General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima seen going to Hot Import Daze

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2001, 12:18 PM
Administrator

well you heard a BOV.. so its not an AUTO.. so that rules out Dave

was it black?

if so that rules out Alex and Cheston...

but arn't they in SoCal? blah.. i am confused
Old 10-14-2001, 02:35 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
well you heard a BOV.. so its not an AUTO.. so that rules out Dave
just curious. you can't hear the BOV on an auto? or is it just not as noticeable?
Old 12-02-2001, 08:14 PM

Um that was me. I was parked over in that little section off to the side. But I dont have a supercharger tho. But i know you saw me.

Chris
Old 12-02-2001, 08:41 PM

Oh yeah now I remember. You have a blue max iwth clear corners and its dropped right? We first met on the 5 south right?

Chris
Old 12-02-2001, 09:03 PM

Oh yeah now I remember. You have a blue max iwth clear corners and its dropped right? We first met on the 5 south right?

Chris
Old 12-03-2001, 10:06 PM
maxkiller454

Re: Maxima seen going to Hot Import Daze

Originally posted by slammed95
Anybody here have a really low black supercharged maxima with 18's, stillen front lip, and Nakayama stickers, that went to Hot Import Daze in Irvine? Anyways, that car is fast as hell, and the blow off valve is loud.
all i have to say is that the maximA you saw did not have a blow off valve. thats all ill say about that. but i will tell you that he got smoked/eaten alive by a 2002 ACURA 3.2TL TYPE-s. i can personally vouch for this because i'm the one who smoked him. 2 cars at least and thats just being nice.

no hard feelings chris, just setting everyone straight.

don't worry all you maxima drivers i'm a fellow Nakayama Employee, but just be careful when you see a WHITE ACURA TL with a Nakayama sticker on the back window. i have given you fair warning.

Old 12-03-2001, 10:17 PM

Re: Re: Maxima seen going to Hot Import Daze

Originally posted by maxkiller454

all i have to say is that the maximA you saw did not have a blow off valve. thats all ill say about that. but i will tell you that he got smoked/eaten alive by a 2002 ACURA 3.2TL TYPE-s. i can personally vouch for this because i'm the one who smoked him. 2 cars at least and thats just being nice.

don't worry all you maxima drivers i'm a fellow Nakayama Employee, but just be careful when you see a WHITE ACURA TL with a Nakayama sticker on the back window. i have given you fair warning.
now that's funny...right...and next your going to tell us that the type-s is a fast car....HAHAHAHAHA

BTW- the only thing you could do to a type-s to make it as fast or faster than a S/Ced max is a big healthy shot of nitrous....and good luck with your cr@ppy auto tranny after you do that....
Old 12-03-2001, 11:02 PM

Hey Sean guess what?

Your Fired. So just come in tomorrow and pick up your last pay check.

Chris

aka your boss
Old 12-04-2001, 12:55 AM

Re: Re: Maxima seen going to Hot Import Daze

Originally posted by maxkiller454

what i'm more interested is what products does the company you work for have for maximas??? is there any interest in developing any maxima specific mods? or is nakayama just a retailer??? interesting yet popular japanese name.. i definately hope it's named after someone that's last name is "nakayama" because it means middle rice field.. or inner rice field...
Old 12-04-2001, 01:56 AM

Re: Re: Re: Maxima seen going to Hot Import Daze

Originally posted by mingo
i definately hope it's named after someone that's last name is "nakayama" because it means middle rice field.. or inner rice field...

and at the dude with the tl-s
Old 12-04-2001, 07:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Maxima seen going to Hot Import Daze

Well right now we are producing a cold air intake for the Maxima. I also need to know if other cold air intakes will fit 95-01 Maxima's. Can anyone answer that for me? Yes there is interest in developing parts for the maxima but no one really comes through on telling me what they want. Like I have helped out the newcelica.org people out with a product that they wanted/have been praying for. Yes the name "Nakayama" is named after the owner for you who wanted to know.

