General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Y-Pipe from Budget-Exhaust - - - Installed and a Review~>

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 12:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I received the ypipe from budget exhaust this thursday and had it installed this morning. I paid 300 CND shipped, which I think comes out to 192.85, I'll have to wait for my bank statement for an exact exchange. Anyways, it took the shop an hour to install it and it cost me 80$. As I pulled out of the lot of the shop I could already hear the difference, at low RPMs I regained some of the lost power from the intake and gained a lot of low GROWLING. I noticed a HUGE difference in how fast the RPMs went up and at high end (around 60-80) the acceleration had improved. I highly recommend this product, I am looking to get a high-flow cat from them in the next few weeks. Sounds SOOO nice.
Old 09-07-2001, 12:56 PM
SMX
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by thebigsadler
I received the ypipe from budget exhaust this thursday and had it installed this morning. I paid 300 CND shipped, which I think comes out to 192.85, I'll have to wait for my bank statement for an exact exchange. Anyways, it took the shop an hour to install it and it cost me 80$. As I pulled out of the lot of the shop I could already hear the difference, at low RPMs I regained some of the lost power from the intake and gained a lot of low GROWLING. I noticed a HUGE difference in how fast the RPMs went up and at high end (around 60-80) the acceleration had improved. I highly recommend this product, I am looking to get a high-flow cat from them in the next few weeks. Sounds SOOO nice.
Glad to hear that you are pleased with it. I am thinking about going with Budget Exhaust myself. Thanks for the info
Old 09-07-2001, 01:44 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

I am interested in cheaper Y pipe, where would I order a "Budget" Y pipe?
Old 09-07-2001, 01:55 PM

Need INFO!!!!

Ok...I need some info on this place. I've tried calling them the past two weeks, and no answer, and when I e-mailed Jeff, the owner...no reply. How, or what do you have to do to get a hold of them? Please help. I want a Y-pipe so bad!!!!
Please please help.

thanks for the review on the pipe... I was a bit hesitant, but now I want one!!!! BAD!!!
Old 09-07-2001, 02:07 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Need INFO!!!!

I called the phone number on the website (www.budgetexhaust.com).. 905 something.. they didnt answer two out of the 4 times i called, but i kept calling and calling.. Ask for Jeff when you get them and make sure you get the 304 stainless and tell them to polish it you want (worthless really because you cant see it), but just keep trying.. make sure you tell them you are from the maxima forum..
Old 09-07-2001, 02:14 PM
Maxima Enthusiast

I bought one from them about 3 weeks ago. I took it to Midas and it only took them about 15 minutes to install it. I would have done it myself, but I couldn't get the bolts off. I asked the mechanic whether he had any problems with the fitment and he said everything lined up and didn't have any problems with it.

I called Budget couple of times and I must've been very lucky since Jeff answered immediately both times. I am very happy with the product since it was only 1/2 of what other y-pipes were with similar performance levels.