General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Bird Crap - Gone

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 06:56 PM

Bird Crap - Gone

Some of you may remember that I made a post a week or two ago about my hubby's new merlot Max getting crapped on (by a bird). I tried everything and it would not come off - looked like it bubbled the paint.

Well, what do I know? He took it back to the dealer today and my salesman put Turtle Wax Mirror Glaze on it. Took it right off. Said he hardly had to rub it out at all! I was surpirsed.

Well, just thought I would pass that on incase anyone gets stuck with something on their paint that is really hard to remove.

luvmymax

Old 10-24-2001, 09:48 PM

what was so difficult about that? Most people know that an abrasive compound should remove the burn marks from the crap.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by got rice?
what was so difficult about that? Most people know that an abrasive compound should remove the burn marks from the crap.
Chill there buddy, SHE did not know, we aint ALL "ALKNOWING"
Old 10-25-2001, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Chill there buddy, SHE did not know, we aint ALL "ALKNOWING"
Someone could've gave an answer last week in the first post; there's no need for her to take the vehicle to the dealer.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by got rice?
Yeah - well that should have been the case. I tried Meguiar's Quik Detailer, Meguiar's Scratch X and Crystal System Polish and Cleaner Wax, I also tried a clay bar. Nothing took this out - it was even pretty smooth to the touch when I was finished and was the original color of the paint. That is why I couldn't figure out what was happening - kind of like an impression.

So, yes, for your information, I did try items with mild abrasives. I am pretty good friends with my salesman, so I asked if he would mind taking a look. I was worried because of how everyone always posts problems with Maxima paint.

I thought I was passing along a helpful hint, but I'll know next time. I don't know what it is about this website and smart remarks, but they are everywhere.