General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Thanks to the Quaife I did the most awesome burnout

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 09:50 PM

Thanks to the Quaife I did the most awesome burnout

I was foolin around tonight and got my car into a 2 wheeled burnout. The back of the car remained planted as a pivot point, but since I was on a slight incline to the side the front end started drifting because the 2 front wheels were spinnin. Well after I was done I had a 1/2 moon shaped burnout mark. Wow it was really neat lookin, I guess instead of makin crop circles I'll make parking lot art.
Old 12-09-2001, 04:08 AM

Originally posted by yo_its_ok
One way to destroy a LSD, and put insane stress on your tranny

Dont tell me I didn't warn you
then it's a good thing he doesn't have an LSD....the quaife is an ATB Differential...it doesn't lock...
Old 12-09-2001, 10:33 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

i never want to hear you post about how bad the nissan tranny is..or how they didn't build it right..or how u think it's poor design.

i could've sworn you said you never abuse the car or tranny...if this is not abuse..i don't know what is.
Old 12-09-2001, 10:54 AM
I'm needing a caw

Yup! Pillows, 2nd time w/ the MacD's trays and now this. And this is only what he posts. lol

Originally posted by DanNY
i never want to hear you post about how bad the nissan tranny is..or how they didn't build it right..or how u think it's poor design.

i could've sworn you said you never abuse the car or tranny...if this is not abuse..i don't know what is.
Old 12-09-2001, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by DanNY

Spinning tires in the rain is very easy on the transmission. Driving with mcdonalds trays on the back tires also isnt hard on the car. If Nissan transmissions arent so bad, tell me why at least 2 of 3 manual tranny's here have MAJOR problems with them, including bearings, transmissions blowing up, not going into gear, etc. If I abuse my transmission so much why were my gears and synchro mechanisms all perfect when I opened it?

My 90 Camry transmission automatic has 190,000 miles on it, and IT has withstood abuse. Trailer towing, tug of war, powerbraking, and it has yet to slip or misshift a beat. BriGuyMax, Whitemax95, sxr7 all have had serious issues with their transmissions within the past week, and I could rattle off a list a mile long of others with tranny problems. And I KNOW not everybody here races their cars..... nissan quality has much room for improvement and thats a fact of life...
Old 12-09-2001, 03:25 PM
Administrator

It seems like you bought and modify your maxima to do stupid **** with your friends in it..
Old 12-09-2001, 03:55 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

then it's a good thing he doesn't have an LSD....the quaife is an ATB Differential...it doesn't lock...
LSD = Limited Slip Differential. That's what the Quaife is.
Old 12-09-2001, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
It seems like you bought and modify your maxima to do stupid **** with your friends in it..

Nah I choose a Maxima thinking it was this wonderful balance between a sports car and practicality and luxury. Quite honestly I cant wait until this car breaks.
Old 12-09-2001, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg

LSD = Limited Slip Differential. That's what the Quaife is.
Technically no. A quaife does not slip (hence limited "slip" differential) nor does it behave like one. It does not lock and is continuously variable in transferring power. Therfore it is an automatic torque biasing differential.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:00 PM
ActiveTuning Partner

The hell it is...the ATB design basically has no wear parts.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:03 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by ericdwong

Spinning tires in the rain is very easy on the transmission. Driving with mcdonalds trays on the back tires also isnt hard on the car. If Nissan transmissions arent so bad, tell me why at least 2 of 3 manual tranny's here have MAJOR problems with them, including bearings, transmissions blowing up, not going into gear, etc. If I abuse my transmission so much why were my gears and synchro mechanisms all perfect when I opened it?

My 90 Camry transmission automatic has 190,000 miles on it, and IT has withstood abuse. Trailer towing, tug of war, powerbraking, and it has yet to slip or misshift a beat. BriGuyMax, Whitemax95, sxr7 all have had serious issues with their transmissions within the past week, and I could rattle off a list a mile long of others with tranny problems. And I KNOW not everybody here races their cars..... nissan quality has much room for improvement and thats a fact of life...
hey u can say your tranny was brand new. yeah a few people have probs w/ their trannies..but do u see them posting about how they did a donut here, a burn out there?? prob not. and who comes on here and complains that the car was built wrong and etc?
i don't care how u treat your tranny...or what shape is it in. u can blow tranny every week for all i care..but if u complain that it's nissan's fault that it's going bad..then that's just wrong.
spinning tires in the rain is easy on the tranny? where do u see in the owner's manual to spin the tires to get traction in the rain?

ok u win..i give up..go blow your tranny again..then blame it on nissan.

if u like toyota's quality..why the he11 did u buy a nissan!?!? hey the camry comes in V6 too. why didn't u get that??...u can even get a TRD SC for it.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:49 PM

Technically no. A quaife does not slip (hence limited "slip" differential) nor does it behave like one. It does not lock and is continuously variable in transferring power. Therfore it is an automatic torque biasing differential.
yea...what he said
Old 12-10-2001, 01:03 AM

burnouts = cool
Old 12-10-2001, 01:05 AM

Originally posted by black019
burnouts = cool
Old 12-10-2001, 12:03 PM

Re: Thanks to the Quaife I did the most awesome burnout

I was foolin around tonight and got my car into a 2 wheeled burnout. The back of the car remained planted as a pivot point, but since I was on a slight incline to the side the front end started drifting because the 2 front wheels were spinnin. Well after I was done I had a 1/2 moon shaped burnout mark. Wow it was really neat lookin, I guess instead of makin crop circles I'll make parking lot art.
You should make a video of that shiznat
Old 12-10-2001, 12:27 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

ive been doing burnouts for years

the only thing i had to replace is all four tires.... clutch..... front left wheel bearing..... clutch master and slave cylinders...... throw out bearing...... other than that burnouts are