General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

i30krab.. pickup your car today??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 07:56 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

i was just curious if you picked up your car today? i read your post awhile back, and your car sounds outstanding. just wanted to know your thoughts? hope it turned out as good as it sounded. thanks
Old 08-16-2001, 03:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by bags533
i was just curious if you picked up your car today? i read your post awhile back, and your car sounds outstanding. just wanted to know your thoughts? hope it turned out as good as it sounded. thanks
Well, here is the latest:
Yes, I was supposed to get my car today but now I have to wait until next thursday! I called Jim tuesday to double check on everything since I surely didn't want to fly to El Cajon and find out the car wasn't ready. He said that Clark was just making some final adjustments to the ecu and the car is just touching 10 lbs. of boost. Then I asked if the water injection was working ok and there was a silence on the phone and he said, oh oh I forgot about that. That is why I have to wait until next week. Luckily I was able to change my plane and hotel reservations without losing any money. I can't really complain because they are doing me a favor by just working on the car. They are extremely busy and usually they won't bother with nickle and dime projects like mine. Jim said they bill out $2000.00 per hour for their work on the big project cars.
I am disappointed but this is the reality of modifying cars.
The water injection will be hooked up just like a nitrous system. They will map a separate program for the sc and then more agressive timing for the sc and water injection. Jim said this should be interesting and I'll just have to wait until next week to find out!!