General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Raced a Cop

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2000, 11:23 PM

Im turning left in the inside lane and he s in the outside lane both take off at the same time, and hes right with me going in to second gear, but as soon as i hit third he was just i spek in my mirror,until he caught up to me and gave me a ticket.
Old 10-29-2000, 11:29 PM

wow...i am amazed. No, i really am.
Old 10-29-2000, 11:36 PM

hey newbie how did you put your gas pedal on? HELP
Old 10-30-2000, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by Player1
hey newbie how did you put your gas pedal on? HELP
it was hell putting that thing on. it looked easy but u have to squeeze into the space... anywayz, the instructions are different for different brands, razo is a bit more complicate to put on, but levoc is much easier. For levoc pedal you just have to bend the metal strips around the origial pedal.
Old 10-30-2000, 08:30 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

my question is WHY?
next time u want to **** away some $$ send it to me.
Dan

Im turning left in the inside lane and he s in the outside lane both take off at the same time, and hes right with me going in to second gear, but as soon as i hit third he was just i spek in my mirror,until he caught up to me and gave me a ticket.
Old 10-30-2000, 08:43 AM
The missing moderator

Hrmm....

I have to wonder.........

Old 10-30-2000, 09:15 AM

Please God tell me this is a hoax

No one could be this stupid.... I pray that you take yourself out of the Gene pool before you can claim affiliation with Maxima.org.
Old 10-30-2000, 09:16 AM

kinda dumb

i dont know about you guys, but whenever i see a cop next to me the last thing i would do is speed ahead of him, I always lay back and cruise the speed limit until he turns off of something. Then WOT......
Old 10-30-2000, 09:24 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: kinda dumb

what i do...
O/D off, slight e-brake, pray he didn't see me speed.

Dan

Originally posted by ny96maxse
i dont know about you guys, but whenever i see a cop next to me the last thing i would do is speed ahead of him, I always lay back and cruise the speed limit until he turns off of something. Then WOT......
Old 10-30-2000, 11:25 AM

Re: Please God tell me this is a hoax

Originally posted by Eric M
No one could be this stupid.... I pray that you take yourself out of the Gene pool before you can claim affiliation with Maxima.org.
Looks like the gene pool needs more chlorine to me!
Old 10-30-2000, 12:02 PM
Disco Biscuit

Sounds to me like someone peed in it!!!

I can still see the yellow cloud in the water!!!
Old 10-30-2000, 12:17 PM
to da MAX

a friend told a story of his friends race with a cop. Dude drives an integra type R and thought that the copper behind him was his buddy that wanted to race or some crap (they were on the freeway). So he shifts an takes the car into the 110+ speeds and once he realized it was the cop (probably once he heard the siren go off) he pulled over. The cop came at him with his gun drawn and was yelling at his *** to keep his hands on the wheel.

Old 10-30-2000, 12:30 PM

Most police departments have their own speed limit for how fast to persue someone (for things other than a violent crime suspect). That speed is typically 80 MPH. Most cops, particularly highway patrole types, generally ignore the rule. They also take a dim view of having to chase someone at high speeds. I've heard stories of people being dragged out through their car's window. People haveing been stopped for this sort of thing also have a habit of "tripping" while getting out of their car. Lots of cops think you're going that fast for a "real" reason, so don't be surprised by a drawn gun. Don't make any sudden moves either.
Old 10-30-2000, 02:10 PM

ummmnnnnnnn......... r u ok?
Old 10-30-2000, 02:42 PM
The missing moderator

LEt's see, if you were a police officer and had to chase someone, wouldn't you be thinking that this guy probably has something to hide? So once you have them pulled over, wouldn't you too try and leverage the advantage to your side by pulling your weapon?

I mean hell, 1) why would you race a cop and 2) why would you really need to race anyone on the street? I mean, I drive fast ont he freeway occationally... but I don't do it when I am racing... I do it cause well, there are no cars around and I don't want to be on I-45 anymore.

-Shing

Originally posted by brubenstein
Most police departments have their own speed limit for how fast to persue someone (for things other than a violent crime suspect). That speed is typically 80 MPH. Most cops, particularly highway patrole types, generally ignore the rule. They also take a dim view of having to chase someone at high speeds. I've heard stories of people being dragged out through their car's window. People haveing been stopped for this sort of thing also have a habit of "tripping" while getting out of their car. Lots of cops think you're going that fast for a "real" reason, so don't be surprised by a drawn gun. Don't make any sudden moves either.
Old 10-30-2000, 11:32 PM
mrloyd

right on

i don't care what people say, i hate cops! Just cause i don't have the *****, or ignorance to race them does not mean that i cannot applaud someone who does. Screw the cops. I get so sick of passing one going like 10 over and getting all nervous, and they they pull out and tail you for just a bit to mess with your mind, then they fly by you at like 20 over. My only question is if you are really crazy/stupid enough to race a cop, why didn't you just put his fat a** in the ditch?

