General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I hate the MVA...and does it seem like...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 04:44 AM

It amazes me how inefficient some places can be. I just sat at the Beltsville, MD MVA yesterday for 3 hours to get new stickers for my plates. And is it just me, or is the MVA parking lot the biggest cluster F**k of ignorant drivers? Ther were tons of them. This one in particular: As I was leaving, there was a woman in a 5th gen Maxima that just pulled out of a parking spot backwards without looking behind her, and smacked straight into a new Lincoln LS that was passing by. She then pulled forward a few inches as if to park again...opened her door to get out, and apparently (at least this is what she said), was so flustered that she missed "Park", it ended up in reverse, and it backed into the Lincoln LS again (ramming him twice)! And the she had the ***** to cop an attitude about him (the Lincoln) being in her way and should have stopped for her!!! WTF!?! So I got stuck for another half hour filling out a witness report (thankfully there was a police man in the parking lot that was Johnny on the ball getting there). I just can't believe some people. And to overhear some of the stories and explanations that some of these people had when trying to get their business done there was highly entertaining too.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:01 AM

How come you

didn't use the machine they have up in PG Plaza or Landover.. You just put in your info and it prints out your registration stickers and registration.. Takes about 10 mins.

Originally posted by The_quorum
It amazes me how inefficient some places can be. I just sat at the Beltsville, MD MVA yesterday for 3 hours to get new stickers for my plates. And is it just me, or is the MVA parking lot the biggest cluster F**k of ignorant drivers? Ther were tons of them. This one in particular: As I was leaving, there was a woman in a 5th gen Maxima that just pulled out of a parking spot backwards without looking behind her, and smacked straight into a new Lincoln LS that was passing by. She then pulled forward a few inches as if to park again...opened her door to get out, and apparently (at least this is what she said), was so flustered that she missed "Park", it ended up in reverse, and it backed into the Lincoln LS again (ramming him twice)! And the she had the ***** to cop an attitude about him (the Lincoln) being in her way and should have stopped for her!!! WTF!?! So I got stuck for another half hour filling out a witness report (thankfully there was a police man in the parking lot that was Johnny on the ball getting there). I just can't believe some people. And to overhear some of the stories and explanations that some of these people had when trying to get their business done there was highly entertaining too.
Old 08-28-2001, 12:33 PM

I had no idea the machines existed...

I didn't even get a notice that the tags were going to expire, I just happened to notice them as I was washing the car, and was like "sh*t, the expire in a week"...so I went to the MVA. I'll try the machine after my 2-years is up.

The other thing I'm wondering about is that my car has yet to be called for emissions testing. Had it two years now, and no notification for a test. Can the VEIP place check the VIN and see if I'm due? Just wondering.
Old 08-28-2001, 01:20 PM

Re: I had no idea the machines existed...

I thought this time around they were going to do a lottery type system instead of every two years... But you prolly could call though...

Originally posted by The_quorum
I didn't even get a notice that the tags were going to expire, I just happened to notice them as I was washing the car, and was like "sh*t, the expire in a week"...so I went to the MVA. I'll try the machine after my 2-years is up.

The other thing I'm wondering about is that my car has yet to be called for emissions testing. Had it two years now, and no notification for a test. Can the VEIP place check the VIN and see if I'm due? Just wondering.