General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Some questions to people with neon tubes...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 07:52 PM

Where did you put them? How did you wire them? What did you wire them to (headlights, radio, alarm, etc)? I am looking to get to neon tubes for the driver and passenger footwells, and I know that they come with the 12 volt power connector, but I want to wire them to something...maybe a switch? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2001, 08:07 PM

Did Someone Say Neon

You can Wire it to what ever ya want... You can even make it glow with the volume of your radio..! I sell ALL the Street Glow products. Let me know when you are ready to buy.

I have installed him in the Doors (Paper Holder) Wheel wells, Front bumper, I Even have done a Red bar under the rear of the car that was triggered by the Breaks. All you need is an imagination. I could put them in your Vents if ya want..! I have them in my headlights. The possibilities are endless..

Andre S.
Old 08-08-2001, 08:10 PM

Re: Did Someone Say Neon

Originally posted by MegaMax
You can Wire it to what ever ya want... You can even make it glow with the volume of your radio..! I sell ALL the Street Glow products. Let me know when you are ready to buy.

I have installed him in the Doors (Paper Holder) Wheel wells, Front bumper, I Even have done a Red bar under the rear of the car that was triggered by the Breaks. All you need is an imagination. I could put them in your Vents if ya want..! I have them in my headlights. The possibilities are endless..

Andre S.
Wow, how much for are the 10" and 15" tubes? Would like the straight colors be the best (red, blue, green) or the lava type work better in the foot wells? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2001, 08:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have two blacklights in my front footwells. I'm just a simple guy so I just wired them to a switch and got the power from the battery.

But I also have two smaller purple neons in the back that are wired to flash to the bass of the music when I turn them on.
Old 08-08-2001, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by clee130
I have two blacklights in my front footwells. I'm just a simple guy so I just wired them to a switch and got the power from the battery.

But I also have two smaller purple neons in the back that are wired to flash to the bass of the music when I turn them on.
You can get a simple switch at Radio Shack or something right?
Old 08-08-2001, 08:26 PM

I have 2 black lights up front and 1 neon blue in the back which blinks with the beat of the music. I also have hott wirez along the kickplates in the front and have them zig- zaged on the floormats in the back with clearmats to cover them. I have blue strobes in the front foot wells and full neon blue interior lights except the map lights. also ahve my grill glowing as you can see in my sig but I didnt use neon tubes for that.
Old 08-08-2001, 08:31 PM

Re: Re: Did Someone Say Neon

There is another thread about Neon...
are neon lights waterproof?

Originally posted by Greg's2kGLE

Wow, how much for are the 10" and 15" tubes? Would like the straight colors be the best (red, blue, green) or the lava type work better in the foot wells? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2001, 08:39 PM

Yeah, you can. But I went all out crazy and bought a switch that fit into my 4th gen perfectly. Cost me a pretty penny too... and I had to special order it.

But yes, a <$5 switch from Radio Shack would do just as fine.

Originally posted by Greg's2kGLE
You can get a simple switch at Radio Shack or something right?
Old 08-08-2001, 08:48 PM

Here is a pic of all my switches. you can also see one of the black lights and where I mountes it
Old 08-08-2001, 08:59 PM

Nismo, I was wondering if you could give me the full info on how you made your grill glow..and how much it costs. Also is it legal?

Thanks a lot.
Old 08-08-2001, 09:03 PM

Re: Did Someone Say Neon

hey do u have a website?

what does a progold series cost including shipping? .. white plz!

tkx!

btw .. why don't u set up a group deal? can u beat $155 shipped?

Andre S.
Old 08-08-2001, 09:37 PM

Re: Re: Did Someone Say Neon

Originally posted by ohboiya
hey do u have a website?

what does a progold series cost including shipping? .. white plz!

tkx!

btw .. why don't u set up a group deal? can u beat $155 shipped?

There's is a group deal going on now for $150 shipped from Greg at www.custommaxima.com and there's one more slot so you better jump on it. If I really wanted them I would get the white set, it would look real nice with my hyper whites.
Old 08-09-2001, 04:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Did Someone Say Neon

hey bud,

I think the consensus is that the Street Glow kit is much better .. it's $155 shipped on groupbuycenter.com ... i was wunderin' if our .org member could beat that!

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
There's is a group deal going on now for $150 shipped from Greg at www.custommaxima.com and there's one more slot so you better jump on it. If I really wanted them I would get the white set, it would look real nice with my hyper whites.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Did Someone Say Neon

I finally got cable modem access from home... As far as the $155.00 Shipped I will look into it over the weekend.

There is another thread about Neon...
are neon lights waterproof?

Old 08-09-2001, 08:32 PM

Neons

I have two neons in my front footwells, and one in my trunk right over the pass-through so it shines on my amps. I have a 4 way distribution block I use for my system but I was only using 3 slots. I just wired the 3 neons to a red lighted switch (Radio Shack $3) and got power from the 4th slot on my distribution block, where I through a 30 amp fuse in.

I chose not to have my neons visable at all so I mounted mine much further under the dash then Nismo did. I also have my switch mounted under the dash too.

Nismo: your hott wirez idea got me thinking. Where did you get them and where did you get the clear mats from? Do you have any pics? The hott wires on the floor is an interesting idea.
Old 08-10-2001, 01:10 AM

I havent taken pics of the back interior yet. Ill post some once I taken them. I cant seem to get the neon to show up at night so Ill just take day shots of them.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:15 AM

Re: Neons

The HottWires on the floor is an interesting idea, isn't it?

You can probably get the clear floor mats at at office supply store. Staples, Office Max, that kind of place.

Originally posted by DCmax
Nismo: your hott wirez idea got me thinking. Where did you get them and where did you get the clear mats from? Do you have any pics? The hott wires on the floor is an interesting idea.
Old 08-10-2001, 01:37 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Mine is triggered by the parking lights

Whenever the parking lights are on. The interior neons will be on. The neons/strobes in the trunk are triggered by the trunk light. When I open the trunk, they turn on. Shut the trunk, they turn off. I'm thinking about doing underbody neon to trigger by the dome light. So when I unlock the doors, the neons will be on. When I get in and turn the key on, the automatically shuts off. Maybe an over ride switch so I can drive with it on.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:25 PM

Re: Mine is triggered by the parking lights

We're all freaks.

I was thinking about putting mini-strobes in where the door lights are and hooking them up so that they turn on when you open the door.

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
Whenever the parking lights are on. The interior neons will be on. The neons/strobes in the trunk are triggered by the trunk light. When I open the trunk, they turn on. Shut the trunk, they turn off. I'm thinking about doing underbody neon to trigger by the dome light. So when I unlock the doors, the neons will be on. When I get in and turn the key on, the automatically shuts off. Maybe an over ride switch so I can drive with it on.