General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Last night I beat a McLaren F1 in my 92 Maxima SE..

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2000, 08:43 PM

Woodear was in the passenger seat so he can tell you about it..
Old 08-28-2000, 08:57 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Maximamike
Woodear was in the passenger seat so he can tell you about it..
i see you brought the crack pipe out again...
Old 08-28-2000, 09:00 PM

he is just dreaming.
he has neither a license nor a car
Old 08-28-2000, 09:03 PM

I was cruising down 161, it was a cool clear night, just out enjoying the ride. I glanced in my rear view mirror, and noticed something low slung coming at me with fog lights glaring. Great, another riceboy civic I thought. It was coming up pretty fast, and when it got close enough I noticed it looked a little to low to be even a slammed civic. Finally it pulled up next to me. It wasn't a slammed civic, it wasn't even a civic at all! Next to me was a shiny McLaren F1, jet black, and it was looking for some action.

My eyes started low down scoping out the wheels, the brake vents, the door handles, finally I glanced up at the driver. Damn, a chick! Every bit as striking as the car, what a combo! I notice she's matching pace and scoping out the max as we pull up to a light.

As we stop, she rolls down the window. I follow suit, nervously swallowing the lump in my throat. She says, "Nice ride, whatcha got in it?" I calmly respond "3 liter 190 HP DOHC V6, and you?" She says "627 HP 370 cubic inch V12". I nervously swallow again, as she asks "Wanna race?" I ask what's in it for me, she says "You win, you get to take me to dinner." I ask, "What if I lose". She says "I get to take you to dinner."

Either way, I figure I'm doing pretty damn good, so it's on. I rev her up a little, the intake giving a mean growl that could almost be heard over the roar of her mighty v12... The light turns green, and it's go time! I get the jump, her massive 18 inch performance radials just spin under the torque of the engine. I laugh, I've so got her now! My mighty Dunlops finally hook up, and the max surges forward like a bullet from a 45. I glance in the rearview and see headlights gaining, she finally got some traction and is headed my way.

Up to 30 mph now, we're neck and neck! I make the shift to second, speedshifting, no time to be nice to the ride now. Back in the powerband, I begin to pull ahead. At 40 mph, I hear her going for 2nd. I hear a grind as she falls back several car lenghts. She missed, she missed the shift! The massive force required to depress the clutch has proved to be a challenge to her delicate shapely legs! I smile as I increase my lead. But, by 50 she's back up with me, beginning to pull ahead. What's going on? There's no way she can be spanking me like this... About this time I notice an odd smell, kinda like burning brakes. Wait, the emergency brake is still on! Cursing myself, I release it and the max shoots forward like a bat out of hell. I close the lead and give her a smile as I pass by.

Up to 80 now, I've got about a 1 car lead. I'm staring intently at the tach, ready to make the perfect shift to third, when some movement catches the corner of my eye. Two glowing spheres in the road, what's that? As my headlights light up the road, I see the source, a groundhog is crossing the road. Sensing the avoiding doom, he is frozen with that groundhog in the headlights look in his eye. Poor guy, but this is no time for animal kindness, and I must sacrifice him to the gods of the race. With my foot to the floor, the little groundhog ends his time on this earth.

Up to 100 now, and it's neck and neck. We're nearing the designated finish line, both cars straining with every ounce of power. As I hold 4th, she shifts into 3rd, right out of the powerband. I pull ahead 1/2 car length and dash across the finish. i did it! Yes, the maxima has stood up to a challegne once again. We pull over, exchange phone numbers, and make a plan for friday night. Oh yeah, the max is still champ and I've got a hot date for the weekend. Yes folks, it doesn't get much better than this.
Old 08-28-2000, 09:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

LOL

Nothing like adding a little fantasy to reality. Poor groundhog...
Old 08-28-2000, 09:09 PM

Hmmm.. Roll down windows on a McLaren F1, Chad? Thats news to me
Old 08-28-2000, 09:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Too bad a McLaren F1 goes from 0-200mph in 26 seconds! From 130mph plus it will outrun a Formula 1 Indy car! Yeah, even missing all the gears, it would still beat my max in the 1/4 mile, but wait, it only has to go through two gears to get through the 1/4 mile. It would be nice to SEE a McLaren F1! I did, however, see a HOTT 20-21yo blonde driving a brand new beautiful white Mecham GTR TA today! OUCH!! Beautiful people drive beautiful cars!
Old 08-29-2000, 09:21 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Both of you guys are too funny!!!!!

