General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ok, So you like Nissan, You like your gen, but what do u hate that nissan could fix?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
North Carolina tag.

Crusher posted this in the Ghustle thread a few days back:

These two look amazingly similar...
haha they do, cept the antenna looks a little different
Old 04-16-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by M3>You
haha they do, cept the antenna looks a little different
It takes about 15 seconds to swap an antenna.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Look guys idc what he drives, im just here having some fun. I thought it was funny how you guys turned on your own maxima buddy just bcs he doesnt like his maxima or find making a late 90s hand me down maxima into a semi fast car with painted stock G/Z wheels lowered on some cheapo springs. A civic can be easily made to run with a stock C6 Z06 or GTR in a straight line, but it will always be a civic.

And rays lightweight wheels = Volks

lol
Old 04-16-2010, 09:40 AM

All Im seeing if broke link pics, and two little rich **** wads.

I congratulate you for acting like ****'s, but did you ever stop to think "this ain't the bimmer forum's?"
Old 04-16-2010, 09:43 AM

Look guys idc what he drives, im just here having some fun. I thought it was funny how you guys turned on your own maxima buddy just bcs he doesnt like his maxima or find making a late 90s hand me down maxima into a semi fast car with painted stock G/Z wheels lowered on some cheapo springs. A civic can be easily made to run with a stock C6 Z06 or GTR in a straight line, but it will always be a civic.

lol
Well, if he hadn't come on here looking to troll, we wouldn't have started anything. That's like walking into a police station and yelling, "I've got a gun," and expecting nothing to happen.

Voicing your opinion, and making fun of people for their opinions are two completely different things. Just because he doesn't like that we like the Maxima doesn't mean he has to start a battle. If he doesn't like the Maxima, move on. Find a Z forum to go complain on.

The point I've been trying to make is that we don't give a **** if your parents are made of money, buy you nice things, etc. 99% of the guys on this forum work hard for what they've got, and they're proud of/happy with what they have. They don't need to flash their money to prove anything. Doing that just shows how insecure you are with yourself. Especially if you feel the need to do it online.

FWIW, 20" Volks are definitely way heavier than 18" Rays forged...
Old 04-16-2010, 09:44 AM

lol
and kzoosho's max can run with a z06 in a straight line too.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i mean im done now, and done for good. I've just been here bcs were doing this project in class and we're stuck in the library this past week. Thats done and its back to class That means im most likely done here for good lol. Unless of course i decide to come back when i get home...but thats unlikely..
Old 04-16-2010, 09:47 AM

He''ll be back in 3.....2......1......
Old 04-16-2010, 11:12 AM

This blah, blah, blah, blah, blah thread is still open and going...wow!
Old 04-16-2010, 12:27 PM

HAHA, i've had a lot of reading since last comment I posted.
LOL, might be a noob fight but a few things about me.
- I don't know my maxima inside out yet, but I intend to do so with a passion, for a car i've been looking for so long to get my hands on.
- I learned money doesn't grow off trees. Hard work makes me proud of what I accomplish and what I make with MY money. Started work at 15 years old at the grocery store and since then i've paid 99% of what I own today.
- I had to pay half my private school with my parents when I got a job.
- ALWAYS paid for my own cars.
- I dislike common cars, Beeing an underdog, the maxima stays underground and low-profile to cops. 4DSC FTW
- I look forward to acquiring the knowledge you want to share in this community.
- My wife, 22 weeks pregnant, LOVES my maxima. She liked my 93 Suzuki swift GT but fell in love the maxima.
- I also love my car ! She even has a name (Noémie) and I talk to her like it's a baby... the wife even gets jealous sometimes. LOL

