General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Silvias, Skylines....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 07:18 AM
whhmax

Let me know if anyone out there can verify this. This guy may know what he's talking about, or he could be full it!

I was talking to a guy yesterday that lived, up until a few years ago, in the UK. After a long conversation about the Silvia, I asked him how someone here could possibly own one. Here is what he had to say:

It is possible to purchase one from a seller in the UK. After that, you could place it in storage for a minimum of six months. Once that time passes, the car is considered your personal property, therefore you can avoid custom laws on the importation of these vehicles. Then have it shipped over, for what he said was a pretty fair cost. Does this sound feasible? If it is, would you be able to drive it here?

Old 08-10-2001, 08:06 AM

i doubt it, what about people with ferrari? they can avoid alot tax and regulations, i dont think the government would allow it.
Old 08-10-2001, 08:32 AM
whhmax

Originally posted by LucentAUTO
i doubt it, what about people with ferrari? they can avoid alot tax and regulations, i dont think the government would allow it.
I would have to agree with you on that one. I would imagine if it did work like that many other people would have already done it.