General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How to Remove Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 06:41 PM

How to Remove Fog Lights

Okay, got my replacement Xenon bulbs today. I have all the side marker ones in and the headlights in. SWEET! Okay - how do I remove the fog lights in order to replace those bulbs? Please someone help - as of now I have white headlights and yellow fog lights. The manual doesn't have directions and the lights didn't come with any.

Thanks in advance,
luvmymax

Old 10-24-2001, 06:56 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: How to Remove Fog Lights

i'm pretty sure the owner's manual shows how to swap the fog bulb. just unscrew the plastic piece on the side on the foglight and then pop it out; then unscrew the bulb from the fog lamp.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:16 PM

Re: Re: How to Remove Fog Lights

Originally posted by NickStam
i'm pretty sure the owner's manual shows how to swap the fog bulb. just unscrew the plastic piece on the side on the foglight and then pop it out; then unscrew the bulb from the fog lamp.
Um... I am lost - there is nothing to unscrew next to fog light. The lamp itself is set back into the lower bumper. I tried to feel under the car, but it is solid plastic. Is there something I unscrew underneath.

By the way, I have a 2001 SE, if that helps anyone. Sorry, I forgot to mention.

Thanks,
luvmymax

(My manual says for fog light information, to contact the dealer.)
Old 10-24-2001, 07:31 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: Re: How to Remove Fog Lights

on the 4th gen, there is a plastic piece on the inner side of the foglight. it seems to be different on yours.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:46 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to Remove Fog Lights

Thanks for responding. I went out and looked at my car - nothing. I can barely get my fingers on the sides of these lights. I tried to twist and turn - nada. I tried tugging on it a bit, seems like it might pull off, but didn't want to rip my whole bumper off.

Thanks for your help. I will send an email to my salesman!

Melissa
Old 10-24-2001, 11:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to Remove Fog Lights

Originally posted by luvmymax
Thanks for responding. I went out and looked at my car - nothing. I can barely get my fingers on the sides of these lights. I tried to twist and turn - nada. I tried tugging on it a bit, seems like it might pull off, but didn't want to rip my whole bumper off.

Thanks for your help. I will send an email to my salesman!

Melissa
Hey Melissa,

This link will help you do it just fine with no problem. You do however gotta get down and dirty on the floor. Cause you have to remove some 3 or so clips off the bottom splash gaurd.

Chaning Fog light Bulbs

Plus, you should've posted this in the 5th gen forum, you would have gotten a quicker response.

Dixit
Old 10-25-2001, 01:08 AM

Re: How to Remove Fog Lights

Originally posted by luvmymax

Okay, got my replacement Xenon bulbs today. I have all the side marker ones in and the headlights in. SWEET! Okay - how do I remove the fog lights in order to replace those bulbs? Please someone help - as of now I have white headlights and yellow fog lights. The manual doesn't have directions and the lights didn't come with any.

Thanks in advance,
luvmymax

Find a high curb and drive in to it! That should do it