Salutes from the Québec Noob

Last edited by FrankA33; 04-16-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:58 PM

i mean im done now, and done for good. I've just been here bcs were doing this project in class and we're stuck in the library this past week. Thats done and its back to class That means im most likely done here for good lol. Unless of course i decide to come back when i get home...but thats unlikely..
so you basically fked your time like that? good luck failing. at least me and my buddy in high school did things the normal way, finish a project on day one, play Halo 1 on days 2 and 3, still get 85%, profit

and Rays>Volks
Old 04-16-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91
so you basically fked your time like that? good luck failing. at least me and my buddy in high school did things the normal way, finish a project on day one, play Halo 1 on days 2 and 3, still get 85%, profit

and Rays>Volks
Rays makes volks dumbass
Old 04-16-2010, 04:09 PM

It's not about being better. It's about wiping the smug look off of a sports car owner's face when they get walked all over by a 4-door sedan.

Happened to my buddy. He thought his Solstice would stomp my Maxima. I don't think he was too happy that I put 6 car lengths on him with his girlfriend in his passenger's seat.
Originally Posted by MoncefA33
Meh. You have a Z. The only forseeable advantage is RWD...and your wannabe hellaflush fatlace wheel fitment.

Faster = better most of the time.

But I guess you don't understand that because you had your dad by you a 350Z instead of an actual car.
so when your maxima beats a ferrari, the owner will have what face? He could of bought about 60 maximas. The only face he should have is a smiling face on why you would get off to beating a nicer car.

So basically maxima.org's thought process.... 10 second geo metro > Ferrari Enzo. lol.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:16 PM

Well, if he hadn't come on here looking to troll, we wouldn't have started anything. That's like walking into a police station and yelling, "I've got a gun," and expecting nothing to happen.

Voicing your opinion, and making fun of people for their opinions are two completely different things. Just because he doesn't like that we like the Maxima doesn't mean he has to start a battle. If he doesn't like the Maxima, move on. Find a Z forum to go complain on.

The point I've been trying to make is that we don't give a **** if your parents are made of money, buy you nice things, etc. 99% of the guys on this forum work hard for what they've got, and they're proud of/happy with what they have. They don't need to flash their money to prove anything. Doing that just shows how insecure you are with yourself. Especially if you feel the need to do it online.

FWIW, 20" Volks are definitely way heavier than 18" Rays forged...
how about 18" volk ce28n vs 18 rays forged?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:18 PM

I thought you were done with this forum? I'm sick of hearing your dumb *** comments, your off the wall e-thug attitude, and about your daddy's money.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fakeluxury
so when your maxima beats a ferrari, the owner will have what face? He could of bought about 60 maximas. The only face he should have is a smiling face on why you would get off to beating a nicer car.

So basically maxima.org's thought process.... 10 second geo metro > Ferrari Enzo. lol.
You don't own a Ferrari. You own a 350z. This is a moot point.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:44 PM

oooh, a 350z.. I was wondering, I still dont think its his. He posted the pictures, and immediately deleted them. If it was your car, why would you delete the pics??
Old 04-16-2010, 06:27 PM

You don't own a Ferrari. You own a 350z. This is a moot point.
Neither of these trolls own a car.

One guy's dad owns a Maxima and a 350Z. The other guy's dad owns a M3.

You own them? Show a pic of your driver's license next to the car's title, with your name on both of them. With DOB and vehicle make/model. Blur out the VIN, address, etc for security reasons, but I'm very curious to see if you actually own the vehicle you are bragging about, or if a parent owns it and you just drive it.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:30 PM

You don't own anything, you drive your dads 350z thinking youre the ****
fixed

and +1, want drivers license and proof its in your name
Old 04-16-2010, 07:35 PM

ok so that wasn't good enough so now i have to post up pics of my license and registration. LIke i proved to you guys earlier, i own my own car. you guys put "mommy and daddy" in there. I never once said my parents bought me anything. I said the maxima was a hand me down car.

