General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

To those with SC, NOS, Turbo: What brand/style of guages are best? Post pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 06:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've seen Synki's car with A-pillar guages and I've seen pics of Loren's console guages. Are there any other choices? Anyone think of using 300Z TT guages? Maybe aftemarket Mustang guages in a Maxima?

Also, what is pricing on these things with/without installation?

As always, any help is appreciated!

Jim
Old 08-30-2001, 07:29 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

A'pexi EL series (click on pictures to see larger version)

Boost

EGT

Night of boost and EGT (full sized picture will not look fuzzy)
Old 08-30-2001, 11:06 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

I don't have any pics of mine, but I have autometer guages. Check out www.autometer.com to see a bunch. Good luck
Old 08-30-2001, 06:14 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

i have autometer gauges too. they are very good gauges and are affordable. the apexi ones are VERY nice but are mad loot. from what i've heard tomeis are good too. I'm happy with my autometers, that's what the majority of us use here.
Old 08-30-2001, 06:42 PM
Maxima Enthusiast

Here's my Autometer boost, air/fuel, fuel pressure gauges. I had a friend who does stereo work fabricate this dash for me. The hazzard, clock, and the rear defrost controls have been/will be moved to the ashtray area since I don't smoke and my car is a no smoking zone.

I need to find some fiber sheet so that I can match it with the rest of the dash. Anyone know where I can get a small sheet to complete my dash?

Originally posted by JJW95SC
I've seen Synki's car with A-pillar guages and I've seen pics of Loren's console guages. Are there any other choices? Anyone think of using 300Z TT guages? Maybe aftemarket Mustang guages in a Maxima?

Also, what is pricing on these things with/without installation?

As always, any help is appreciated!

Jim
Old 08-30-2001, 07:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yeah.. hey I am looking to get the Dual Gauge Pod from somewhere and Carbon Fiber Gauges.. I know for sure I want the A/F gauge.. cuz its cool looking, but i wanted to know if anyone else know of another gauge i should get THAT IS EASY TO INSTALL!!! I really dont even care what it is.. because for now they are for show.. I mean I dont run NoS and my SC isnt coming for at least 8 months.. so ANYONE KNOW OF ANOTHER E A S Y gauge to install??

I was also curious where to get these?? I know Jegs.com has some, anyone know where else to get the pod itself??
Old 08-30-2001, 07:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yeah.. hey I am looking to get the Dual Gauge Pod from somewhere and Carbon Fiber Gauges.. I know for sure I want the A/F gauge.. cuz its cool looking, but i wanted to know if anyone else know of another gauge i should get THAT IS EASY TO INSTALL!!! I really dont even care what it is.. because for now they are for show.. I mean I dont run NoS and my SC isnt coming for at least 8 months.. so ANYONE KNOW OF ANOTHER E A S Y gauge to install??

I was also curious where to get these?? I know Jegs.com has some, anyone know where else to get the pod itself??