General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Attn: Don In Texas

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 03:39 PM

Hey this is casey. Well since its been about 3-4 months since i baught the VB mod on the group buy and i havent really heard from you, im just sitting in the dark. Anyways im selling it, like you told me to in that one email. Why havent you sent me a core yet though, its strange how long this thing is taking. But i dont want you to send it to me now, keep it until i decide whats going to happen with selling it. im Trying to get someone to send me the cash then ill authorize it with you and you guys can do buisness. I dont understand why you just cant paypal my money back or something, because i basically just gave you 375 bucks.
Old 09-03-2001, 03:40 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i think he is busy
Old 09-03-2001, 04:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This might hurt Don in the long run. He aught to get help if he needs it.
Old 09-03-2001, 04:31 PM

I think all of us are still waiting for our VB. Two weekends in a roll Don told me he can get the VB to me. Well, this weekend has passed and still no VB! I know that we can send the core to him directly, but I need my car everyday, so no go on that idea. Even if I do that, I somehow doubt I can get the VB in quickly. I'm disappointed with Don. Is this how you do business regularly Don? That's sad. Even if he's busy, so what? He received our money already, so he should deliever the product. Maybe we should have went with Level Ten, even though it's more expensive, we probably would have got the product by now.

Don, if you're reading this, SEND ME MY VB!
Old 09-03-2001, 05:46 PM

3-4 months!

Geez, if I paid my money for a product and din't get it for that long I'd be soooo mad. Being "busy" isn't an excuse. If he does a group deal, he should def be prepaired to shell out the products when everyone sends in their money, IMO.

Good luck on getting ur VB's everyone!

PJ
Old 09-03-2001, 10:22 PM

Don usually prefers to resolve matters like this via private email. This is fine, but I think that sometimes a "public annoucement" on the message board would help to inspire customer confidence. Instead, we are left with the impression that he is unresponsive when problems arise.
Old 09-03-2001, 10:31 PM

Re: 3-4 months!

Originally posted by speednsound007
Geez, if I paid my money for a product and din't get it for that long I'd be soooo mad. Being "busy" isn't an excuse. If he does a group deal, he should def be prepaired to shell out the products when everyone sends in their money, IMO.

Good luck on getting ur VB's everyone!

PJ
Geez, am I the ONLY one that uses Email?

1) speednsound007 - "Busy" isn't an excuse. Since you don't know the details (but talk like you do)...I'm ALWAYS prepared.
The "wait" or "delay" is for those who are waiting on cores to be returned to me. If you can send your VB into us, we can get it back out within 24 hours. Those of you who choose to wait for a VB to be sent to you FIRST, are waiting on VB's to be returned to me. We only have a few, so when we did this last group deal, the incentive was to get on early, to not get so far down the list. The ones that have chosen to send their VB into us, have had it done for over a month. Some are in Hawaii, several are in Canada (shipping delays, customs, etc). I've been doing this for a long time, and have always delivered.

2) Cumalot - Would like to respond, but don't know who "Cumalot" is...its not on any of my CC orders, sorry.

3) deezo - Its all under control, please see the response above.

4) cRedrum - 3-4 months? sorry, June wasn't 4 months ago. You're sitting in the dark? The last email I received from you (unless you keep posting here) was that you would send me the name of someone that had bought it from you...still waiting, don't really know how I can help with that. Let me know if I can.

5) Eric L. - Thats the trick, Eric, I'm not getting emails, only posts. Its the way this forum does business. Its why people email you and say "if you don't do this, I'm gonna post **** about your company", believe it, it happens all the time. I prefer to see emails. They posted, but I don't know screen names = email names = account names, so I still can't answer the questions. go figure.

***Everyone involved (thats people who paid) knew about the wait and possible delays BEFORE they paid anything. But thanks for being concerned.

****AGAIN, (for those who didn't read it the first time)....You aren't waiting on us, you are waiting on a core. If you do not want to wait, please make arrangements to have your VB sent in to us for the modification.

Call Level 10, see if they will cut their price in half, don't forget to ask about their "Maxima owners no-charge" core program too....Oh wait, I don't think they have one.
Old 09-04-2001, 12:18 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

We sent in a valvebody from a 2k to have Don recalibrate. He did it the same day he recieved it and then 2nd day FedEx it back to us. Ive also dealt with Don before and have no complains. I duno whats going on with you guys so im not gonna take sides but i wanted to share my experinces with Don.

It is true tho, if someone got a prob, calling is prolly the best if not email other then post it. Alot of simple misunderstandings can be solved with a phone conversation.
Old 09-04-2001, 04:34 AM

Re: Re: 3-4 months!

Don,

Somehow I got the impression that you were being overworked which led to my post.
Old 09-04-2001, 05:21 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

This thread is a microcosm of what's wrong with a majority of members on this board.

1. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL E-MAIL SERVICE. Is that clear?

2. DON PREFERS TO BE REACHED PRIVATELY VIA E-MAIL. See #1.

3. If I see another public b!tch session on this board (especially this forum) about Don, the threads get deleted. Do it in some other forum, but keep it OUT of mine. End of story.

4. Some of you need to grow up and think about how a business operates.

5. You people do the same thing to Cattman and Warpspeed (though to a lesser extent). The small guys aren't going to hang around if you're under the illusion that these guys constantly check these boards hoping to see someone post a question/problem with their order. Then you turn around and threaten the same people who are trying to help you. They are too busy to come on here all the time. If you contact ANY of these companies by e-mail you should receive a response in a reasonable amount of time.

6. ONLY when you don't recieve ANY contact within an REASONABLE amount of time after SEVERAL attempts on your behalf should you dare post it in this forum.