'S WRONGDOINGS?
We all know you own home in Tahiti, 3 yachts & one of those expensive maxima's...but just cuz your so wealthy doesn't mean you have to rub it in to us poor folk.
YOU may not need to sue...but ease up on the poor folk.
The court systems are there to be used.

Have a great nite!

First of all, I really wish I had a yacht. Can you hook me up? Dude who are you kidding, you aren't exactly at the bottom of the economic ladder. You talk about yourself as "poor." You're not poor. Believe me, I know what poor is and you're not it.

Now, ignoring the issue AT HAND and exploring the underlying reason for my comment, let's put it this way: I'm up-to-my-nose pist off at a bunch of Americans who feel entitled to sue someone ELSE every time THEY do something stupid. It's like we don't want to think for ourselves anymore. We expect everything -- common sense even -- to be spoon-fed to us. Suing is often a sign that one believes someone ELSE should have been taking care of them. Newsflash: it's YOUR job to take care of YOURSELF. If someone really really screws up, they need to be held responsible. But most of our responsibility for our own social and economic wholeness is our own, and few these days seem willing to accept that.

The most recent generation of Americans have proven yet again that we can lower the bar for intellectual independence in this culture. We've built a culture where people feel entitled to a certain kind of life, a certain lack of worry, a certain lack of work. When we see others who have things we do not, we too often feel we've been somewhat cheated.

Robert Samuelson used the term "prisoners of entitlement" to describe how countless millions of Americans are feeling somehow deprived of something they deserved. He blamed the modern post-depression government boom that invented things like social security, insured bank deposits, and massive economic relief efforts orchestrated by a newly expanded State.

I see this expanding into the private sector as well. We feel other individuals, other companies, and our favorite - the government - should be responsible for our health, well-being, and common sense. Often when individuals (especially wealthy, educated, professionals) make mistakes, even well-intentioned ones, predatory people who are not as fortunate decide that their way of getting what they think they're entitled to is to take some of their money away through a frivolous lawsuit.

I've been sued, have you? Do you know what it's like?

Many of the "have nots" are going after the "haves" and just because it's easy. Hey, if someone is grossly negligent, they should be held responsible. But if they did their best, made reasonable decisions at the time, I think suing someone is a corrupt and evil thing to do. I also think someone who brings a lawsuit and LOSES should pay both sides' expenses.

Great doctors with staggering levels of integrity get sued by people who ate cheesecake every night for 60 years, then die of coronary artery disease.

Great companies get sued all the time by individuals who make asinine, irresponsible decisions and who feel that it was the company's job to think FOR them. (CAUTION: DO NOT IRON CLOTHES WHILE BEING WORN; CAUTION: COFFEE IS HOT)

How about people who don't bother to buckle their kids into a safety seat .. they just toss their two year old boy in the back seat, loose. Then one of their tires blows. The car flips and the kid ends up dead in the passing lane of a freeway. Does it suck? You're goddam right it sucks. Is it the tire company's fault? I freaking doubt it. Did you know that every single person who died in a Firestone-related crash was not wearing their seat belt? But most people missed that little tidbit, didn't they?

Dow Corning was forced into BANKRUPTCY after mass public hysteria suggested that that their silicone breast implants caused cancer. Every single scientific study ever done to date has proven this to be utterly false. Yet every litigation lawyer for a million miles jumped on that bandwagon, and the company paid billions of dollars to cancer sufferers who claimed it was the fault of the implants. A complete lie and a bunch of vultures cost a great company and a lot of shareholders a huge piece of their lives.

There is something terribly wrong in this country, and no one really seems to give a crap.

Millions of American pigs line up at the trough of government and corporate America, with very little shame. It is morally reprehensible and I really hope we turn it around.

But anyway, I suppose until one has built things that really ended up having value in the world, then had people line up to take stuff away from you, it's hard to have that perspective.
Old 08-07-2001, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Anthony.. thats too ****ing long to read.. anyway.. is the catback for sale? i am still interested
Old 08-07-2001, 09:32 PM

PM each other please, it has nothing to do with the totalled Maxima. (And yes I do realise that it started because of the 'Sue Him' comment).
Old 08-07-2001, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic
PM each other please, it has nothing to do with the totalled Maxima. (And yes I do realise that it started because of the 'Sue Him' comment).
Here come the Thread Police...