Old 08-29-2000, 10:13 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

OH yeah?! i beat down on a Camaro with my RAZOR scooter..

did a 3.2 second flip from carry-on to scooter transformation and pushed off so fast my shoes melted! damn right boy!

too bad that camaro was parked or he wouldda suffered even greater defeat!!

Old 08-29-2000, 11:40 AM
STFU n00b!

Go back to your salad bar, boy!
Old 08-29-2000, 12:01 PM
MaxRX7

Hey deathwish, you should change your name to cherrywish. The ***** could have had the F1 in 5th gear the whole time from a standing start reach 200+mph. If she would have taken off in 3rd gear (and left it there) she would have beat you silly, and not even have to shift. That's how much torque the F1's have. But fantasies will be just that.

Old 08-29-2000, 12:15 PM

My "Sarcasm detector" is ringing off the charts.. *beep* *beep* *beep*
Old 08-29-2000, 12:16 PM

MaxRX7, I don't know what you're talking about. She was racing all out man, I know, I heard her shift. Those things aren't that fast, a waste of $1,000,000 if you ask me. I think the max represented that night.
Old 08-29-2000, 12:34 PM

Originally posted by deathwish

MaxRX7, I don't know what you're talking about. She was racing all out man, I know, I heard her shift. Those things aren't that fast, a waste of $1,000,000 if you ask me. I think the max represented that night.
LOL!!!!

go wings, unless they're playing the KINGS!!
Old 08-29-2000, 03:49 PM

I am dying of lauging my *** off, stop it

lol
Old 08-29-2000, 05:10 PM

I get dibs on your wheels if you do go! Mmm.. Borbet Type R's *drool*
Old 08-29-2000, 05:38 PM

yeah yeah yeah yeah...

and i failed to tell y'all when i was at texas world speedway a month or so ago scaring the nsxers...aj foyt was there...yup, has a place just west of houston and one of the road courses at tws is his (he paid to have it built)...he tests his cars there or whatever

anyway, had one of his irl cart whatever cars (am i a disgrace to the male race if i don't really know what he drives?)

i lapped him not once but twice!!! on the front straight i blew by him so hard he almost spun out and on turn 9 i came up on him so hard i almost rear ended him.

after that run group he got out and congratulated me and my "big old sedan" and told me next run group i could drive his car...

ahhhh...guess i should go home now, i'm getting a little delirious!

Robert

Old 11-11-2001, 04:05 PM
Administrator

good kill
Old 11-11-2001, 04:34 PM

Now toasting a McLaren F1 is one thing .... with minor mods I am sure even the 1st gen that wants MOTM for dec could do it. Come back and post when you have successfuly killed a SAAB. Now don't come back with some story about a 93 or 95, If you take a SAAB Gripen I will be truly impressed.

After all would you rather have 25 F1s or 1 SAAB?

To check one out go to www.gripen.com.

Old 11-11-2001, 04:41 PM

i HAVE seen a mclaren f1, got pictures to prove it, in fact it is the exact car that was on the cover of that r&t, the guy lives here in texas and owns an oil company as well as some race team in florida, it is an incredibly pimp car
Old 11-11-2001, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by RedMax95
i HAVE seen a mclaren f1, got pictures to prove it, in fact it is the exact car that was on the cover of that r&t, the guy lives here in texas and owns an oil company as well as some race team in florida, it is an incredibly pimp car
Actually Matress Mac has one (If you have ever seen late night commercials in Houston this will mean something.)

Old 11-11-2001, 04:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have got you all beat by a mile. It raced a kid on a tricycle last night. I was a fast and furious effort that blended the abilities of our incredible driving machines and our abilities as drivers.

