General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Parkingh lights won't come on, but signals still work....help

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 07:49 PM

Just got a pair of Diamond cut bumper lenses. Installed them today. About an hour ago, I found out that the Corner lights and side markers do not light up at all. The only time the side markers light is when Im signaling or push the hazard button. The side markers should light up with the corner lights when the headlights are on......whats going on? Im figuring it's probably a fuse issue, but no ones ever mentioned changing them for a diamond cut mod. I've looked on the little fuse Map Thingy but i don't see a listing for Corner/clearance lights...HELP!!!!!

P.S.- My signals are rewired, if that helps with the analysis.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:03 PM
Ford Only.

Check the wiring you might of pulled something...Other than that I cant help maybe the bulbs are no good.Or check the fuse it should be the same as the headlamps.Do you have tailights?
Old 08-17-2001, 08:13 PM

I just checked the tails, they don't light either unless im braking or signaling. Do you think this is a fuse thing? I mean everything appears to be in working order, but the "Park Light Function" of the whole car is out.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:22 PM
Ford Only.

It is starting to sound more like you burned out a fuse.I had one go out a while back and my dash,headlights,tails,and corners were all not working.Do your dash lights work? Check the fuse! It is probably the problem you can tell if it is bad by the little metal piece not being connected.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I blew a fuse a couple days ago and it made it so my corner lights and tail lights did not come on when the lights were on. I don't know why the fuse would blow when installing clear corners though. The fuse is in the car below and to the left of the steering wheel and I think its labeled Tail L. Its a 7.5. Check that and see if its your problem.
Old 08-17-2001, 09:34 PM

BINGO! Im back. The fuse WAS the issue. I checked that "tail lt" fuse like you said War and the little sucker was fried. It's night time over here in NC so I swapped it out with my radio fuse until I can get more in the morning (I came all the way to my sister crib to access her CPU and fix this prob, so I need lights to get back home) Thanks for the help "dmontzmax and WaarrEagle"!! I am soooo glad that I know what the deal is now. It's gets a little scary when your baby is sick and you don't know whats going on :]. One more question though, the fuse for the "Tail lt" is a 7.5, did you have to go higher to avoid another blow out WaarrEagle? or do you think the fact it decided to blow the SAME DAY I put in the diamond cuts is pure coincedence?
Old 08-18-2001, 07:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I was forced to replace it with a 10 because that was all I had at the time but I asked on here and 2 people said that you shouldn't upgrade the fuse. I guess Nissan probably knew what they were doing when they were deciding how much current should go through some wires. I am going to get a 7.5 to put back in there and see if it blows. I am concerned because my corner lights are brighter after I turned the bulb around and I put some washer lights on there. As to why it blew the same day your clear corners were put on I have no idea. Here is the link to my problem earlier in the week:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=58924