General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What happened to the super-duper Y-pipe deal??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 09:56 AM
I'm needing a caw

I wanted an answer to how that guy's stock Y pipe was gonna benefit turbo applications!!!

so make big claims and then delete the thread?
Old 08-24-2001, 10:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You probably scared the guy away.
Old 08-24-2001, 10:14 AM
I'm needing a caw

Me? How? I asked a very simple question. Easy to answer if he actually knew what the Y does and how it's built. If he really could not answer the question with intelligence, I really doubt you want him designing Y pipes for you/us.

And I guess this guy was all ready w/ all these new Y pipes for maximas, prototyped them and test fitted them. He I guess was ready do dyno. But in the last minute of frustration decided to pull out and not sell to us maxima onwers. How does that sound? I really makes me wonder how far along he was if he was ready to pull the plug so easy.

Originally posted by emax95
Old 08-24-2001, 10:29 AM

yeah i was wondering what happened to that. Sounded fake right from the get-go, although iwas wishing it was true =)
Old 08-24-2001, 10:51 AM

Yeah I don't think I'm his number one fan either.
After all my questions, he probably hates me...oh well.

When you make big claims, you better be willing to prove yourself, and so far he hasn't.
Old 08-24-2001, 01:16 PM

Did u guys c his post cancelling the deal?

It is Adam aka my4dsc ...
Old 08-24-2001, 01:40 PM
I'm needing a caw

What post? Searching my4dsc came up w/ nothing.

Originally posted by ohboiya
Did u guys c his post cancelling the deal?

It is Adam aka my4dsc ...
Old 08-24-2001, 01:50 PM

check the FS forum ... he has been posting as Infinite Auto ...
Old 08-24-2001, 09:01 PM

Is that him? I think he had the SC. He seemed respectable. Why question him now, even if he is posing as somebody else?
Old 08-24-2001, 10:05 PM
INFINITE AUTO

The ignorance in this thread is UNREAL.

Yes, InfiniteMotorworks & My4DSC are one in the same.
I explained in my first post as Infinite Motorworks that if you wanted the history of this EMAIL ME.
But some people don't understand that.
I did not want to come in here stepping on toes and naming names outside of email...you would know why if you took the time to email me and get the story.

I will answer all your questions/comments for one last time, then I'm out of here to conduct my business on eBay.
Unfortunately a few bad apples spoiled the bunch as the saying goes & now everyone will miss out the group deal pricing i was planning. Oh well.

Old 08-24-2001, 10:40 PM
INFINITE AUTO

Originally posted by Jeff92se
I wanted an answer to how that guy's stock Y pipe was gonna benefit turbo applications!!!

so make big claims and then delete the thread?
#1)
If simply stating that a y-pipe was available for turbo applications shot my credibility out the window, I guess Brian Catts has no credibility either because he states his 3" y-pipe is for turbo applications as well...check it out at:

http://www.cattman.com/y-pipes.shtml#pipes

I've fabricated turbo kits on inline 4 cylinder engines which is entirely different than a v6...
Now that I think about it, I would tend to think that when a single turbo is used on a v6 engine setup such as ours, you would probably just have a pipe connect BOTH manifold (stock and turbo) to each other and then just have a single downpipe, in which case it would not be beneficial to buy any y-pipe.

Then again, I think there are...what... 3 turbo maximas?
Which brings me to my next point...WHO GIVES A SHIET?

Let's chalk it up to a brain fart...
Or you can just continue to crucify me...
I could care less either way.

Old 08-24-2001, 10:49 PM
INFINITE AUTO

Originally posted by breaux124
Yeah I don't think I'm his number one fan either.
After all my questions, he probably hates me...oh well.

When you make big claims, you better be willing to prove yourself, and so far he hasn't.
Nobody gave me a chance to PROVE my claims...
My original post stated that SOON I would be marketing this y-pipe...
You didnt even give me a chance to show pictures...
let alone dyno sheets, which would STILL be challenged until someone neutral actually dyno'ed their car...
If you weren't so quick to jump on my case I wouldve been more than happy to explain myself, show pictures, etc...
It's all good though...

Old 08-24-2001, 10:55 PM
INFINITE AUTO

Originally posted by emax95
Scared me away....No.
Deprived the Maxima.org Community of a new vendor...Yes.
My product will now only be available directly through me & my upcoming website, or on eBay.

Old 08-24-2001, 11:00 PM
INFINITE AUTO

Me? How? I asked a very simple question. Easy to answer if he actually knew what the Y does and how it's built.[\quote]

No, actually that would require the knowledge of how a TURBO SYSTEM would be setup on a Maxima.

