General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

PLEASE HELP!!! My Lighting Mod Plans!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2001, 06:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

PLEASE HELP!!! My Lighting Mod Plans!!!

Hello all,

I recently just got my wife a 98' GXE (the concord mist color or something like that). It's got spoiler and the not-so-great 15" alloys.

Anyways, Im going to be getting some Eurolites Xenon Fusion regular wattage headlight bulbs and soon after I will be getting the clear bumper lenses. I was toying with the idea of swapping the wiring of my corner lights(beside the headlight) with my blinker lights so as to have the the front bumper lights stay on at all times kinda like fog lights. With this done I want to run a yellow bulb in the bumper light so as to have the same look as the Lexus IS300 or as close as possible to it. Then I will have the corner lamps as my blinkers(so they aren't on all the time) and I preferably like to run a yellow bulb in there as well. Now for my questions:

1)What will I have to do special to have the front bumper lights stay at maximum brightness(27 watts for those bulbs) all the time?

2)What will I have to do to have the corner lights(my new blinkers) blink at full brightness(22 or 27 watts???), and stay of totally when not blinking?

3)Do you think it would be to questionable(illegal) to have yellow blinkers as apposed to orange/amber?

Oh yeah, I decided not to run a bulb/light at all in the side bumper lenses, due to the fact that I think that's one too many lights and i don't feel like matching them up with my other lights.
Old 11-30-2001, 06:37 AM

All of your answers are right here.

Cheston/Chebosto's Website

http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~cheston/how2menu.html
Old 11-30-2001, 07:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by medicsonic
All of your answers are right here.

Cheston/Chebosto's Website

http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~cheston/how2menu.html
yes, I've seen that web site but im not sure if that is the same thing that i wanna do. I mean i see the tutorials on "How to rewire your corner lights" and "How to rewire your blinkers", but I wish that guy wrote above the instructions what exactly is being accomplished by following the instructions.

I understand the "How to rewire your corner lights". That makes the corner light run at full brightness. But, what is the "How to rewire your blinkers"??? What is that supposed to do?

Thanks
Old 11-30-2001, 07:56 AM
Administrator

let your blinkers stay on all the time and blink when needed..
Originally posted by LilMax

yes, I've seen that web site but im not sure if that is the same thing that i wanna do. I mean i see the tutorials on "How to rewire your corner lights" and "How to rewire your blinkers", but I wish that guy wrote above the instructions what exactly is being accomplished by following the instructions.

I understand the "How to rewire your corner lights". That makes the corner light run at full brightness. But, what is the "How to rewire your blinkers"??? What is that supposed to do?

Thanks
Old 11-30-2001, 08:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by SprintMax
let your blinkers stay on all the time and blink when needed..
Well I'll be!!!!! Thank you! What are your thoughts on having the front blinkers yellow instead of orange/amber?? You think that's asking for trouble? I don't see why it would.
Old 11-30-2001, 08:23 AM

That shouldn't be a problem at all.
Old 11-30-2001, 08:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by medicsonic
That shouldn't be a problem at all.
So let me get this straight, if i do both of those mods(the ones listed in my response to you) then if my parking/headlights are off then both the corner light and the front blinker will blink at the same time, and then when I turn the parking/headlights on then the corner light and blinker light will alternate each other when i turn the blinkers on? Now what if I have my parking/headlights on and Im just crusing with NO blinkers on at all, will both the parking/corner light and the bumper light stay on at full wattage?

Thank again in advance.