General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ImportFest is TODAY in TORONTO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 07:00 AM

ImportFest is TODAY in TORONTO!!!

Whose gonna be there?? I gues nathan, fivelitrekiller, theblue, and ohboiya are there already setting up their cars...

but anyone else from here going??
Old 09-29-2001, 10:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'll be there later in the day around 6pm, I'll have my digicam with me so I'll post up pics tomorrow if I get the chance. See you guys there.
Old 09-29-2001, 09:24 PM

You should have seen the crowd around Daniel's car when he opened it up

He's got a white Y2K with the Ninja kit and Stillen SC ... what a sweet purr!

theBlue took a great pic of the crowd! Wait till he posts it when he gets back to Rochestor!

BTW .. u probably realized I pulled outta the show .. I couldn't get everything delivered/installed/painted in time for the show b/c of 9-11
Old 09-29-2001, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by ohboiya
You should have seen the crowd around Daniel's car when he opened it up

He's got a white Y2K with the Ninja kit and Stillen SC ... what a sweet purr!

theBlue took a great pic of the crowd! Wait till he posts it when he gets back to Rochestor!

BTW .. u probably realized I pulled outta the show .. I couldn't get everything delivered/installed/painted in time for the show b/c of 9-11
r u serious??? The GT-R badged white maxima had an SC in it?? when I went there @ 12 to 2, it was closed. and whos daniel?? the white guy that was wearing white shirt and blue jeans? nathan was the guy infront of him right? I didn't bother u guys because all the max drivers were sitting on that music pumping black maxima adn talking, I had to go with my other friends to see the hondas they want to see, the subaru club was cool, they had so many cars there and a right hand drive turboed imprezza(it says STi but not sure).
Old 09-29-2001, 09:37 PM

What's the matter with u? You should've said hi LOL

Daniel is asian .. very quiet .. great guy ... he didn't show till about 5:30 p.m. b/c he slept in

Nathan didn't bring his car in until the morning so his car was parked way @ the back ... the other 4 guys brought their cars just b4 midnite & didn't get out of there until 4:30 a.m.!!!

Originally posted by costcowholesale

r u serious??? The GT-R badged white maxima had an SC in it?? when I went there @ 12 to 2, it was closed. and whos daniel?? the white guy that was wearing white shirt and blue jeans? nathan was the guy infront of him right? I didn't bother u guys because all the max drivers were sitting on that music pumping black maxima adn talking, I had to go with my other friends to see the hondas they want to see, the subaru club was cool, they had so many cars there and a right hand drive turboed imprezza(it says STi but not sure).
Old 09-29-2001, 09:40 PM

yeah I should have, but u guys looked busy, the second time I walked by you guys were playing with the alarm and then couldn't unlock the car so a guy with spiky hair/white shirt,baggy blue jeans opened teh car with the key and the car was scream beep beep beep, so u guys were all busy trying 2 disconnect the alarm.

whos max was it? the first max without body kit, just cleared tail, with 2 subs in the trunk.
Old 09-29-2001, 09:52 PM

I went there and met up with everyone! I saw Daniel's SC Max for the first time, didn't hear him open it up tho. I met up with Granand Aaron. Talked to Daniel for the first time, he seems like a cool guy and his Max looks hype.

I was hanging that area around for a while looking for my friends (as I was talking to Grant and Aaron they went somewhere else)..I got lost for like 30 mins. I walked around your Maxes for a bit until I decided to check out another area for them.

I asked about you, Eugene, but they said you had to back out cause you didn't have your stuff yet. That sucks, but then now you have more time to prepare for next year!! I saw Nathan's car too, he got quite a bit of attention, especially for his engine bay. People also enjoyed it when he opened it up to show off the intake. I talked to him but I don't think he recognized me.

It was my first import car show and I enjoyed it. I loved the yellow 300ZX TT with the interior thin neons, and the custom trunk. It looks hype and I was surprised to see it was owned by some Punjabi guys, great to see that they are getting into the scene showing off their stuff...hopefully I will be doing that one day.

Went I went out of the Skydome in the night I saw a blank 4th gen with a bodykit..there was some black dude with a girl in it. Btw, who's car was in front of Grant's? It had a SMX badge under the Maxima badge and I think it had a bodykit. Also where was Grant's and Nathan's undercar neons? Didn't get them in time?

Too bad I got there late, the stupid DVP was closed so we had to drive down to the Skydome from Scarborough thru interior streets that were PACKED with traffic. What a day to close down the DVP! It took two hours to get there!

