General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Powerade In Gas Tank

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:07 AM

wow get outta here. this is a maxima forum. plus what you posted is not even relivant to the thread!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:02 AM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

Old 12-08-2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by choray911
It wasnt raw cane sugar, it was already diluted. Its not like it was running on pure haterade. Plus it already had Seafoam, it would be fine.
Its been tested. Start at 6:40.
yeah because a carborated engine is going to preform the exact same as a FI (not forced induction) engine in terms of fuel management and distribution

i love the show but... I hope you dont run to the bank with everything adam and jamie do. . .

Last edited by mist max2000; 12-08-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by timmera
gas mileage per tank help
Hey im new to the mustang scene. My car (listed in sig) get between 140-170 miles per tank of gas. I dont have a check engine light so i dont think that its o2 sensors. also i can smell that the car is running rich. other than that can you guys think of any other things that can be causing the car to suck down gas this badly. BTW im not driving it hard. sorry if this has been posted before and thanks for the help
talking about a Mustang on a Maxima forum+spam in sig= GTFO :ban:
Old 12-08-2009, 12:01 PM

Hey im new to the mustang scene. My car (listed in sig) get between 140-170 miles per tank of gas. I dont have a check engine light so i dont think that its o2 sensors. also i can smell that the car is running rich. other than that can you guys think of any other things that can be causing the car to suck down gas this badly. BTW im not driving it hard. sorry if this has been posted before and thanks for the help
Get outta my thread!

Oh and you should check your air filter, fuel filter, and spark plugs to see if they are okay
Old 12-08-2009, 10:36 PM

Spammer Fail...lazy *** probably pastes this into multiple car forums
Old 12-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Don't you know who I am?

I know I'm in this WAY too late cuz I don't browse these forums much anymore, but I have to say that in all honesty...

If this happened to me I would have just driven the damn thing. Seriously, I can't see that being a big deal. The larger 32 oz bottles of Powerade contain a total of 56 grams of sugar, so half that would be 28 grams of sugar.

That's LESS than 6 of those domino sugar cubes, dilluted by over 17 gallons of premium Octane plus seafoam.

Dropping the gas tank for that? Not me.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rydicule
I know I'm in this WAY too late cuz I don't browse these forums much anymore, but I have to say that in all honesty...

If this happened to me I would have just driven the damn thing. Seriously, I can't see that being a big deal. The larger 32 oz bottles of Powerade contain a total of 56 grams of sugar, so half that would be 28 grams of sugar.

That's LESS than 6 of those domino sugar cubes, dilluted by over 17 gallons of premium Octane plus seafoam.

Dropping the gas tank for that? Not me.
On one hand I am inclined to agree, but I'd have constant nagging worry that if something else were to get messed up it would be more work than siphoning the tank, dropping it, flushing it, and putting it back into the car.

Pain, yes, but compared to fuel pump, pressure regulators and the injectors?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by homeyclaus
On one hand I am inclined to agree, but I'd have constant nagging worry that if something else were to get messed up it would be more work than siphoning the tank, dropping it, flushing it, and putting it back into the car.

Pain, yes, but compared to fuel pump, pressure regulators and the injectors?
Yep yep, although it was completely not fun and almost ridiculous how lame taking the tank out, I wouldn't want to have the problem spread over the entire fuel system if a problem ever did happen.

And also I read that a way to kill a car was to pour sugar into the gas tank and although that amount of sugar might be a loooooot more than whats in the powerade, it is just scary.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:55 AM

Argh ... proxy server at work double-tapped me.

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
Yep yep, although it was completely not fun and almost ridiculous how lame taking the tank out, I wouldn't want to have the problem spread over the entire fuel system if a problem ever did happen.

And also I read that a way to kill a car was to pour sugar into the gas tank and although that amount of sugar might be a loooooot more than whats in the powerade, it is just scary.
I am not sure it's a question of quantity, but where the crystals previously dissolved in water decide to re-form (like after filters, in components designed with the assumption that fuel would be filtered). Driving until your tank were empty a few times right away "might" get it out on its own.

Crystallized sugar would just clog the sock filter. What happens to a saturated sugar solution when some of it re-crystallizes after the fuel filter, say when the temperature were to drop could cause all sorts of very weird things to happen, since not only will it crystallize, it'll start start fusing into sticky stuff in all the wrong places.

Then there are those acids, vitamins, and other "energy" magic stuff

Last edited by homeyclaus; 12-15-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
I'd go the route of dry gas additive, maybe two or three bottles.
Fuel floats on water, so your going to start burning some of that stuff as soon as you start to drive it. It it runs OK with the dry gas additive, I'd drive it around as much as possible to get that tank burned up quickly. Use the dry gas for the next couple of fill ups too. You might be ok.
agreed if you dont have the time, patience, or equipment to drop tank.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:15 PM

wow thats crazy lmao but i would agree with the other guys above^^^
Old 12-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Better to drop the tank than to drop an engine.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by homeyclaus
Argh ... proxy server at work double-tapped me.

I am not sure it's a question of quantity, but where the crystals previously dissolved in water decide to re-form (like after filters, in components designed with the assumption that fuel would be filtered). Driving until your tank were empty a few times right away "might" get it out on its own.

Crystallized sugar would just clog the sock filter. What happens to a saturated sugar solution when some of it re-crystallizes after the fuel filter, say when the temperature were to drop could cause all sorts of very weird things to happen, since not only will it crystallize, it'll start start fusing into sticky stuff in all the wrong places.

