General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Who will not buy another Maxima/Nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 08:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Who will not buy another Maxima/Nissan?

With all the posts about the new Altima, Sentra, and Maxima, I would like to know who in here would go elsewhere the next time they buy a car? Yes, I would definitely look elsewhere for my next car purchase. I love the Maxima, but I can't see myself buying another Maxima or Nissan. It's not that I don't like the new Altima, Maxima, Sentra, or Z, I just like changes. My next car might not even be a new car. Might be an used MKIV SupraTT, M3, or S4. Ok, I will make one exception, an used 300ZXTT.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:03 PM

G35 my man...G35
Old 10-30-2001, 09:10 PM

I think the only thing that will look better then the max will be the Wrx sti or the Lancer Evo
Old 10-30-2001, 09:28 PM
PhatGuy

Good chance I'll do the G35 6spd next.

Old 10-30-2001, 09:29 PM

Re: Who will not buy another Maxima/Nissan?

Originally posted by Cumalot
With all the posts about the new Altima, Sentra, and Maxima, I would like to know who in here would go elsewhere the next time they buy a car? Yes, I would definitely look elsewhere for my next car purchase. I love the Maxima, but I can't see myself buying another Maxima or Nissan. It's not that I don't like the new Altima, Maxima, Sentra, or Z, I just like changes. My next car might not even be a new car. Might be an used MKIV SupraTT, M3, or S4. Ok, I will make one exception, an used 300ZXTT.
i dont know i would rather have a 300zxtt than a supra.. i dont know why. M3 or S4, M3 all the way... S4 is nice, but NA 333hp is lovely... and the thrill of oversteer.. priceless
Old 10-30-2001, 09:35 PM

Comapring Max's to M3's to S4's is like comparing apples to oranges to grapes.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:36 PM

Re: Re: Who will not buy another Maxima/Nissan?

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

i dont know i would rather have a 300zxtt than a supra.. i dont know why. M3 or S4, M3 all the way... S4 is nice, but NA 333hp is lovely... and the thrill of oversteer.. priceless

Yeah, a M3 would be exciting. Plus, you can actually sit more than two people! I think buying one of those used cars is a better way to go then to buy a new car. Unless, of course, you have a lot money.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Who will not buy another Maxima/Nissan?

Yeah, a M3 would be exciting. Plus, you can actually sit more than two people! I think buying one of those used cars is a better way to go then to buy a new car. Unless, of course, you have a lot money.
300zxtt
Old 10-30-2001, 09:40 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I've been thinking about that too....if I was to go with a "newer" car(assuming I had some bank) I'd go with maybe an IS300, 2002 CL-S, or 2002 Escalade....if I went "slightly" used, I'd go with MKIV Supra or '96 black Impala SS(if I could find one).....but yeah no more Nissans or Max's for me!
Old 10-30-2001, 10:09 PM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by DA-MAX
I've been thinking about that too....if I was to go with a "newer" car(assuming I had some bank) I'd go with maybe an IS300, 2002 CL-S, or 2002 Escalade....if I went "slightly" used, I'd go with MKIV Supra or '96 black Impala SS(if I could find one).....but yeah no more Nissans or Max's for me!
Your sig is disturbing!

Old 10-30-2001, 10:16 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Lancer EVO VII
Old 10-30-2001, 10:16 PM

Originally posted by PhatGuy

Your sig is disturbing!
hell yea
Old 10-30-2001, 10:22 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Your sig is disturbing!
you know you love it .....the first step to realizing that the Aztek is the right car for you is to recognize that you are in denial about its amazing and stunning looks! don't cheat yourself out of recognizing what a TRUE SUV really is.....
Old 10-30-2001, 10:25 PM

i used to want a q45 but the more i hear about the g35....
Old 10-30-2001, 10:25 PM

Yea i've been looking a lot at the 02' WRX. I'd just have to get the headlights converted.
Old 10-30-2001, 10:56 PM

I would, I just don't think I will.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:13 PM

I will never buy another used car again......I'm a perfectionist about my car...and it was REALLY hard buying a used maxima..that already had chips....key marks, interior wear...and everything else...I really don't think I could do it again. I want to start out with something that is virtually perfect...and keep it as close to that as I can. I do love my maxima though...and there is a great chance that I will get another nissan....possibly a new maxima eventually. Of all the cars I've owned, I've had this one for the most miles...with less problems than any of the others.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:18 PM

Like I said before I'm NEVER buying another Nissan/Infiniti car again. I think these cars blow and theres too much imperfection.