like i proved to you guys earlier, i have a Z. I dont want ot post pics of my license because it will show my face. i don't want photochops. But what i can do is meet up with a local maxima perosn and they can confirm my info. How about that?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
I thought you were done with this forum? I'm sick of hearing your dumb *** comments, your off the wall e-thug attitude, and about your daddy's money.
quote me where i said i was done?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:44 PM

how about this, if i post up my license and registration and they both match up, will everyone shut up or wil you keep going on with this ****?you guys are finding every excuse and making up your own stories of what you think my life is. The funny thing is, i pay for everything myself except my maxima which was a hand me down.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:19 PM

I never once said my parents bought me anything.
i pay for everything myself except my maxima which was a hand me down.
If the second quote is true, then your parents paid for the car, then gave it to you. This would mean that the first quote is false.

If the first quote is true, then you paid for the car yourself. This would mean that the second quote is false.

One of those quotes is false. Somebody paid for the car. Nissan didn't just show up at your house one day and give you a free Maxima. Either you paid for it, or your parents paid for it. It may not have been bought and given to you immediately like the other guy's M3 was, but it was still bought by your parents, and driven by you.

There's nothing wrong with being given a car by your parents. I was. My dad bought my '97 brand new, then got a new car in 2006, and I've been driving the Maxima since then. Do I claim to have the fastest car around? No. Do I expect to have a better car than a 97 Maxima once I can afford one? Yup. But, regardless of the value of the cars discussed on this forum, there is something to be said for the community here. I've split hotel room bills with members at distant meets. I've grilled up some burgers in the park with other members. I've had members help me install my "cheap springs", and I've helped members work on their cars. I've had members scrambling around my engine bay in a dark parking lot to fix my car. I've lent a $500 part to another member for a week to try it out. I've had people on here teach me a lot of info about cars, and I've taught newer members a lot of info as well. It's a close community here, it's a friendly community here, and you're a fool if you ignore that just to make fun of people and troll the forums to start flame wars.

Your 5.5gen might be a slow car now, but there are plenty of inexpensive things you can do to it. There's a <$1,000 upgrade that will take a full second off your quarter mile time, that you probably haven't heard about. There's probably a member within an hour's drive of you who could install it for you for less than half of what a shop would. But if you close your eyes and just spew hate, you'll miss that information.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by nalc
If the second quote...
...But if you close your eyes and just spew hate, you'll miss that information.
Wow, I couldn't have said it better.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:18 PM

i have to agree with nalc though, there are lots of nice people on here. JSMax is actually willing to meet up with me at the Nissan dealership to get my 10% off of any work needing to be done, which works because i need to get my timing belt done later this year. Phatmatt needed a heater part because his CCU was constantly on, i went to the junkyard, paid for it and sent it for free. people have helped me plenty, pass it on
Old 04-17-2010, 09:58 AM

i wished that nissan used an independent suspension instead of a rear beam...
Old 04-17-2010, 10:26 AM

Most of you guys are eating this up at face value, assuming these noobies are actually children, as they claim. They could be anyone, of any age. The only known element is that they're enjoying member reactions. Even if it's a farce, the effect is the same. Keep that in mind.

You know, this does raise an interesting point: how many of you have said or written something truly embarrassing and immature when you were young? You know, the kind of thing that makes you uncomfortable decades later?

If this stuff is real, this is one of those moments.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by Rochester
You know, this does raise an interesting point: how many of you have said or written something truly embarrassing and immature when you were young? You know, the kind of thing that makes you uncomfortable decades later?
younger? never.
as an adult? all the friggin' time.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 AM

1. How ugly the interior is

2. how ugly the headlights and tail lights are.

3. front wheel drive

4. slow

5. wannabe luxury car
Why you on a nissan forum you hater
Old 04-17-2010, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by BenStoked
younger? never.
as an adult? all the friggin' time.
That, too.

