General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I just hit an 18-wheeler, and I need your help

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 08:02 PM

Guys, I was almost in tears when I saw the front of my Maxima. Nevermind my broken and unmovable left shoulder, my Max was like a knife twisting deep inside.

But there is good news. I love my car more than ever now! Why? Because today I start Project Max. I don't know about everyone else in here, but I am 17 and I get paid $6 bucks an hour and it may take a couple of months to finish the project.

I don't know the costs off all the parts. This is where I need your help. If you guys know a website that sells all Maxima parts I'd really appreciate that. If you don't, maybe you can help me out with one of the many below.

The cost of:

Cornering Light
Carbon Fiber Hood
Stock Hood
New Front Fender
Sarona Kit

You see, what I am gonna do is since my front is completely torn apart, instead of buying a whole new bumper, I'm gonna buy the Sarona kit. Other than pricing, will it be the same?

Thanks everyone, you never REALLY know how much you care about your Maxima until it hits you, or you hit it.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by Will Max
Guys, I was almost in tears when I saw the front of my Maxima. Nevermind my broken and unmovable left shoulder, my Max was like a knife twisting deep inside.

But there is good news. I love my car more than ever now! Why? Because today I start Project Max. I don't know about everyone else in here, but I am 17 and I get paid $6 bucks an hour and it may take a couple of months to finish the project.

I don't know the costs off all the parts. This is where I need your help. If you guys know a website that sells all Maxima parts I'd really appreciate that. If you don't, maybe you can help me out with one of the many below.

The cost of:

Cornering Light
Carbon Fiber Hood
Stock Hood
New Front Fender
Sarona Kit

You see, what I am gonna do is since my front is completely torn apart, instead of buying a whole new bumper, I'm gonna buy the Sarona kit. Other than pricing, will it be the same?

Thanks everyone, you never REALLY know how much you care about your Maxima until it hits you, or you hit it.
Sorry to hear about your accident. The cost of those parts will probably cost you a lot. A carbon fiber hood (if they make them) will be expensive. I don't know how much they cost, probably around $500. Good luck with everything though, and I hope your shoulder heals up.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:26 PM

didn't someone tell you that you had to lower your Maxima a LOT more before doing that F&F move?

Wow, sorry to hear about you and your car. Hope you're recovering quickly. I'll have to dig up the paperwork for the repairs I had done on my car. Among the things replaced were the right fender, and all the lights...the stock bumper cover was around $200...and I've got the foam insert that goes under the bumper cover in my garage if you want to buy it. The list is itemized w/ labor times estimated, so if I can find it I'll post it.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by The_quorum
didn't someone tell you that you had to lower your Maxima a LOT more before doing that F&F move?

Old 08-09-2001, 08:36 PM
Administrator

www.car-part.com
Old 08-09-2001, 08:37 PM

Thanks guys

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your concerns. I don't think I will need the foam insert because I am saving for the Sarona kit and I am guessing the foam comes with it. Thanks though, I'll post a pic of my car ASAP.
Old 08-09-2001, 11:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

OUCH!

Recover first dude... cars can be replaced, body parts can't...