General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

baboons sat on my car!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 03:39 PM

You're probably thinking I live in a bad neighborhood or something, but no, it was at the Great Adventure Safari. I pulled open the sunshade and we filmed the baboon sitting on top of the car. The dude in front of us had a AMG MLK 55 and there were baboons all over! This Lincoln Town Car had rubber strips on the bumpers and baboons were literally ripping them off!!

This weekend the Maxima sipped the fuel. Atlantic City/Sea Isle and back did a whopping 30.95 mpg!! Then, even with the 2 hour idling/stop-go at Great Adventure through the Safari, it did 25.3 mpg. That's kind of interesting, because in that calculation the car idled for 2 hours and only travelled about what, 5 miles tops?

This afternoon I rotated the tires, mostly to inspect the brakes. At 52k the pads are still there, but the fronts are more worn than I'd like. There do seem to be metal thingys that will scrape the rotors when the pads are shot.

One thing I did discover with the car jacked was that on both sides, the boots covering the front struts are cracked and torn!! One side was so bad I had to use duct tape to put it back together. When the car is on the ground though the boots are somewhat compressed, so I think it's ok. Unless I'm wrong at all fours the boots are not fastened at the bottom, they rely on the compression to keep a seal. I really hope Nissan used a better supplier on the CV boots though. Happy Holiday all.
Old 09-03-2001, 03:41 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

you should expact that to happen..i can't belive some of the nice cars that go through there and get danced on.
Old 09-03-2001, 04:14 PM
My 4DSC

I always...

take the Monkey Bypass Rd...

Old 09-03-2001, 07:43 PM

Re: I always...

Originally posted by My 4DSC
take the Monkey Bypass Rd...
haha Philly BOY. Didn't you see that film "12 Monkeys?" Them things are smart. We should ask them about the future of Nissan Motors.
Old 09-03-2001, 08:21 PM

yeah last time I was there I seen a 3rd gen Max have its spoiler ripped off
Old 09-03-2001, 08:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Go through at your own risk!

I would never go through the monkeys at Safari (Great Adventure) with my cars. That's like asking for a beating on the car. They will not pay for a thing if anything is damaged! That's crazy!!!! Next time get a rental car. Lucky you didn't get ****ed and dumped on like I saw on a poor guy's car before.

Ken
Old 09-03-2001, 08:54 PM

just burn them ....
Old 09-03-2001, 10:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine
You're probably thinking I live in a bad neighborhood or something, but no, it was at the Great Adventure Safari. I pulled open the sunshade and we filmed the baboon sitting on top of the car. The dude in front of us had a AMG MLK 55 and there were baboons all over! This Lincoln Town Car had rubber strips on the bumpers and baboons were literally ripping them off!!

This weekend the Maxima sipped the fuel. Atlantic City/Sea Isle and back did a whopping 30.95 mpg!! Then, even with the 2 hour idling/stop-go at Great Adventure through the Safari, it did 25.3 mpg. That's kind of interesting, because in that calculation the car idled for 2 hours and only travelled about what, 5 miles tops?

This afternoon I rotated the tires, mostly to inspect the brakes. At 52k the pads are still there, but the fronts are more worn than I'd like. There do seem to be metal thingys that will scrape the rotors when the pads are shot.

One thing I did discover with the car jacked was that on both sides, the boots covering the front struts are cracked and torn!! One side was so bad I had to use duct tape to put it back together. When the car is on the ground though the boots are somewhat compressed, so I think it's ok. Unless I'm wrong at all fours the boots are not fastened at the bottom, they rely on the compression to keep a seal. I really hope Nissan used a better supplier on the CV boots though. Happy Holiday all.
Why did you take your car in there??

Old 09-04-2001, 07:53 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

I was in one of those places once and had a Zebra chewing on my steering wheel...
Old 09-04-2001, 08:07 AM

We always take our older Corolla to the African Safaris.

The scariest was when we were in South Africa at a safari over there near Durban. There was a lion looking right through our window! If I had opened the window I could have touched the lion's nose! My dad just floored it and we took off! Luckily there was food for the lion just past our car!