Well that's about it..sorry for the long winded essay..hehe

It was great meeting up with all of you (except you Eugene, I didn't see you!) and it was great checking it out all your cars!! Damn..I forgot to congratulate Aaron on his 14.556s run..I wanted to but I forgot..next time.
Old 09-29-2001, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by mAdD MAX
I went there and met up with everyone! I saw Daniel's SC Max for the first time, didn't hear him open it up tho. I met up with Granand Aaron. Talked to Daniel for the first time, he seems like a cool guy and his Max looks hype.

I was hanging that area around for a while looking for my friends (as I was talking to Grant and Aaron they went somewhere else)..I got lost for like 30 mins. I walked around your Maxes for a bit until I decided to check out another area for them.

I asked about you, Eugene, but they said you had to back out cause you didn't have your stuff yet. That sucks, but then now you have more time to prepare for next year!! I saw Nathan's car too, he got quite a bit of attention, especially for his engine bay. People also enjoyed it when he opened it up to show off the intake. I talked to him but I don't think he recognized me.

It was my first import car show and I enjoyed it. I loved the yellow 300ZX TT with the interior thin neons, and the custom trunk. It looks hype and I was surprised to see it was owned by some Punjabi guys, great to see that they are getting into the scene showing off their stuff...hopefully I will be doing that one day.

Went I went out of the Skydome in the night I saw a blank 4th gen with a bodykit..there was some black dude with a girl in it. Btw, who's car was in front of Grant's? It had a SMX badge under the Maxima badge and I think it had a bodykit. Also where was Grant's and Nathan's undercar neons? Didn't get them in time?

Too bad I got there late, the stupid DVP was closed so we had to drive down to the Skydome from Scarborough thru interior streets that were PACKED with traffic. What a day to close down the DVP! It took two hours to get there!

It was great meeting up with all of you (except you Eugene, I didn't see you!) and it was great checking it out all your cars!! Damn..I forgot to congratulate Aaron on his 14.556s run..I wanted to but I forgot..next time.
yeah I think the black max I'm talking about had SMX badge on the trunk
Old 09-30-2001, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by costcowholesale

yeah I think the black max I'm talking about had SMX badge on the trunk
That's Grant ... another one .. he's the guy that took over my spot on the team

He's not a member of n e of the internet boards ... he just did all this stuff on his own!

We'll do another meet in October .. he'll definately be around!

L8r guys!
Old 09-30-2001, 05:07 PM

I'll post more later, along with 60+ pics. But Grant #2 has a real SMX as far as we can figure out. The person before him got it as a company car and it has the momo arrows, perfect body kit mounting, and a nice drop and stillen intake... the only things he added were neon + sound.

does anybody have a way to verify if it is a real SMX ??

get ready for the pics + my stories later.
Old 09-30-2001, 05:44 PM

I got ONE Word for Importfest

Man guys ... ImportFest SUCKED Big Time!!!!!!!!!! Most of the Cars and the Girls were <------ UGLY!

Except for the Maxima's that is.

Bubba Sparx's Song is the BEST word to Describe ImportFest!

UGLY ... UUUUUGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY.

I only like 5 Cars out of the ENTIRE show. Besides the Maximas

I finally got to Meet FiveLitreKiller and Daniel.

DAMN Daniel's car is Sweet!!!!!

Five's Max is SOOOOOO Damn LOUD ... I LIKE I LIKE!

Glad to see Grant #2 (SMX), The Blue, Daniel, Nathan and Five was representin' ... Too bad I didn't get to Meet Nathan.
Old 09-30-2001, 06:12 PM

Hey Madd Max, I actually recognized you but there were too many people walking around that it was hard to think straight. I thought Importfest was pretty phat except for all those stock Impreza's.

Empz, yeah it's to bad I didn't get to talk to you. I did however talk to some other guys that had Maxima's and wanted to join our club.

If you guys were wondering which car was mine, it was the black 4th gen with the 2 JL subs in a bandpass enclosure with the chrome amps, and the red engine that was parked far away from the other max's. The only good thing about where I was parked was that I was one of the first cars to leave the building unlike the other max's.

Nathan
Old 09-30-2001, 06:19 PM

Anooj, I actually had the underbody kit installed but I had problems getting it to work because I didn't have enough time to wire it properly. When I was being judged, the judge didn't even ask me to turn the neons on which was good. I'll hopefully have it running by the end of this week.

Nathan
Originally posted by mAdD MAX