General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ok, So you like Nissan, You like your gen, but what do u hate that nissan could fix?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM

nissan should of had the rear seats fold completely down (60/40 or 50/50) instead of the damn armrest folding down and have a useless open into or from the trunk...
Old 04-19-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by MaxiNone
nissan should of had the rear seats fold completely down (60/40 or 50/50) instead of the damn armrest folding down and have a useless open into or from the trunk...
Toyota did the same thing with the IS300. Playing hockey in high school, that made it almost impossible to load up a big bag of gear and two or three hockey sticks on top of that.

I'm glad the 5.5 has fold down seats.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I like my 09 max but I am having an issue with the front windows. seems since I moved to a new place I come outside and both front windows are down. This is the feature that happens when you turn the key on the driver side lock which makes both front window roll down. I need to find out how to disable this feature and I will be getting some security cameras to see who is doing this. nothing is stolen or broken it's just strange. I also think the CVT trans is slow for a 290hp engine seems something is holding it back.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
bald aggression est 78

i just wish the turning radius was better and cup holdrs
Old 04-22-2010, 06:24 PM

well looks like Fakeluxury's reign of f^gg0try has ended
Old 04-22-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by max529
I like my 09 max but I am having an issue with the front windows. seems since I moved to a new place I come outside and both front windows are down. This is the feature that happens when you turn the key on the driver side lock which makes both front window roll down. I need to find out how to disable this feature and I will be getting some security cameras to see who is doing this. nothing is stolen or broken it's just strange. I also think the CVT trans is slow for a 290hp engine seems something is holding it back.
if the 7th gen remote is like the 4th gen, it sounds like you are somehow pressing and holding the unlock button on the remote. If you do that with the 4th gen the front windows will roll down
Old 04-22-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91
well looks like Fakeluxury's reign of f^gg0try has ended
His dad probably caught him taking pics of his Z and took away his computer.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Z-Powered
His dad probably caught him taking pics of his Z and took away his computer.
or he was trying to drift it and rolled it
Old 04-22-2010, 08:44 PM

This has to be the funniest most interesting thread i have ever read since joining. It really shows how the difference between monetary classes is (assuming these kids parents really have fat stacks). you guys cant tell me in all brutal honesty that you wouldn't act that way if you were a spoiled brat. those kids have no choice in the matter,(assuming) the money is there.

Now im a 20 year old college student on my second max, the first being a hand me down. a 97 white gle fully loaded from my dad. witch i later gave back when i bought 00 se 5sp (god i love that car in all of its grocery getting cheap spring having painted z wheel goodness, lol) but if i had a dad that would buy me an m3 i would be starting flame wars in Honda and Nissan threads all day while sitting in the library not doing my work and using proxy's to watch **** and leave it playing then walking away (god i loved high school).i remember those douches.i was a poor kid and most of my friends were rich douches.but guess what i got to drive those douches sti's and evos.if i had it my way i would be a douche too, a douche with class.. don't tell me you guys wouldn't be rich daddy douches in HS if you had the the chance
Old 04-22-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by webjohn
you guys cant tell me in all brutal honesty that you wouldn't act that way if you were a spoiled brat.
not trying to brag but i was spoiled and was never like that my parents said pick one of the families houses to have when i was 16, my parents had my post secondary education paid for by the time i was like 10, i got a go-kart when i was 10, a quad and dirtbike when i was 13, and at 15 a minibike. i always got the new stuff growing up as well, like a N64, PS1, PS2, etc. right when they got out from my parents. i went to a private high school that cost a few grand every year, and then some people had ghetto cars and such and i never once ripped on them. i never bragged about anything, even my best friend doesnt know that my parents gave me a house.

i guess i was just raised with certain morals, because i would never do what these kids are doing and start bragging all of the sudden. i was just lucky to be brought up in a well off family, with my mom being a nurse making $60-$110 a hour and my dad owning a oil company as well as lots of investments. again, never meant to brag in any of the above but just trying to show a point and i dont be a Dbag and hang out with rich kids, my best friends family is actually in heavy debt, his dads a bad alcoholic that ditched the family and he was actually highly wanted by the police in Canada

Last edited by chrome91; 04-22-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:59 AM

or he was trying to drift it and rolled it
We can only hope...