I'm sticking with Toyota/Lexus, but hopefully BMW will be in the future.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:25 PM

I will buy a Nissan again in the future...probably distant future. Im selling my max because it just isnt fast enough. With CAI, Y, Cat, and exhaust its still in the 16's...granted its at 5000 feet, but still - come on now! I'll probably be getting a '95 Talon TSI AWD in about 2-3 weeks. Its running a 13.2 at the same altitude with only a few mods, including new turbo. I know that car will be much faster than the maxima ever can. I will come back to Nissan when they make the G35 in the TT version.

Kirk
Old 10-30-2001, 11:35 PM

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo
I will buy a Nissan again in the future...probably distant future. Im selling my max because it just isnt fast enough. With CAI, Y, Cat, and exhaust its still in the 16's...granted its at 5000 feet, but still - come on now! I'll probably be getting a '95 Talon TSI AWD in about 2-3 weeks. Its running a 13.2 at the same altitude with only a few mods, including new turbo. I know that car will be much faster than the maxima ever can. I will come back to Nissan when they make the G35 in the TT version.

Kirk
if you wanted a "go fast" car why did you get the max in the first place...it's NOT a straight line car. Never was...never will be.

Be carful with that talon....'95 was a year full of problems with the eclipse/talons....I have a buddy with a '95 eclipse...who just blew his engine...and he didn't even have a turbo upgrade....jsut bolt ons. It may be fast...but you'll pay out the @ss fixing it.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:40 PM

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

if you wanted a "go fast" car why did you get the max in the first place...it's NOT a straight line car. Never was...never will be.

Be carful with that talon....'95 was a year full of problems with the eclipse/talons....I have a buddy with a '95 eclipse...who just blew his engine...and he didn't even have a turbo upgrade....jsut bolt ons. It may be fast...but you'll pay out the @ss fixing it.
The max was free

The talon is in excellent condition, all upgrades have been done at a performance shop and there are receipts for all the work. Im having a mechanic look it over this weekend. It may cost more in the long run, but I dont mind, I just want a 9 second car that will be street legal.(this is where it comes in handy to live somewhere that doesnt have emissions restrictions AT ALL - Good ol' Pueblo Colorado)

Kirk

AWD is a plus too
Old 10-30-2001, 11:47 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

my next project: Turbo is300 manual.... hehe. that's my present to my self when i get a fulltime job...

im trying to convince my dad to get the s2000.. cuz u know how retired people are. heheh... trying to tell him he has midlife crisis and its time fora nice yellow one.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:50 PM

The max was free

The talon is in excellent condition, all upgrades have been done at a performance shop and there are receipts for all the work. Im having a mechanic look it over this weekend. It may cost more in the long run, but I dont mind, I just want a 9 second car that will be street legal.(this is where it comes in handy to live somewhere that doesnt have emissions restrictions AT ALL - Good ol' Pueblo Colorado)

Kirk

AWD is a plus too
becareful with that AWD and high horsepower...many poeple have been known to blow transfer cases on those suckers..and replacement is mucho $$$$$....I know a guy who has a 12 flat eclipse GSX...and he is on his EIGHTH ACT clutch....yes I said EIGHTH. It's in the interest of saving his tranny and transfer case. He slips the clutch like crazy on his launch....and his car is a 12 flat car....not anywhere remotely NEAR a 9 second DSM. a 9 second car is NOT a streetable car...
Old 10-30-2001, 11:54 PM

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

becareful with that AWD and high horsepower...many poeple have been known to blow transfer cases on those suckers..and replacement is mucho $$$$$....I know a guy who has a 12 flat eclipse GSX...and he is on his EIGHTH ACT clutch....yes I said EIGHTH. It's in the interest of saving his tranny and transfer case. He slips the clutch like crazy on his launch....and his car is a 12 flat car....not anywhere remotely NEAR a 9 second DSM. a 9 second car is NOT a streetable car...
I didnt say I'd drive it on the street, only that it would be legal for me to do so. Im serious, I can run intake, headers/down pipe, test pipe, and straight pipe out the back if I wanted to and the cops here cant do anything about it. I do know they have bad TC's but that is all part of the game you play to get below 10. Go to www.extrememotorspots.com - they have time slips for a 9.104 second talon, I believe it is a '95. That is what I will eventually have. I really appreciate you telling me to watch out, others have as well and Im glad they have. Its just that Im willing to make sacrifices for that kind of speed.

Kirk
Old 10-30-2001, 11:56 PM

I didnt say I'd drive it on the street, only that it would be legal for me to do so. Im serious, I can run intake, headers/down pipe, test pipe, and straight pipe out the back if I wanted to and the cops here cant do anything about it. I do know they have bad TC's but that is all part of the game you play to get below 10. Go to www.extrememotorspots.com - they have time slips for a 9.104 second talon, I believe it is a '95. That is what I will eventually have. I really appreciate you telling me to watch out, others have as well and Im glad they have. Its just that Im willing to make sacrifices for that kind of speed.