Old 08-07-2001, 09:41 PM

Bill isn't here right now, so why not? Seriously, I'm not disagreeing with you.
Old 08-07-2001, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Bill isn't here right now, so why not? Seriously, I'm not disagreeing with you.
someone is lobbying for moderator
Old 08-07-2001, 09:47 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Oh man, that sucks. IF you have anything for sale let me know. I'm definetly not letting anyone drive my car anymore at all. It's my baby and it's staying with me, **** everyone else. This sucks so bad. I can't believe he flipped it, were you lowered?
Old 08-07-2001, 09:56 PM

Wow, everybody here is like a freaking vulture. cRedrum gets into an accident, almost gets killed, totals his car and all anyone cares about are his parts. Let him get himself straight first before trying to get a deal on parts.
It's like the concern was an afterthought. "I'm sorry about your car. BTW, want to sell me your exhaust for dirt cheap?" That is so sad.
Old 08-07-2001, 09:59 PM

Exactly my issue with this. The poor guy ends up losing his car and everyone wants a part of it. Its happenning to everyone that is getting into an accident.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:02 PM
Administrator

HEY! its not going to bring his maxima back.. time to look forward.. i have totalled.. hmm let me see..

89 Saab 9000 Turbo
95 Geo Prism
95 Maxima

after a while you get use to it.. now.. lets get back to business.. how much you want for that catback
Old 08-07-2001, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
HEY! its not going to bring his maxima back.. time to look forward.. i have totalled.. hmm let me see..

89 Saab 9000 Turbo
95 Geo Prism
95 Maxima

after a while you get use to it.. now.. lets get back to business.. how much you want for that catback
Someone can't drive.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Someone can't drive.
its called driving in Jamaica for 5 years and now living with American Drivers who like to let go of the steering wheel when they panic

Saab - i was 16 .. ran into a pole because i was looking behind me and the road curved...

Geo - car was bought totalled.. went to get a dent out the bumper from a fender bender and the body shop said the frame was bent and damaged and they would be liable if they just fixed the bumper

95 Max - well lets leave this one alone the NE crew knows.. the old school NE crew
Old 08-07-2001, 10:23 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

yes this sucks and we all feel bad, but i think we are becoming desensitized to it because it's happened so many times lately. if you want the parts you gotta call them early or lose you chance. it's mean but we all feel bad and want to help them out financially by buying the parts too.
Old 08-08-2001, 05:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

MaineI30, I know you don't know me well but do you think I would throw the word "sue" around just because all poor people should make a fast buck or just because I think if cRedrum's friend doesn't take care of his reponsiblity, this is the route cRedrum should go?
But if it was my best friend, he would be paying for the damages that I would have to come out of my pocket for. I am sorry you have a bad taste in your mouth because you have been sued but like I said before, cRedrum should not even have to go to his friend for compensation. His friend should own up(if he hasn't) and offer whatever it takes to get the car repaired. That's what best friends do.

Oh yeah, and I do agree with you totally on the essay you just wrote. My father was being sued by his own father at one time but there are some honest people out there fighting for what's right though.

Sorry cRedrum.
Old 08-08-2001, 05:37 AM

Re: ugh

Great doctors with staggering levels of integrity get sued by people who ate cheesecake every night for 60 years, then die of coronary artery disease.
Yes, our litigous obsession has gotten out of hand when the living are being sued from beyond the grave.
Old 08-08-2001, 05:58 AM

www.politicalmonkey.com

Hey look, its even Anthony's site. Take it over there.
Old 08-08-2001, 06:18 AM

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their support. Its another day later, my face is still ****ed, and i went to see the car. It is trashed. You look at the car, and you think everyone died. Seriously. all the windows broken in, the rims all bent up, the catback is all bent up (sprintmax), my door side is crushed into the fullest. I went to see it and i almost broke down in tears. I have no idea how close i was to dying. And for my friend, I have thought about this long and hard, and he put me and my 3 other friends lives in danger. He jeprodized our lives (spelling). My Mom was so happy to see me the morning after the wreck, she had thought something happened to me since i didnt come home, and i was laying in a hospital bed. Well im ready to put this all behind me and start looking for a new car. Anyone know a 97-99 maxima 5 speed with black leather, and black interior, loaded, for sale ???
Old 08-08-2001, 06:39 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by cRedrum
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their support. Its another day later, my face is still ****ed, and i went to see the car. It is trashed. You look at the car, and you think everyone died. Seriously. all the windows broken in, the rims all bent up, the catback is all bent up (sprintmax), my door side is crushed into the fullest. I went to see it and i almost broke down in tears. I have no idea how close i was to dying. And for my friend, I have thought about this long and hard, and he put me and my 3 other friends lives in danger. He jeprodized our lives (spelling). My Mom was so happy to see me the morning after the wreck, she had thought something happened to me since i didnt come home, and i was laying in a hospital bed. Well im ready to put this all behind me and start looking for a new car. Anyone know a 97-99 maxima 5 speed with black leather, and black interior, loaded, for sale ???