Then there are those acids, vitamins, and other "energy" magic stuff
Yeah, I mean the lemon-lime flavor has got to be corrosive haha! But yes, I agree there are too many chemicals and too many factors. But I think if I were to immediately drive the entire tank away then it might be okay, but I don't see how I can drive 300 miles in one day since it was at full when it happened
Old 12-19-2009, 12:28 AM

drop the tank
Old 12-19-2009, 12:29 AM

yes im trying to get 15 posts to make a classified im selling track rims nice condition
Old 12-19-2009, 12:30 AM

so excuse my annoyingance
Old 12-19-2009, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by kidred350z
so excuse my annoyingance
The only thing you're going to get is a ban if the mods catch you. If selling it's that important, check the user list to see if a mod is online. PM them and ask about making a listing...
Old 12-19-2009, 03:12 PM

Haha my threads seem to be spam magnets, I wonder if that is a good thing or bad thing.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:38 PM

i cannot believe how many spammers are on lately

Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 AM

Late on this but wow what an experience.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:37 AM

Guess your nephew will never live this one down.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:18 PM

I dont know if these cars have anything to prevent syphoning, but if not, Id syphon some of that out. Guess what bottles make great makeshift gas cans?

The gallon sized gatorade bottles.

If you want a laugh at someone elses expense Ill tell you my stupid gas tank removal story. Keep in mind this was on a 71 vw beetle so it had rubber gas lines, and the tank came out throught the top of the car. Also there isnt a fuel pump in the tank, just a hole at the bottom that runs to the fuel pump on the engine.

Anyways I had about a quarter tank when I started. I lifted the tank enough so that the hole that fed the gas line wasnt submerged in gas so I could cut the rubber line to pull the tank. I propped the tank on a piece of 4x4. While cutting the line, I knocked the 4x4 over and the gas tank started dumping fuel all over the ground. My first thought was to pinch the line with a set of vise grips... guess where they were? under the car, almost exactly the target for this gasoline monsoon. I manage to get them, pinch the line, and get soaked in the process, and who should walk up but my mom smoking a cigarrette.

Scary stuff...

Why am I telling you this? Im tired and bored, so I hope you enjoyed the tale of the days I was nearly burned to death.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:30 PM

I think peace of mind would be priceless in this situation, I would do the same thing. drop and drain and never have to worry
Old 01-07-2010, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Allandonald
The NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series returned to Virginia last year with a race that shattered Pro performance barriers, especially in Pro Stock with Jason Line setting the National record that helped him capture the World Championship.
So... you are saying the NHRA Powerade In Gas Tank Drag Racing Series returned to Virginia to race something that shattered pro performance barriers? So Powerade actually does give you a power boost when put into the gas tank??
Old 01-07-2010, 04:24 AM

omg, helpful info for sure, have to write that down!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Allandonald
The NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series returned to Virginia last year with a race that shattered Pro performance barriers, especially in Pro Stock with Jason Line setting the National record that helped him capture the World Championship.
like the 50th spammer lately

GTFO
Old 01-20-2010, 07:35 PM

damn those spammers
you guys should have questions about technical info on a maxima to subscribe, spammers wouldnt waste their time looking for spec numbers or chassis codes on nissans, when the only thing they can do better than spamming is kill noobs at World of warcraft to be first in the ladders.... my 2 cents
also getting my first 15 posts but had to talk shi* against spammers

Glad it worked out for your tank.
running with electrlytes in it might have caused galvanic corrosion, due to exchange between electrons between two different metals touching in your tank. we learned this 2 3 weeks ago (Air Force aviation technician training, finished fuel cells section :P

Frank
Old 01-20-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bjs470
man that reminds me of when some idiot poured the nos energy drink into his motorcycle lol but yea better safe than sorry on this...gotta love kids

it kinda reminds me of the guy who flushed his cobra engine with water after letting the oil drain. "wanted to clean it out"
Old 01-21-2010, 05:29 AM

what? where did you see that? probably the dumbest thing I have heard!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Eric02SE
what? where did you see that? probably the dumbest thing I have heard!
http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/5...-this-car.html
Old 01-21-2010, 09:47 AM

thank you, i wouldn't feel like lookin for it lol
Old 01-21-2010, 11:12 AM

get something call stabil, its usually used in boats an suck to get water out of gas.... throw some of that in there, full the tank up and call it day.....
Old 01-21-2010, 11:28 AM

Haha that mustang guy got himself into quite a pickle. I mean just running water through the crank case is bad enough but that guy actually tried starting his car with water IN the crankcase, DAAAYUMMM!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
Haha that mustang guy got himself into quite a pickle. I mean just running water through the crank case is bad enough but that guy actually tried starting his car with water IN the crankcase, DAAAYUMMM!
its nothing compared to this

http://www.htownracing.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40915
Old 01-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Regular Gas

Anyone using Regular Gas?
Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 AM

Juuust wait... in like 15 years you can look at him and say "Don't forget the powerade when you fuel up"
Old 01-30-2010, 09:37 AM

^ Hahah.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:01 PM

Man if it was anything but lemon lime you would of been fine lol. But if you want to save time and trouble disconnect the fuel filter inlet and keep flipping the key on and off and gas should float on water so when you notice a difference in color reconnect and finish your seafoam and use some fuel treatment just incase.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:16 PM

^dude dropped the tank a while ago

Quick Reply: Powerade In Gas Tank