Kirk
that's cool....more power to ya!
Old 10-31-2001, 02:28 AM

well i like my infiniti and im stickin to it!
Old 10-31-2001, 03:35 AM

I'm not...

I am already bankn' for a Subaru WRX STi. Otherwise I will get an Audi. Whatever I get it will have AWD.

Lovejoy
Old 10-31-2001, 03:38 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Good chance I'll do the G35 6spd next.
I hear you and second that!
Old 10-31-2001, 05:27 AM

Maybe a G35 >>

But, because I am looking for something with improved handling and road manners, I'm leaning towards something Bavarian.

The Maxima has become too large for my taste, and as attractive as the pricing may be, I don't see myself buying it. The Altima's styling totally turns me off.
Old 10-31-2001, 05:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm leaning toward a new Z. I'm gonna wait to see if there are bugs but I doubt there will be many. The cockpit looks awsome in the pics, I need to see it in person though. Probablity of buying new Z = 95%
Old 10-31-2001, 06:15 AM

I'm still not sure. I'll get either a new Maxima or a pre-owned certified BMW (540i or M3).
Old 10-31-2001, 06:25 AM

not selling my Max

..until it's last breath, but I do intend to be the first person in the neighbourhood with a new Austin Mini Cooper S
Old 10-31-2001, 06:27 AM

I am going to go with a Silver S4 in about a year or so. I like the 6spd and the capability of make the turbo scream! A chip, exhaust, and that AWD system says 13's all over it and you have the comfort and style to go with it!

Don't get me wrong, I love my maxima but I just want MORE power! I am not going to put a SC or NOS on the max because of warranty issues.
Old 10-31-2001, 06:32 AM

Re: Who will not buy another Maxima/Nissan?

If I was going to replace my max with another vehicle I would get a toyota pickup truck. I know, I know it's blasphemy to say such things but a truck is a better fit for my lifestyle now. However if I were still in the market for a car I would get the '02 6-spd max. I have a motorcycle to fullfill my need for speed.
Old 10-31-2001, 06:46 AM

Hmmmm Im with Brian on that DSM note...those cars are hard to maintain for daily driving habits let alone a modded one...trust me on this one...my cuz has one sitting in the garage right now modded to the heels but always full of problems....I actually was going to buy it before I bought my max...and the thing is it's been professoinaly taken care of since day one...

My next car would either be an S4 or the G35 I doubt if I get a new max...but wouldn't rule it out..but i'll cough up the extra few bucks for the g35 if it comes in manual......if NOT S4 it is oh yeah and of course in SILVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 10-31-2001, 07:31 AM

i was just at BMW's website, looking up the 0-60's on the M3 and M5, and guess what, they were the same! both are claimed to do it in 4.8, i know the M5 is heavier and bigger than the M3, but it has 60hp more, thats pretty significant. other than the size of the M5 it really doesn't have much over the M3 if the performance is the same, plus the M3 is a hell of a lot cheaper. well, like it matters, i'm not gonna be seeing those cars in my future(maybe )

how fast are the S4's?
Old 10-31-2001, 07:51 AM

My name says it all. I'm keeping the max until I can swing a BMW. There just isn't anything else out there worth the money that will perform better for what I want to do.
Old 10-31-2001, 08:10 AM

i know i wont get another max...possible nissan.. i want a used m3 or s4.....mmmmm awd
Old 10-31-2001, 08:30 AM

I will definitely get a Nissan again. Yeah, the service kind of blows, but I've never had a single problem with anything. One of my friends just bought a new 330i, and is having massive electrical failure. My next door neighbor finally received his new M3, only to burn out one of the mucho expensivo HIDs within a day. And yeah, all of that stuff is covered under a warranty, but its a pain in the _***, and to me is a sign of things to expect in the future. For what you pay for, I think Nissan's are probably the best money can buy. Sure I'd love to own an M5 and have extra money for repairs (once I spend 3 weeks waiting for a service appointment)...but I have to be realistic.
Old 10-31-2001, 09:06 AM

The one thing that is great about my Maxima is that it has been relatively trouble free. I was a former Chevy and Pontiac owner, so I was kind of used to having problems. That's the main reason why I went with Nissan, imports specifically. No more domestics for me, I don't care if they are fast, just not worth all the troubles that will pop up.

The Lancer EVO does sound very tempting whenever it gets here. It's either the Lancer EVO, SupraTT, or M3.

Quick Reply: Who will not buy another Maxima/Nissan?