So give me some ideas,

Chris
Nakayama Racing Sports

Originally posted by mingo

what i'm more interested is what products does the company you work for have for maximas??? is there any interest in developing any maxima specific mods? or is nakayama just a retailer??? interesting yet popular japanese name.. i definately hope it's named after someone that's last name is "nakayama" because it means middle rice field.. or inner rice field...
Old 12-04-2001, 07:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Maxima seen going to Hot Import Daze

Originally posted by capmaxima99
Well right now we are producing a cold air intake for the Maxima. I also need to know if other cold air intakes will fit 95-01 Maxima's. Can anyone answer that for me? Yes there is interest in developing parts for the maxima but no one really comes through on telling me what they want. Like I have helped out the newcelica.org people out with a product that they wanted/have been praying for. Yes the name "Nakayama" is named after the owner for you who wanted to know.

So give me some ideas,

Chris
Nakayama Racing Sports

How about a new Ignition system, to cope for the POS we have.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:22 PM

as far as a cold air intake goes, a company called place racing already makes one for our cars.. (the years you've listed).. hrm.. i wouldn't mind by being the first to throw out some ideas for you on this thread. how about a roll cage? sub frame connectors are already being prototyped as we speak right now by warpspeed performance, but not a roll cage. body kits for our cars is not a great market so i won't suggest that (i'm not throwing out a wishlist just practical tips). a throttle body conversion would be nice or at least porting out our throttle bodies as a service would be great. reprogramable automatic transimission control module would be very welcomed, as will a reprogramable ECU. a dual in dual out exhaust system just like the bmw's wouldn't be way out of the left field.. but to do this a custom Y pipe would be needed, to angle one bank slightly to the right so the pipe will clear. carbon fiber hoods for the 5th generation maxima (2k up).. and for the car audio department, kick panels, and 6.5 speaker conversion mounting kits for the doors.. (the rears are smaller so a conversion would have to be done.. these are just a few very practical ideas.. i'm not sure what nakayama is capable of doing in terms of production but just to get things rolling i listed the above.. OH and one more thing.. brackets to push out our brake callipers further outwards so we can use larger rotors..
-daniel
Old 12-04-2001, 07:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Maxima seen going to Hot Import Daze

Originally posted by gtr_rider

How about a new Ignition system, to cope for the POS we have.
What's wrong with it?
Old 12-04-2001, 07:29 PM

Originally posted by t2000j
just curious. you can't hear the BOV on an auto? or is it just not as noticeable?
You can only hear it when the throttle body plate closes(IE, gettin off the gas). You don't hear it between shifts on an auto because of this..
Old 12-04-2001, 07:29 PM

i think nismo offers some coil packs for our cars.. someone that has an overseas connection should check it out.. i saw some in taiwan for the cefiro and it "looks" like it would work on our american, japanese built maximas.
Old 12-05-2001, 02:50 AM

Originally posted by Maximamike

You can only hear it when the throttle body plate closes(IE, gettin off the gas). You don't hear it between shifts on an auto because of this..

so is having a bov on a auto pointless?
Old 12-05-2001, 03:13 AM

No, just doesn't make the sound. You still need a way to prevent the boost from going back in the intake tract. It's just that when you shift, it doesn't really do anything since you're not letting off the throttle like you would on a 5spd. But there are still plenty of times when one would back off the throttle in an auto and then the BOV has plenty of point.
Originally posted by mykizism

so is having a bov on a auto pointless?
Old 02-07-2002, 07:12 AM

So give me some ideas,

Chris
Nakayama Racing Sports

How about a custom head gasket?

Check your e-mail =)
Old 02-07-2002, 10:27 AM

So give me some ideas,

Chris
Nakayama Racing Sports

right now i would be really interested in projector headlights...something like what the hon-duh guys have but something that is actually functional and not just for looks