props to ya man...

i bet it was hard to see the car and remember that night...

is any of the car savageable?
tires/rims?
intake...etc?
i will e-mail you or AIM you...
Old 08-08-2001, 07:10 AM
Administrator

well just hope you can forgive your friend.. i am sure he is going through a tuff time now also.. he should feel 10 times worse.. apart from you loosing your car.. He lost your car.. and he could have nearly killed 3 other friends.. i am sure his parents are letting him have it too..

just remember to forgive in the long run.. car isn't worth true friendship.. if thats what you guys really had in the begining..

and suing someone isn't going to solve anything.. let the insurance take care of stuff..
Old 08-08-2001, 07:11 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by SprintMax
well just hope you can forgive your friend.. i am sure he is going through a tuff time now also.. he should feel 10 times worse.. apart from you loosing your car.. He lost your car.. and he could have nearly killed 3 other friends.. i am sure his parents are letting him have it too..

just remember to forgive in the long run.. car isn't worth true friendship.. if thats what you guys really had in the begining..

and suing someone isn't going to solve anything.. let the insurance take care of stuff..

true...true...
Old 08-08-2001, 07:19 AM

Wow, that was a nice post Sprint, its now being saved in my favorites list. You DO have a heart, I think.
Old 08-08-2001, 07:24 AM

Originally posted by deezo
MaineI30, I know you don't know me well but do you think I would throw the word "sue" around just because all poor people should make a fast buck or just because I think if cRedrum's friend doesn't take care of his reponsiblity, this is the route cRedrum should go?
He should collect from his own insurance company and let them collect from the jerk who shirks his own responsibility (if he does). The guy (i expect he will) should be a gentleman and do the right thing. If he doesn't, the insurance company is likely to compel him to do so without a lawsuit.

Originally posted by deezo
But if it was my best friend, he would be paying for the damages that I would have to come out of my pocket for. I am sorry you have a bad taste in your mouth because you have been sued but like I said before, cRedrum should not even have to go to his friend for compensation. His friend should own up(if he hasn't) and offer whatever it takes to get the car repaired. That's what best friends do.

Oh yeah, and I do agree with you totally on the essay you just wrote. My father was being sued by his own father at one time but there are some honest people out there fighting for what's right though.

Sorry cRedrum.
And I agree with you. Yes, there are some people fighting for what's right. But the number of frivolous "I'm entitled to something" lawsuits in this country is DISGUSTING.
Old 08-08-2001, 07:26 AM

www.politicalmonkey.com
Old 08-08-2001, 07:27 AM

Re: Re: ugh22

Originally posted by Maxwell

Yes, our litigous obsession has gotten out of hand when the living are being sued from beyond the grave.

Bizarre, isn't it??

Perhaps I shoulda said "families"

Old 08-08-2001, 07:28 AM

www.politicalmonkey.com
There they are again!!

Old 08-08-2001, 07:45 AM

He should collect from his own insurance company and let them collect from the jerk who shirks his own responsibility (if he does). The guy (i expect he will) should be a gentleman and do the right thing. If he doesn't, the insurance company is likely to compel him to do so without a lawsuit.
You are right again. I forgot about my accident last year when the other person lied to my insurance company about his fault in the matter. My insurance did go after him.
Old 08-08-2001, 08:21 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by Murphy_TX_Mike

You are lucky the gun that your were carrying didn't go off and kill somebody. After all you were "strapped".

Mike

funny funny guy..
Old 08-08-2001, 08:23 AM

i meant seatbelt strapped. Anyways i gotta get ahold don and cancel my valvebody...if there is anyway to get ahold of him.
Old 08-08-2001, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by cRedrum
i meant seatbelt strapped. Anyways i gotta get ahold don and cancel my valvebody...if there is anyway to get ahold of him.
Go to his website of just do a search on his name and email him.
Old 08-08-2001, 12:31 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Dude- I feel your pain.
Old 08-08-2001, 07:29 PM

Man I feel for you Credrum, I hope you and your friends get better soon. Lately there seem to be chain reaction with accidents in our family, yes we are a family. I send my regards to all those people. I thought my minor fender bender with a fellow member was bad, boy, it's nothing compared to some of the stuff that you guys are going through.
Old 08-08-2001, 11:30 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Re: ugh

First of all, I really wish I had a yacht. Can you hook me up? Dude who are you kidding, you aren't exactly at the bottom of the economic ladder. You talk about yourself as "poor." You're not poor. Believe me, I know what poor is and you're not it.