J/K

That kid was actually pretty entertaining.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:17 AM

not trying to brag but i was spoiled and was never like that my parents said pick one of the families houses to have when i was 16, my parents had my post secondary education paid for by the time i was like 10, i got a go-kart when i was 10, a quad and dirtbike when i was 13, and at 15 a minibike. i always got the new stuff growing up as well, like a N64, PS1, PS2, etc. right when they got out from my parents. i went to a private high school that cost a few grand every year, and then some people had ghetto cars and such and i never once ripped on them. i never bragged about anything, even my best friend doesnt know that my parents gave me a house.

i guess i was just raised with certain morals, because i would never do what these kids are doing and start bragging all of the sudden. i was just lucky to be brought up in a well off family, with my mom being a nurse making $60-$110 a hour and my dad owning a oil company as well as lots of investments. again, never meant to brag in any of the above but just trying to show a point and i dont be a Dbag and hang out with rich kids, my best friends family is actually in heavy debt, his dads a bad alcoholic that ditched the family and he was actually highly wanted by the police in Canada

lol well im not saying i was a garbage picker. i also had all the new games and pocket rockets and dirt bikes and daddy paid college growing up, but just not a house thats a bit over the top.

but i see where your situation differs, your canadian, and we all know canadians are too nice for their own good.no wars or anything. j/k j/k
Old 04-23-2010, 06:28 AM

Needed a grocery getter, and this was the best one
Old 04-23-2010, 11:42 AM

lol the funny thing is ive impressed quite a few girls with my car, they like the way the engine sounds for sure
Old 04-23-2010, 01:51 PM

To keep the topic rolling, on topic that is, I wish the 09 came with electric fold in mirrors. My 300zx even had them!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mreim769
To keep the topic rolling, on topic that is, I wish the 09 came with electric fold in mirrors. My 300zx even had them!
yeah i wish we had those too, someone on here with a 3rd gen used a Skylines fold in mirror to mod theirs and theirs folds in now.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan should start making the maxima in RWD again like the good old days!

And as nice as the new maximas are, they should be offered in manual if they want to call it a "4 door sports car"
Old 05-12-2010, 01:13 PM
SuPeRmOd

what the

have I stumbled upon? Would have been more fun if the trolls were just ignored...
here I missed everything since they haven't wondered back in awhile. oh well.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:21 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Sketchy564
Nissan should start making the maxima in RWD again like the good old days!

And as nice as the new maximas are, they should be offered in manual if they want to call it a "4 door sports car"
As soon as you accept what Nissan decided a long time ago, the sooner you can appreciate what the Maxima is meant to be now.

Infiniti G sedan= "RWD Maxima"

Altima = today's 4DSC

sorry if that hurts anyone, but the truth sometimes does. Mostly selling in the NE it is Nissan's FWD flagship model. It is only good business sense not to have your own products compete among each other.
[cough]unlike GM[/cough]

I got my Maxima partly due to the history of it growing up... but more so because I wanted a daily driver that can handle winters, 4 door sedan with lots of room for passengers and snowboarding gear, lots of comfort features found (sometimes not even found) in more luxury brands, reliable, and decent power.

Of course it was the only car at $30k that offered all that and was something I enjoyed looking at and driving everyday for many many years to come.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:30 PM

I hate that nissan makes the rear wheel wells smaller than the fronts, making the cars look like they sag.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mid range audio control on the so called Bose system
Automatic folding side view mirrors
Turn signals, press once and release function
Love my Max, my first
Old 06-07-2010, 01:29 AM

I would just hope for more aftermarket support
Old 06-08-2010, 09:14 PM

I hate how the 4th gen trunks sag near the spare tire well. I have a sub in the back and it moves all the time. I am actually considering cutting out a wood template that will fit the trunk.

Also, as most 4th gen owners can agree on, I hate the rear fender rust. Seems to be on every 4th gen up north.

As far as those trollers go, it is so easy to tell how spoiled they are. My max was handed down to me at 140k miles and honestly I take great care of it. Would I like a newer and better car? Heck yeah, but since I will be going off to college next year, I don't need to purchase a new car. My dad has a 06 Jetta TDI and my mom has a 08 Jetta. I laugh at how many maintenance issues they have. Maxima's are so reliable. If I didnt have over 185k miles on it, I would consider modding it up. For now, I am just going to keep good care of it because it has been a very reliable car that also has some giddy-up.
I plan on getting a 2009 VW GTI when I get out of college with the money I saved with my scholarship. It will be very hard to leave the maxima community. However, I will NEVER sell my 96 maxima. And I will never come onto a forum community and bash them because of their particular car they own. Buying something cheap and fixing it up and maintaining it is so self-rewarding. I just wish more people would be modest, especially when we are just talking about a vehicle. Something that is just an object and doesn't effect who we are as an individual. Enjoy what you have. Thats my rant.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:30 AM

i think the stock clarion system is horrible in my 5th gen
Old 06-27-2010, 05:44 PM

I would only use the word "hate" for the Music Box "feature" in the 7th Gen Max. {details on this in my post under the 7th Gen Music Box discussion} Nissan should definitely be able to fix ALL the problems associated with it, and they certainly need to!

