General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Northeast Ohio Meet---success!!!!--pics Inside!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 06:36 PM

Well it rained here in the morning which got me down a bit. By 1pm it was sunny, humid and about 80. I decided to wash the ol' rust bucket and get her looking semi-ready to show. 5:30 rolled around and I was the only one in the parking lot that owned a Maxmia---hmmm. I started talking with a guy who owned a yellow ITR---cool guy. Then another guy with some sort of rally Subaru station wagon thingy---he was interesting to say the least.

As this Subaru guy is chewing at my ear in rolls MISMOSH!! The next thing I know COOLMAX is rolling in! Allllllll right! By 7pm I bet there were 100 cars in that parking lot. Some from the 50's, some 2k2's. Lots of Mustangs and trucks. But a fair amount of imports and then the Maxima clan. While we were short about 3 members who said they couldn't come at the last min., it was GREAT to meet Mismosh and COOLMAX. Two quality guys, let me tell ya!

There is a better/bigger meet in Mentor Ohio that I think I might try to attend in a month. The meet that we went to is every Sat. night till it snows--same thing in Mentor.

Well, I am starving and getting ****ed because I can't load my pictures easily. That will take a while---

Thanks again to MISHMOSH and COOLMAX for coming out. It was really nice to meet you both!

SHUMAX-
Old 09-08-2001, 06:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

sounds like fun... get them pics up!
Old 09-08-2001, 06:51 PM

:)

My stupid site is frozen---does anyone know of a place to host pics for free. I don't want to give them to you to host---don't want to put you through the trouble. Not to mention I have 20 pics and emailing them would be a biiiiitch!

Let me know....Or you are going to love the shot of the yellow ITR. I still can't belive that COOLMAX beat him 0-80...that was awesome!

SHUMAX
Old 09-08-2001, 07:42 PM

PICS!!!!

Ok---Geocities was the only one I could get to work---sorry about that!

You will have to cut and past the URL and then then hit refresh once it loads and tells you it doesn't exist. Once you are in click on the MAXIMA tab and have fun!

SHUMAX

http://us.geocities.yahoo.com/filema...xima&dispopts=*%3b%3b*
Old 09-10-2001, 08:17 AM
is invisible

Re: :)

Originally posted by shumax
Let me know....Or you are going to love the shot of the yellow ITR. I still can't belive that COOLMAX beat him 0-80...that was awesome!

SHUMAX
Destroyed him...didn't have a chance.
Old 09-10-2001, 08:23 AM
is invisible

NE OH mini-meet...

Yea, I enjoyed meeting you guys, shumax and Mishmosh. Of course it would have been nice to have a larger crwod...so far the 2 mini-meets have had 3 people in attendance...I was at both of them.

I was surprised at the amount of attention shumax was getting from all the import guys. Definitley stood out from the crowd...it was so clean!

As for that Subaru guy...I can't believe Mishmosh invited him! I think shumax and I were ready to throw into traffic.

Hopefully we can get a good crowd for a Mentor show...before the weather kick in.
Old 09-10-2001, 08:52 AM
is invisible

Re: PICS!!!!

Ok---Geocities was the only one I could get to work---sorry about that!

You will have to cut and past the URL and then then hit refresh once it loads and tells you it doesn't exist. Once you are in click on the MAXIMA tab and have fun!

SHUMAX

http://us.geocities.yahoo.com/filema...xima&dispopts=*%3b%3b*
Hmmm...wasn't working for me...refreshed about 10 times too.

Somebody help us!
Old 09-10-2001, 05:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: PICS!!!!

Man-o-man, was having major problems posting on the org! Hopefully this will go through...

Yeah, the meet was pretty cool even if there were just three of us--maybe that's the magic number for NE Ohio Meets! Definitely was an interesting venue with all those other cars there. Subaru Man was something else. You can't really describe his ride as "rice," but it was certainly way way out of this world. And no, Coolmax, I didn't invite him, I just said that he was a friendly guy. Heh heh.

It was great meeting Shumax and Coolmax, checking out each other's ride, and talking about cars and other things. Shumax's ULTRA squeeky clean car was unbelievable. Hate to tell ya dude but there is some serious OCD there -- that's obsessive compulsive d/o. But at least you showed the Org some luv with the Maxima.org stickers. Heh heh.

Man! Did I miss Coolmax race yellow-integra man? Damn... Probably could have heard more from that sweet Greddy exhaust (I want one!). Anyways, the dude was talking some serious talk about how he killed a domestic. It's good to hear you beat him Coolmax.

Anyways, Thanks Shumax for setting the meet up. We definitely should do it again...

BTW, couldn't see the pics even after cut/pasting the link. Hey, I have some server space on with ATT if you want me to post.
Old 09-10-2001, 06:04 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

clear/red tails

BTW, guys, the (DavidL7) tails that I wanted to have installed before the meet finally came in today!!! Woohoo!

Old 09-10-2001, 07:15 PM

The org

Yea---this has been ****ing me off too. I post a huge post and it won't go through! I don't know.

I am on the road for work in Cincinnati and am on dialup. I will mess with the pics tomorrow when I get to the office and the T1 line.

It was great to see you guys. Mismosh--I like your poke at me about the OCD Nahhh--that's dedication and a reflection of my lifestyle/personality----if it's not clean, it's not right---that's what I say anyway Thanks for the nice words though. I take pride in that car--ask anyone who knows me

Yes--you missed a good race. I still can't belive COOLMAX beat him that bad...

SHUMAX
Old 09-11-2001, 05:18 AM

Sounds great

Hope to see the pics soon..
Old 09-11-2001, 08:25 AM
is invisible

Re: clear/red tails

Originally posted by Mishmosh
BTW, guys, the (DavidL7) tails that I wanted to have installed before the meet finally came in today!!! Woohoo!

Looks great!
Old 09-11-2001, 08:26 AM
is invisible

Re: The org

Yes--you missed a good race. I still can't belive COOLMAX beat him that bad...

SHUMAX
I don't even remember how how many carlengths I had him by.