Love your sig: "Warning: Unattended children will be given a shot of espresso and a puppy."
Old 04-17-2010, 12:31 PM

all little rich boy statements aside. my Max is my 7th car and ive worked long hours to go through them.
91'Prelude Si vtech 5 spd
Stang 02 V8
05 Tahoe LT
96 Jetta VR6
02 Xterra,
BMW Z3M 99
and my 95 max

i saved my money and kept the max. most reliable car ive ever owned and probably the easiest car to mod that ive had. I have the option of buying nicer faster cars. But for the max is, its a great car and ill keep her til the frame rusts out. Theres more important things than buying a fast car. Like a HOUSE
Old 04-17-2010, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
Originally Posted by Rochester
Most of you guys are eating this up at face value, assuming these noobies are actually children, as they claim. They could be anyone, of any age. The only known element is that they're enjoying member reactions. Even if it's a farce, the effect is the same. Keep that in mind.

If this stuff is real, this is one of those moments.
this is probably the smartest person on here and most mature. I thank you for your post and actually winning this game.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:47 PM

this is probably the smartest person on here and most mature. I thank you for your post and actually winning this game.
the game that youre going to regret being a d1ck like this in 5 years?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by hornepirate

i saved my money and kept the max. most reliable car ive ever owned and probably the easiest car to mod that ive had. I have the option of buying nicer faster cars. But for the max is, its a great car and ill keep her til the frame rusts out. Theres more important things than buying a fast car. Like a HOUSE
from what i've read here, you do have a fast car..the MAXIMA!

haha. but yeah, more important things than a fast car, a good looking one.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:17 PM

Old 04-18-2010, 06:42 PM

Actually this is where you are also WRONG...

A 10 second Geo Metro < 10 second Nissan Maxima...

You are probably the most ignorant person I have ever met in person or online. Actually maybe not number 1 but you are in the top 10 so congrats you also won a little something something.

So you are saying people who modify Geo Metros and "waste" money putting new engines and such into them are stupid when they could have bought a Scion or 350Z? Well, let me teach you a little lesson on money... when you buy a new car lets say a 2010 350Z, you pay what? 40K? So lets say you make a down payment of 10K and so you owe 30K + Interest... which in the end of your period of paying the debt you paid MORE than 40K. So other people buy 97 Maximas for 2K, and then spend 10K in modifications (New engine, suspension, ect.) So you got a brand new possibly faster engine which is a brand new car basically for 12K, and since you didn't take out a loan to buy a "nicer" car you are all paid off and owe no debt.

Now if you bought a used BMW or Ferrari then its basically the same thing you will be paying much more in the end of your time owning the car to fix them up when they break and such than you will EVER pay for a Geo Metro or Maxima and then replace everything or mod them.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:45 PM

Except if you used your mom or dads money to buy a brand new 350Z or Mercedes, in which case is not something you should brag about...
Old 04-18-2010, 06:54 PM

maxima

alot of haters on here neway back to the point . Not really any complaints cept like someone said bout the spare tire hole sag. I got other cars i got a vette i dont think a maxima is a race car.But i think the maxima is a great car and much more reliable then a vette
Old 04-18-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by TonesC5
alot of haters on here neway back to the point . Not really any complaints cept like someone said bout the spare tire hole sag. I got other cars i got a vette i dont think a maxima is a race car.But i think the maxima is a great car and much more reliable then a vette
This. I've owned a Trans Am, and currently own a 350z. The Maxima is obviously no race car, but it's still a fun car to blast around in. And give unsuspecting Hondas a stomping in.

It's been, by far, the most reliable car I've owned in the almost four years I've been driving. That's why I intend on keeping it until I drive it into the ground. And then some. And while I've got it, I might as well have some fun, right? Stock cars aren't fun once you've been bitten by the mod bug.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:29 AM

This.

It's been, by far, the most reliable car I've owned in the almost four years I've been driving.
This.

This is the most reliable car I've owned in the over thirty two years I've been driving.

Quick Reply: ok, So you like Nissan, You like your gen, but what do u hate that nissan could fix?