If he really could not answer the question with intelligence, I really doubt you want him designing Y pipes for you/us.
Did I say that I was the engineer responsible for doing the actual design/prototyping/building of the product?
Actually, I am in charge of SALES, not manufacturing.

And I guess this guy was all ready w/ all these new Y pipes for maximas, prototyped them and test fitted them. He I guess was ready do dyno. But in the last minute of frustration decided to pull out and not sell to us maxima onwers. How does that sound? I really makes me wonder how far along he was if he was ready to pull the plug so easy.
I never said that I wouldnt sell to Maxima owners...
I simply said I would not do a GROUP DEAL on Maxima.org...

You really need to learn how to read, my friend.
You have what is called "Tunnel Vision".

Old 08-24-2001, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by INFINITE AUTO

Scared me away....No.
Deprived the Maxima.org Community of a new vendor...Yes.
My product will now only be available directly through me & my upcoming website, or on eBay.
No disrespect intended to you Adam! I have always had a lot of respect for you and your car. Best of luck with your new bussiness dude.
Old 08-24-2001, 11:10 PM
INFINITE AUTO

Originally posted by mdeal
Is that him? I think he had the SC. He seemed respectable. Why question him now, even if he is posing as somebody else?
I added a username to be used solely for business purposes.
How is that "posing as somebody else".
Just goes to show that some people need to learn how to be civil to others...
Even if, god-forbid, they are labeled a "Lurker".

Old 08-24-2001, 11:13 PM
INFINITE AUTO

OK I think I replied to everyone...
Maybe a few things have been cleared up...maybe not...

Old 08-25-2001, 12:01 AM

Why even listen to jeff?..... he drives a 92.........
I dont feel like arguing though, im tired and i just watched 15 minutes and it ****ed me off! Who the hell kills robert dinero?!?!?!??!

Adam
Old 08-25-2001, 06:56 AM

Generally in a business you dont run off and cry to your mom. Now you are 'depriving us' of your product. Umm, we are the people who you depend on, who BUY your stuff who PAY your bills. Whenever someone comes in here with big claims, as you should know, everyone gets a bit skeptical. For good reason. Do we remember the headers? Yeah.
We all hope that you are going to sell a low cost, but very effective Y-Pipe. Finnish all you need to do, start making them, and tell us. If they kick ***, then your work speaks for itself. I dont see why you are getting all ****ed. Answer the questions that are asked, prove the people who doubt your wrong, and develop a low cost Y.
Old 08-25-2001, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by Nick Robinson
Generally in a business you dont run off and cry to your mom. Now you are 'depriving us' of your product. Umm, we are the people who you depend on, who BUY your stuff who PAY your bills. Whenever someone comes in here with big claims, as you should know, everyone gets a bit skeptical. For good reason. Do we remember the headers? Yeah.
We all hope that you are going to sell a low cost, but very effective Y-Pipe. Finnish all you need to do, start making them, and tell us. If they kick ***, then your work speaks for itself. I dont see why you are getting all ****ed. Answer the questions that are asked, prove the people who doubt your wrong, and develop a low cost Y.
Amen to that...
Old 08-25-2001, 01:28 PM
INFINITE AUTO

Originally posted by Nick Robinson
The ONLY reason that I got annoyed was because of the fact that I am NOT doing this for my own personal gain like most "businessmen"...I was doing it to help out our "community". I planned a markup of only about 10-15% over what I pay for the part...just to cover my time...
Of course that deal was going to be ONLY for the Maxima.org community whereas websales and ebay would be closer to regular retail price...but after hearing the reactions of some people, who didnt even give me the respect of an email to hear my story, I decided...Why should I bust my A$$ just to be harrassed & tormented? There REALLY is not much in this deal for me at all...And I could make a MUCH larger profit by marketing it elsewhere, which I still plan to do, besides selling to .org members.

I know some of you may still doubt my altruistic intentions and some may even think I'm naiive, but those who know me personally & KNOW THE STORY BEHIND THIS realize what's up.
And once I release the products, it will be CRYSTAL CLEAR.

I may reconsider a group deal on the .org in the future due to some very sincere emails I have received in the past day....but don't expect it tomorrow....

Old 08-25-2001, 04:32 PM

The ONLY reason that I got annoyed was because of the fact that I am NOT doing this for my own personal gain like most "businessmen"...I was doing it to help out our "community". I planned a markup of only about 10-15% over what I pay for the part...just to cover my time...
Of course that deal was going to be ONLY for the Maxima.org community whereas websales and ebay would be closer to regular retail price...but after hearing the reactions of some people, who didnt even give me the respect of an email to hear my story, I decided...Why should I bust my A$$ just to be harrassed & tormented? There REALLY is not much in this deal for me at all...And I could make a MUCH larger profit by marketing it elsewhere, which I still plan to do, besides selling to .org members.

