General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

went grocery, went racing, not good mix!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 07:55 PM

so i got a lil hungry so i went to my local walmart bought some cookies and chips and sodas and other colege food. well, on my way back, i saw a mustang zipin around and so i caught up to it. we were on the feeder of a highway both about to turn left on an overpass. i look over and its a girl driver, so i thought nah... the cross lights turn yellow then she takes off screeching her tires(im to the left of her). she cuts into my lane but i take off quick enough to block her off and go on. we are zoomin around 70mph in a 45 zone on the wonderful twisties of san antonio. she hugs my tails on the turns and i pull off slowly on the straights. then the car in front of me is about to turn so i brake and she passes us up through the oncmoing lane(we are on a 2 way road). i then swerve around and start pulling on her quick and pass her back up. we pull up to a light and she is right behind me. ahead of us is a uphill run. she's revvin and the light goes green. i take off and she turns right... so i got home, and the cookies were alright but the chips took smashing from my soda boxes. hehe first race in san antonio for me!
Old 08-27-2001, 08:05 PM

nice

as least theres some excitement you got from your MAX, even though there wasn't much excitement from the spurs in the playoffs this year. haha jus kidding
Old 08-27-2001, 08:10 PM

Originally posted by _DRU_
so i got a lil hungry so i went to my local walmart bought some cookies and chips and sodas and other colege food. well, on my way back, i saw a mustang zipin around and so i caught up to it. we were on the feeder of a highway both about to turn left on an overpass. i look over and its a girl driver, so i thought nah... the cross lights turn yellow then she takes off screeching her tires(im to the left of her). she cuts into my lane but i take off quick enough to block her off and go on. we are zoomin around 70mph in a 45 zone on the wonderful twisties of san antonio. she hugs my tails on the turns and i pull off slowly on the straights. then the car in front of me is about to turn so i brake and she passes us up through the oncmoing lane(we are on a 2 way road). i then swerve around and start pulling on her quick and pass her back up. we pull up to a light and she is right behind me. ahead of us is a uphill run. she's revvin and the light goes green. i take off and she turns right... so i got home, and the cookies were alright but the chips took smashing from my soda boxes. hehe first race in san antonio for me!
That's why I got a cargo net. So I won't get caught slippin with groceries in the trunk when someone wants a piece.
Old 08-27-2001, 08:23 PM

Was it the new v-6 stangs... Yeah they are fun to mess with... one was trying to lose me but i was on it's a$$ the whole time...
Old 08-27-2001, 08:37 PM

Originally posted by Jung918
Was it the new v-6 stangs... Yeah they are fun to mess with... one was trying to lose me but i was on it's a$$ the whole time...
You guys should keep the racing to the tracks instead of the streets because that's how innocent people die. Real racers don't race on the streets. I live in Hawaii and already this summer their have been 4 deaths, not all at one time, due to racing. There is no room on our roads for making mistakes. Peace.

Shadou
Old 08-27-2001, 09:33 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

insert flame here.

like i care, keep to it. i just went 120 with my nos, it's fun
although the 100shot is getting boring. i need more.
Old 08-27-2001, 10:11 PM

yup, it was a new gold 5spd, i wonder if she had like a****ed off face kinda look when a family sedan beat her.. hehe

Old 08-28-2001, 12:26 AM

hey shadou, not trying to be a *****, but you want to keep racing on the tracks, and i want to keep preaching in the churches...where i dont go. get my drift?

most people arnt stupid enough to race in areas where they can hurt other people...the ones that do that, i cant speak for. street racing is illegal and dangerous, we all know that, but its a risk some of us take.

casey
Old 08-28-2001, 01:16 AM

Originally posted by global_threat
hey shadou, not trying to be a *****, but you want to keep racing on the tracks, and i want to keep preaching in the churches...where i dont go. get my drift?