Now, ignoring the issue AT HAND and exploring the underlying reason for my comment, let's put it this way: I'm up-to-my-nose pist off at a bunch of Americans who feel entitled to sue someone ELSE every time THEY do something stupid. It's like we don't want to think for ourselves anymore. We expect everything -- common sense even -- to be spoon-fed to us. Suing is often a sign that one believes someone ELSE should have been taking care of them. Newsflash: it's YOUR job to take care of YOURSELF. If someone really really screws up, they need to be held responsible. But most of our responsibility for our own social and economic wholeness is our own, and few these days seem willing to accept that.

The most recent generation of Americans have proven yet again that we can lower the bar for intellectual independence in this culture. We've built a culture where people feel entitled to a certain kind of life, a certain lack of worry, a certain lack of work. When we see others who have things we do not, we too often feel we've been somewhat cheated.

Robert Samuelson used the term "prisoners of entitlement" to describe how countless millions of Americans are feeling somehow deprived of something they deserved. He blamed the modern post-depression government boom that invented things like social security, insured bank deposits, and massive economic relief efforts orchestrated by a newly expanded State.

I see this expanding into the private sector as well. We feel other individuals, other companies, and our favorite - the government - should be responsible for our health, well-being, and common sense. Often when individuals (especially wealthy, educated, professionals) make mistakes, even well-intentioned ones, predatory people who are not as fortunate decide that their way of getting what they think they're entitled to is to take some of their money away through a frivolous lawsuit.

I've been sued, have you? Do you know what it's like?

Many of the "have nots" are going after the "haves" and just because it's easy. Hey, if someone is grossly negligent, they should be held responsible. But if they did their best, made reasonable decisions at the time, I think suing someone is a corrupt and evil thing to do. I also think someone who brings a lawsuit and LOSES should pay both sides' expenses.

Great companies get sued all the time by individuals who make asinine, irresponsible decisions and who feel that it was the company's job to think FOR them. (CAUTION: DO NOT IRON CLOTHES WHILE BEING WORN; CAUTION: COFFEE IS HOT)

How about people who don't bother to buckle their kids into a safety seat .. they just toss their two year old boy in the back seat, loose. Then one of their tires blows. The car flips and the kid ends up dead in the passing lane of a freeway. Does it suck? You're goddam right it sucks. Is it the tire company's fault? I freaking doubt it. Did you know that every single person who died in a Firestone-related crash was not wearing their seat belt? But most people missed that little tidbit, didn't they?

Dow Corning was forced into BANKRUPTCY after mass public hysteria suggested that that their silicone breast implants caused cancer. Every single scientific study ever done to date has proven this to be utterly false. Yet every litigation lawyer for a million miles jumped on that bandwagon, and the company paid billions of dollars to cancer sufferers who claimed it was the fault of the implants. A complete lie and a bunch of vultures cost a great company and a lot of shareholders a huge piece of their lives.

There is something terribly wrong in this country, and no one really seems to give a crap.

Millions of American pigs line up at the trough of government and corporate America, with very little shame. It is morally reprehensible and I really hope we turn it around.

But anyway, I suppose until one has built things that really ended up having value in the world, then had people line up to take stuff away from you, it's hard to have that perspective.

Sorry about quoting all of this, but straight up dude... right on. I have not heard it but so well in a long time. One thing though, you forgot the tabacco suit. The people who choose to smoke but sue the people who made the cigs. But again, WORD. That was real.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:02 AM

Re: Re: ugh

Originally posted by Rob'sAE

Sorry about quoting all of this, but straight up dude... right on. I have not heard it but so well in a long time. One thing though, you forgot the tabacco suit. The people who choose to smoke but sue the people who made the cigs. But again, WORD. That was real.

Hey thanks man. I do my best. Good point on the tobacco suit. Same deal. It's abhorrent. It was also nice to hear that the other day in California the people suing gunmakers lost. Yayy.

Move to OT, anyone? Anyone??

Old 08-09-2001, 09:29 AM
Former Sponsor

I'm sorry to hear about it... but yea letting friends drive is a big problem... a good driver isnt necesarily a fast driver... when i drive my friends cars.. i NEVER push them... whether its a Civic or a Ferrari F355... its not my car...
sure maybe dont let it mess up your friendship.. but that frind betta bust his *** tryin to help you out.. i know i would if i crashed my friends car...

haha friends driving my car? another reason I got a 5spd wahahaha : less peeps know how to drive it