The 160hp V6 was roaring and my automagic was only taking 5-6 seconds to change gears, but alas, I was beaten. He passed me doing at least 5 mph and finished the quarter mile in under 3 minutes.

The Max limped home with its tail between its legs.
Old 11-11-2001, 06:02 PM

she could have started out in 5th and whent to 6th then you would win
Old 11-11-2001, 07:08 PM

my uncle' & dad's boss had one. he keeps it at his airport. my uncle went for a ride in it...lucky bastard. arent there only like 7 in the united states?
Old 11-11-2001, 08:10 PM

she played u!

she just wanted u to pay for dinner!
Old 11-11-2001, 08:16 PM

old thread alert
Old 11-11-2001, 08:27 PM

sprint
Old 11-11-2001, 08:33 PM

yes, one in texas, ralph lauren supposedly owns 2, ive heard jay leno has one, there is a place in the dupot registry that had one, and another place called the stable in fla that had two
Old 11-11-2001, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by deathwish

I was cruising down 161, it was a cool clear night, just out enjoying the ride. I glanced in my rear view mirror, and noticed something low slung coming at me with fog lights glaring. Great, another riceboy civic I thought. It was coming up pretty fast, and when it got close enough I noticed it looked a little to low to be even a slammed civic. Finally it pulled up next to me. It wasn't a slammed civic, it wasn't even a civic at all! Next to me was a shiny McLaren F1, jet black, and it was looking for some action.

My eyes started low down scoping out the wheels, the brake vents, the door handles, finally I glanced up at the driver. Damn, a chick! Every bit as striking as the car, what a combo! I notice she's matching pace and scoping out the max as we pull up to a light.

As we stop, she rolls down the window. I follow suit, nervously swallowing the lump in my throat. She says, "Nice ride, whatcha got in it?" I calmly respond "3 liter 190 HP DOHC V6, and you?" She says "627 HP 370 cubic inch V12". I nervously swallow again, as she asks "Wanna race?" I ask what's in it for me, she says "You win, you get to take me to dinner." I ask, "What if I lose". She says "I get to take you to dinner."

Either way, I figure I'm doing pretty damn good, so it's on. I rev her up a little, the intake giving a mean growl that could almost be heard over the roar of her mighty v12... The light turns green, and it's go time! I get the jump, her massive 18 inch performance radials just spin under the torque of the engine. I laugh, I've so got her now! My mighty Dunlops finally hook up, and the max surges forward like a bullet from a 45. I glance in the rearview and see headlights gaining, she finally got some traction and is headed my way.

Up to 30 mph now, we're neck and neck! I make the shift to second, speedshifting, no time to be nice to the ride now. Back in the powerband, I begin to pull ahead. At 40 mph, I hear her going for 2nd. I hear a grind as she falls back several car lenghts. She missed, she missed the shift! The massive force required to depress the clutch has proved to be a challenge to her delicate shapely legs! I smile as I increase my lead. But, by 50 she's back up with me, beginning to pull ahead. What's going on? There's no way she can be spanking me like this... About this time I notice an odd smell, kinda like burning brakes. Wait, the emergency brake is still on! Cursing myself, I release it and the max shoots forward like a bat out of hell. I close the lead and give her a smile as I pass by.

Up to 80 now, I've got about a 1 car lead. I'm staring intently at the tach, ready to make the perfect shift to third, when some movement catches the corner of my eye. Two glowing spheres in the road, what's that? As my headlights light up the road, I see the source, a groundhog is crossing the road. Sensing the avoiding doom, he is frozen with that groundhog in the headlights look in his eye. Poor guy, but this is no time for animal kindness, and I must sacrifice him to the gods of the race. With my foot to the floor, the little groundhog ends his time on this earth.

Up to 100 now, and it's neck and neck. We're nearing the designated finish line, both cars straining with every ounce of power. As I hold 4th, she shifts into 3rd, right out of the powerband. I pull ahead 1/2 car length and dash across the finish. i did it! Yes, the maxima has stood up to a challegne once again. We pull over, exchange phone numbers, and make a plan for friday night. Oh yeah, the max is still champ and I've got a hot date for the weekend. Yes folks, it doesn't get much better than this.
bored much?