most people arnt stupid enough to race in areas where they can hurt other people...the ones that do that, i cant speak for. street racing is illegal and dangerous, we all know that, but its a risk some of us take.

casey
For one, I don't race. I'm all show, no go. Thats fine that people want to risk there lives (and others) to race where they don't belong but I can guarantee you that the first time they either get caught or kill someone (or themselves), that will be the last time they race on the streets. I will be honest and say that yes, I have caught myself a few times being challenged by others and I have raced but what made me stop is a near accident doing 120 down the freeway. Kind of made me wake up and realize what a stupid thing to do. But you know, I'm not trying to preach to anyone. Just putting in my own 2 cents worth. Your going to do what you want but what goes around, comes around. Just hope you guys keep it safe. To many innocent people are being killed nowadays because of some young punk who doesn't give a damn about others and wants to show off his skill. There is a time and place for this but then again, what do you care?

Shadou
Old 08-28-2001, 02:15 AM

Originally posted by shadou

For one, I don't race. I'm all show, no go. Thats fine that people want to risk there lives (and others) to race where they don't belong but I can guarantee you that the first time they either get caught or kill someone (or themselves), that will be the last time they race on the streets. I will be honest and say that yes, I have caught myself a few times being challenged by others and I have raced but what made me stop is a near accident doing 120 down the freeway. Kind of made me wake up and realize what a stupid thing to do. But you know, I'm not trying to preach to anyone. Just putting in my own 2 cents worth. Your going to do what you want but what goes around, comes around. Just hope you guys keep it safe. To many innocent people are being killed nowadays because of some young punk who doesn't give a damn about others and wants to show off his skill. There is a time and place for this but then again, what do you care?

Shadou
If you had a near accident then it sounds like you weren't in control. If somebody wants to street race, they better be in control. I know you can't predict all the actions of others, but you can interpret most of them. I've raced for over 20 minutes at over 100 (up to 125) in light/moderate traffic, but I know my limits and the limits of the car. If it means skimming inches off of an 18 wheeler so be it. I just better be damn confident it's not going to brake. If I'm not, I don't do it. You know what? I've NEVER had a near accident while racing. I've come VERY VERY VERY close to other cars on the road (like my mirror went under his on one side and within an inch on the other), but the car was under control. MY control. Know your limits, know your car, never do anything you won't take responsibility for. Also, I can honestly say I've never done anything where I honestly thought another person was at risk (besides the silly "child running into the street" hypothetical that everybody uses) because of the reasons listed above. (except when intentional. That guy in the Integra knows who I'm talking about...) Now, I'm sure you're going to think I'm some foolish, immature, brash, irresponsible child, but I'm really not. I understand what can happen. I've seen the wrecks. I've seen the carnage. I've seen the tears. It's not even really a matter of choice in my mind because there are people I don't think should be racing because they do it irresponsibly. It's all a matter of control.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:23 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

it's all good until someone u know dies. keep racing.
Old 08-28-2001, 08:39 AM

I raced a new v-6 off a light approx 5 times in a row.....and everytime I ripped him a new one...
Old 08-28-2001, 08:58 AM
Former Sponsor

actually i'm with shadou... streetracing is dangerous... a lil competition is ok... stoplight to stoplight.. but shiet people go too far way too often... My friend was racing a Type R Civic over here... and whupped his ***... then it came to traffic and my friend slowed down... the Type R was ****ed and was still racing... clipped a lady's scooter and knocked her off... and she almost got nailed by a ****in bus... and yes i know we dont have scooter in the states hah but think of a kid on his bicycle... you know the type... moronic 10 yr olds who ride in the fast lanes make u turns on a green light from the bikelane... shiet like that....
street racing has so many pitfalls... and the results are never as good as on a track... so if ur so inclined... and want to be a racer... go to the track
Old 08-28-2001, 11:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Isn't it like a woman to get you all rev'ed up and leave you with broken chips.....where is the humanity? (kidding)