Old 10-31-2000, 12:38 AM

**** ya player at least someone gives me props, not these fools always **** blockin, always trying to put people down, **** ya, i didnt put this thread down to fukin prove how cool or stupid i am. There is a bad vibe here at max.org, every time i read a thread here, someone always is trying to prove how that they re better than one another, if it wasnt for the fact that almost everyone has a maxima you people would seriously fukin hate each other. out
Old 10-31-2000, 08:33 AM

wtf

u raced a cop what wrong with u. when i c a cop i drive like when i took my driving test and use the e brake to slow down so he doent see my brake light.
Old 10-31-2000, 08:38 AM
The missing moderator

LOL.... bad vibes... I do'nt htink I am better than anyone, but I do know racing a cop while he or she is on duty is well, retarded.

bad vibes.. .LOL

-shing

**** ya player at least someone gives me props, not these fools always **** blockin, always trying to put people down, **** ya, i didnt put this thread down to fukin prove how cool or stupid i am. There is a bad vibe here at max.org, every time i read a thread here, someone always is trying to prove how that they re better than one another, if it wasnt for the fact that almost everyone has a maxima you people would seriously fukin hate each other. out
Old 10-31-2000, 09:04 AM
jamie

dv, think the reason why people are stoning you is cause you're a fuking MORON! you complain about cops putting you down, hating on you, etc. and you think they are on some kind of powertrip.

man they need to pull you over. there are entirely too many stupid people on the street who think they can drive. Go drive an SUV or something you fuking moron.

Old 10-31-2000, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by Shingles
LOL.... bad vibes... I do'nt htink I am better than anyone, but I do know racing a cop while he or she is on duty is well, retarded.

bad vibes.. .LOL

-shing

Agreed shing, that's just ridiculous and hilarious! Why would anyone want a ticket? He should of asked the officer for a ticket before he took off, if would have been easier!
Too muckin fuch!
Old 10-31-2000, 09:09 AM

I gave your mom some good vibes last night

One time last year, we were doing some illegal street racing on Westheimer and this cop was watching from behind. I was in the lead so this cop decided to pick on me.

He pulled up next to me, no lights, and over his PA system he shouts, "HEY, DO YOU HAVE THE ***** TO RACE ME? DO YOU? HUH???" And this punkass cop starts revving his engine, LOL. It might have looked real stupid to someone witnessing it, but I was pissing in my pantalons. Everyone was telling me, "man, Al, you *****, you should have raced him and then claimed entrapment..." Haha! Yeah, I could take a cop to court after he tickets me and impounds my car, that would be a great way to prove a point.

I've seen lots of idiots race cops, accidentally and on purpose. One time I was speeding on the highway, and I didn't realize there was this cop a few yards behind me... he comes careening from behind and starts tailing me. I thought I was ****ed, but for some insane reason the SC400 beside me takes off, thinking the car behind me wanted to race. LOL, he gets pulled over, I exit right away with my heart pounding.

I've been pulled out of my own car by a few dozen cops before (back in the day when I had my ghetto *** 87 Maxima SE), so **** racing cops. It takes a real dumbass to risk the embarassment. LOL.
Old 10-31-2000, 09:18 AM
The missing moderator

Re: I gave your mom some good vibes last night

Hahah Iremember that...

"Come on son, what you got no *****?!" I was about 10 car length behind, I was like oh hell... that's it, it's all over. Oh man... that was scary.

-Shing

Originally posted by PrimerAl
One time last year, we were doing some illegal street racing on Westheimer and this cop was watching from behind. I was in the lead so this cop decided to pick on me.

He pulled up next to me, no lights, and over his PA system he shouts, "HEY, DO YOU HAVE THE ***** TO RACE ME? DO YOU? HUH???" And this punkass cop starts revving his engine, LOL. It might have looked real stupid to someone witnessing it, but I was pissing in my pantalons. Everyone was telling me, "man, Al, you *****, you should have raced him and then claimed entrapment..." Haha! Yeah, I could take a cop to court after he tickets me and impounds my car, that would be a great way to prove a point.

I've seen lots of idiots race cops, accidentally and on purpose. One time I was speeding on the highway, and I didn't realize there was this cop a few yards behind me... he comes careening from behind and starts tailing me. I thought I was ****ed, but for some insane reason the SC400 beside me takes off, thinking the car behind me wanted to race. LOL, he gets pulled over, I exit right away with my heart pounding.

I've been pulled out of my own car by a few dozen cops before (back in the day when I had my ghetto *** 87 Maxima SE), so **** racing cops. It takes a real dumbass to risk the embarassment. LOL.
Old 10-31-2000, 09:39 AM

not all cops are bad, but some give me da creeps

Dude, my thong was stained after than incident. I don't think I've been street racing ever since, except when us guys are just screwing around on the beltway.

Oh yeah check us out at:
http://www.hia.net/ghostwheel/camera/engine3.jpg

Originally posted by Shingles
Hahah Iremember that...

"Come on son, what you got no *****?!" I was about 10 car length behind, I was like oh hell... that's it, it's all over. Oh man... that was scary.
Old 10-31-2000, 10:22 AM

This guy I know, one time he was driving in CT - really windy, hilly roads, comes around a curve doing 40 in a 25. Cop is right there but facing him on the other side of the road. As he passes the cop, looks in the rearwiev mirror and the cop turns his lights on and starts to come out. But the road is so narrow that the cop has to do a 3 point turn to turn around. Last thing my friend saw in his rearview mirror was the cop backing up, then he dissappeared around the corner and made severel quick turns. Doesn't really count as racing one though.
Old 10-31-2000, 03:49 PM

oh well i guess some things will never change
Old 10-31-2000, 04:03 PM

I raced a cop once... Off duty, but he was in his uniform driving a SHO. He pulled up and actually rolled down the window and asked if I wanted to race. I saw the badge but figured what tha hell. Of course he whupped me hard (I was driving a 92 Integra at the time)...
Old 10-31-2000, 04:44 PM

thats tight
Old 10-31-2000, 05:51 PM
The missing moderator

Guess so...

oh well i guess some things will never change