I know some of you may still doubt my altruistic intentions and some may even think I'm naiive, but those who know me personally & KNOW THE STORY BEHIND THIS realize what's up.
And once I release the products, it will be CRYSTAL CLEAR.

I may reconsider a group deal on the .org in the future due to some very sincere emails I have received in the past day....but don't expect it tomorrow....
waddabout clubmaxima.com?

i'm prolly not gonna get the pipe since i'm not real performance oriented, but i'de like to say thanx for trying at the very least. i dont' see a point of me getting a y pipe since i plan to keep my stock set up, and once i go towards the performance side of teh spectrum, i'm not going to be able to use a y-pike even if i wanted to...
Old 08-25-2001, 05:48 PM
INFINITE AUTO

Old 08-25-2001, 07:16 PM

People were curious because it sounds too good to be true! We live in this cut throat world, so no one expects stuff at a FAIR price anymore, and thats what you say your going to do. People are baffeled!! Its no reason to run. Again prove 'em wrong, and actually do it man. I think it would be really good for the maxima community if you can actually pull it off.
Old 08-25-2001, 08:36 PM

Re: The ignorance in this thread is UNREAL.

You Have Mail...

(AOL Plug)

Yes, InfiniteMotorworks & My4DSC are one in the same.
I explained in my first post as Infinite Motorworks that if you wanted the history of this EMAIL ME.
But some people don't understand that.
I did not want to come in here stepping on toes and naming names outside of email...you would know why if you took the time to email me and get the story.

I will answer all your questions/comments for one last time, then I'm out of here to conduct my business on eBay.
Unfortunately a few bad apples spoiled the bunch as the saying goes & now everyone will miss out the group deal pricing i was planning. Oh well.
Old 08-27-2001, 10:29 AM
I'm needing a caw

Oh this thread is back.

Cattman's site does say "turbo applications", but that doesn't mean you should state it also for the reasons previously mentioned. Right? I suppose you agree w/ the statements given you didn't really dispute that a turbo application for a V6 maxima, would basicly be a 100% custom job. Yes, there are only a handfull of turbo maximas(at best) but that wasn't the question. And your first answer is questionable at best.

Maybe I was trying to descredit you to a point. But we have seen funny claims before. Sorry to offend.. but times have dictated that we all should be somewhat wary when a new name comes to town.

And Maxima2000, why would anyone listen to you? Your like 10 years old right? I doubt you know the difference between a VTC sprocket and bicycle sprocket.
Old 08-27-2001, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by 2000MaximaSE
Why even listen to jeff?..... he drives a 92.........

Adam
Old 08-27-2001, 02:59 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

WOW!!!!!!

bicycle sprocket.
a bicycle sproket!?!?!? where can I get one??? will it work on my Maxima??? how hard is it to install?? can I get it through Stillen?? will it work with my O-pipe?? is it gonna affect the performance of my right muffler bearing???

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA....yes I know I'm a fool!
Old 08-27-2001, 04:13 PM

Damn You Jeff!!

I had to buy a Budget Y because of you!! To think I voted for you to come to Maxus!! #;>)

Adam, just ignore ppl like PatchMax(AKA Jeff) and do what you came to do don't give the greedy business men what they want by quiting!!
Old 08-27-2001, 04:22 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Damn You Jeff!!

Your just NOW buying a y pipe?? Geez! LOL.

Just for that, I'm not buying that camara of yours!

Originally posted by Washington DC Maxima
I had to buy a Budget Y because of you!! To think I voted for you to come to Maxus!! #;>)

Adam, just ignore ppl like PatchMax(AKA Jeff) and do what you came to do don't give the greedy business men what they want by quiting!!
Old 08-27-2001, 04:49 PM

Re: Re: Damn You Jeff!!

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not!! LOL!! Anyway if this Budget Pipe doesn't pan out I may be the next Patch Max!!! LOL!!

I'm looking at Muffler shops now in the phone book #;>)

This whole Y pipe war is dumb to me.. All of the Y's have cracked, broken and hissed since the inception yet they all charge high a$$ prices..LOL!! We've(DC Area peeps) gotten Stillen pipes for $250 shipped for the past two years of course now it seems Stillen/Maxima relationships have died but if Stillen can still get a profit off of $250 why couldn't others?? When my Budget pipe breaks I will surely post. I've already taken pics of the Y with my digi cam which is available for sale #;>)

Your just NOW buying a y pipe?? Geez! LOL.

Just for that, I'm not buying that camara of yours!