General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone using EUROLITE bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 06:14 AM

Anyone using EUROLITE bulbs?

For those of us who can't afford HID conversions, has anyone used the Eurolite bulbs? They have a new one which they claim is filled with a combination of gases which make it 30% brighter with stock wattage.

Anyone using Eurolites? What do you think?

Here is a link where I ordered then for $19.94:
http://www.macromotive.com/shopping/...2.104.0.3698.0
Old 11-10-2001, 06:18 AM

I'm using Eurolite Fusions 9004...They don't look blue enough to get me pulled over, they give off a bright white with a tint of blue..and its just as bright as stock...but better dispersion..cause I can see the sides better, it doesn't cut off like it did with the stock lights.
Old 11-10-2001, 10:09 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

ya i had them in my old max and they were ok. i'm getting PIAA for this one though.
Old 11-10-2001, 10:31 AM

Catz Galaxy Whites 01
Catz Galaxy Whites 02
Catz Galaxy Whites 03
Catz Galaxy Whites 04

Look like HID's to me

$50/pr at Autobulbdepot.

Don't get the H3's, you can clearly see that they don't match. Bulb gives off yellowish light around the sides and white light off the top and bottom (best seen in pic 4).

I do not recommend these:

Philips Bluevision/Sylvania Cool Blues...lose color and brightness over short time span (couple months)
Old 11-10-2001, 11:22 AM

Agree about Blue Vision

I had tried the Phillips Blue Vision in my 2000 I30 but they were bad! The light out put on the road was somewhat whiter than stock but tooo dim! The stock bulbs (9006 Sylvaina HP) were much brighter than the Blue Visions.

I'll be curious to see how the Eurolites look when I get them.
Old 11-10-2001, 11:34 AM

Re: Agree about Blue Vision

Originally posted by sascuderi
I had tried the Phillips Blue Vision in my 2000 I30 but they were bad! The light out put on the road was somewhat whiter than stock but tooo dim! The stock bulbs (9006 Sylvaina HP) were much brighter than the Blue Visions.

I'll be curious to see how the Eurolites look when I get them.
I love how the moderators didn't even bother admitting that they were wrong on the Philips and apologizing to GTRBlkMax97 after insulting him yesterday (and he should apologize to the moderators as well). I love how I didn't get an apology after one of the moderators basically challenged my ability to read the words "blue", "vision", and "Philips".

You guys have left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm sure many other .Org members are a little bit disenchanted by your actions and behavior...Why can't you guys just be men and admit that someone else was right? We've now had 4 dissenting votes for Philips Bluevision/Sylvania Cool Blues and yet you guys stand by your tough guy know-it-all image. Why don't you guys try some other bulbs and see if you like those before you bash other bulbs as being "blue" and "rice". And I love how mature Bill is...getting the last word in like that and then locking the thread. He could have, more maturely, just locked the thread and left it at that instead of talking trash at the end and not letting anyone else reply. How old are you Bill? Probably a couple years my senior, and yet, if you look back at all the posts that I have typed, it's clear who shows a higher level of maturity.

What's funny is that you guys claim the bulb is not blue and never had a blue tint on them...these are Bluevisions correct? And since these are not HID gas discharge, there is no way the bulbs can put out "white" light unless there is some type of blue tint on the bulb itself. Even the links I sent you to the site that sells them shows pictures of them with a blue tint on them. Go ahead, make whatever excuses you guys want. That matter of the fact is that these bulbs had a light blue tint when purchased and then ended up looking worse than stock bulbs after a few months due to the tint burning off.
Old 11-10-2001, 03:13 PM

getting back to lighting......

For those considering HIDs,when I was searching the web I found a site that has the Phillips HID conversion kits for $400+, which is much lower than most other sites that want $600-700!

Here is the link:

http://www.procarparts.com/store/dis...al%20HID%20Kit

Old 11-10-2001, 03:41 PM

i have eurolites all around my car except the fog lights. i like them pretty good.
Old 11-10-2001, 04:45 PM
Master Will

Originally posted by black019
i have eurolites all around my car except the fog lights. i like them pretty good.
I do too....

I love My Eurolites
-XENON EUROLITE(#1157-Front Park Lights)=$4.50 each-Bought New From AIEOnline.com.
-XENON EUROLITE(#194-Front/Rear Side Markers)=$8.00 a pair-Bought New From AIEOnline.com.
-XENON EUROLITE(#9004-45/65W)Headlights=$16.99 a pair-Bought New From AIEOnline.com.
-EUROLITE L.E.D.(#1157-Park/Brake)=$7.50 each-Bought New From AIEOnline.com.
Old 11-10-2001, 06:20 PM

Re: Re: Agree about Blue Vision

Originally posted by NJ_MAX2000

I love how the moderators didn't even bother admitting that they were wrong on the Philips and apologizing to GTRBlkMax97 after insulting him yesterday (and he should apologize to the moderators as well). I love how I didn't get an apology after one of the moderators basically challenged my ability to read the words "blue", "vision", and "Philips".

You guys have left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm sure many other .Org members are a little bit disenchanted by your actions and behavior...Why can't you guys just be men and admit that someone else was right? We've now had 4 dissenting votes for Philips Bluevision/Sylvania Cool Blues and yet you guys stand by your tough guy know-it-all image. Why don't you guys try some other bulbs and see if you like those before you bash other bulbs as being "blue" and "rice". And I love how mature Bill is...getting the last word in like that and then locking the thread. He could have, more maturely, just locked the thread and left it at that instead of talking trash at the end and not letting anyone else reply. How old are you Bill? Probably a couple years my senior, and yet, if you look back at all the posts that I have typed, it's clear who shows a higher level of maturity.

What's funny is that you guys claim the bulb is not blue and never had a blue tint on them...these are Bluevisions correct? And since these are not HID gas discharge, there is no way the bulbs can put out "white" light unless there is some type of blue tint on the bulb itself. Even the links I sent you to the site that sells them shows pictures of them with a blue tint on them. Go ahead, make whatever excuses you guys want. That matter of the fact is that these bulbs had a light blue tint when purchased and then ended up looking worse than stock bulbs after a few months due to the tint burning off.
I would agree about the moderators. I think that most of them flat out suck--a big one! Jamie is the only one who I can see eye-to-eye with. I just ingnore the $hit that flies out of their mouths---it works for a while. Then you have the urge to flame em'---it's hard not to at times. You are right though....there are many others who don't like them either. However, they are afraid to voice their opinion for fear of being kicked off.
Old 11-10-2001, 06:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yet another thread about to go down the toilet. You want to talk about bulbs, talk about bulbs.

You want to talk about bad moderating, go do it in the Feedback Forum.

And so I didn't agree with NJ about the Philips BlueVision. I never said you couldn't read. You showed me the pics, fine. I said that I had no clue why your bulbs have tint on them and mine don't. I said that maybe H4's were different than 9004s. My 9004s Philips BlueVision look just as white and bright as the day I bought them a year ago.
Old 11-10-2001, 07:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

A buddy of mine has them...

They are nice.
-Cyrus
Old 11-11-2001, 10:06 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the input. I should be getting them this week. Also ordered my FTSB and just picked up a $19.99 torque wrench this morning. So, I am good to go!