General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Good ol Bose....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001 | 07:07 PM

Good ol Bose....

ok i may have posted on here before regarding my stereo but ive discovered new problems with it....

the stereo i have: stock Bose cass/FM-AM on 1992 SE

the general problem: driver side speakers (both F and R) are lower/quieter than the passenger sides....to make them sound even the balance **** needs to be set about 3/4 to the driver sides...in a nutshell, the passenger side speakers are more dominant than the driver sides.........this is affected more i find from my using a car kit in the tape deck plugged into a discman (compared to using the radio) when i first start driving (like after the car sits for awhile) and play the discman all is fine but then it acts up as i drive for some time and play the discman..ill get these thumping and static noises particularly in the driver door speaker and sometimes ill hear road noises through it also. Originally i thought it was the speakers alone but now i think something may be up in the deck because the speakers act up more when i use the discman as opposed to the radio.

i DONT want to get a complete set of aftermarket speakers and deck because of price...i either want to get this bose fixed or find another set from another max at a junk yard maybe..or possibly any of you may have any sets for sale...?

also, if i dont find a bose set(speakers and/or deck) from a 92, would sets from a 89, 90, 91, 93, or 94 fit? (preferrably sets with CDs..i can cut out that pop out cup holder tray if needed)

~thanx to any who help
Old 11-03-2001 | 10:07 PM

you will get more helpful responses if you post this in the audio/electronics forum.

I dont know how the bose set up is but I had the same thing with my system- amp+subwoofers. I hear road noises through them and what i found out is that my bass gain **** was set too high so it picks up all sorts of sounds. I just turned it down until they went away.
Old 11-04-2001 | 09:22 AM

maybe its the discman, not the speakers??
Old 11-04-2001 | 02:57 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

There's usually an adjustment to align the discman tape adaptor to your cars tape deck head. If there not aligned properly your left and right will be uneven. Most adaptors have selector switches on them to "play with" until you get crisp, clear, even sound from your system.

If all else fails, get yourself the FM CD changer and put it in the trunk. Tune your FM to something like 87.1 or whatever the kits says and you get CD's played through your FM radio.