One other item I wanted to mention (and couldn't find a discussion on anywhere else) concerns automatic headlamps. The system seemed to work the same in both my 2008 Max and my new 2010 Max.

The headlights just don't seem to come on soon enough - any day at dusk, on an overcast day, or when it is beginning to rain...and you need your lights on for safety.

My solution on both vehicles has been to cut a half-moon shape out of a piece of black electrical tape and cover up just half of the circle light sensor at the far side of the dashboard. It sticks well and is completely unnoticeable.

Keep in mind the sensor itself is maybe only about 1/4" - not the full inch circle, so you can't cover the entire center of that circle or your lights will stay on like running lights.

But blocking half of the sensor works for me to get the headlights to come on automatically just enough sooner for the best safety, in my mind.

I'd think with the large settings console now on the 7th Gen models, Nissan might be able to offer a "auto headlamp" light sensitivity adjustment that would function similar to the brightness setting for the console itself.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by gto400no1
I hate that nissan makes the rear wheel wells smaller than the fronts, making the cars look like they sag.
+1,000,000,000
Old 06-29-2010, 01:53 AM

Hate the rust problems on the 4th gen. I live in MN
Old 06-29-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by ABlackSER
+1,000,000,000
This...
Old 06-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

turn radius
Old 06-29-2010, 09:51 AM

5.5 gen biggest issue... ****ty damn turning radius... i hate it.

but i have had my max for about 1.5 months and already put on over 4000km
Old 06-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by SiathLinux
Hmm, over all I'm REALLY happy with my 99 ... only two changes I'd have changed in design...
1. - how 'bout a folding rear seat like most other cars of this modern times... (oh yeah - gotta ski pass through - I'm 41 with bad knees - I don't f-in ski no more)..
2. - that tire cover in the trunk - seriously - same crap in the 07 Versa - so this is an across the board issue for Nissan - the tiny spare don't touch the board - so it sinks in making the carpet in the trunk look funky - and anything in your trunk gravitates to this sink hole.... design the spare holder to hold the spare against the cover bottom so it don't sink down... duh.

Other than that - I've got plenty of power for a 4 door car, and I've got a 5MT which makes it fun to drive.

Edit - oh forgot to add - Florida cars - no rust (unless the jack... drove it on the beach....) no winter here - no salted roads FTW.
Nissan's gas consumption is pretty bad!

Last edited by DanNY; 07-11-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by ilovejdmtoy
Nissan's gas consumption is pretty bad!
20-25 city mpg for a 6cylinder isn't terrible
Old 07-04-2010, 08:52 AM

Nissan could build in electronic safeguards (fuses or whatever) to protect the ECU from Idle Air controllers or motor mounts destroying The ECU.

They wouldn't build in these problems to sell more parts - no, they would never do anything like that . . .
Old 07-04-2010, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by soul
turn radius
I have a 5.5 gen and yes turn radius is crap. Let's not forget that huge gap between tire and the fender. I think I could fit a softball through there. Lastly, Nissan needs to scrap the BOSE system. Under powered, hella hard to upgrade, should have went the route of Sentra Spec-V with the Rockford system.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:43 AM

Nissan should look to the Forums to get ideas for there next gens.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:31 PM

(Granted I no longer own my 4th gen...)

-Lack of steering feel
-Rear log
-Awfully flimsy chassis
-Truck-like shifter
-OMG rear overhang
-lousy, flimsy seats
-4x4 like wheelgap

But it still had the best V6 engine I have ever had the pleasure of gunning
Old 07-10-2010, 10:47 PM

Bad quality paint, (at least on mine).
Old 07-11-2010, 10:33 AM

5th gen: Bad paint, turning radius, skipping Bose CD player, Knock sensor not reasonably changed without removing intake manifold
Old 07-13-2010, 02:09 PM

I have to say I did luck out on my paint job. It's flawless!

One thing for sure I will never buy another VW or an Audi. Godly expensive to get serviced! Had issues with thermostat and fan clutch, wasnt' cover under the warranty. Ended up costing me about a grand to fix. Horrible design!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:11 AM

WOW! this thread is 6 pages?! Good thread S1tech.

I wish that 4th gen nissan OEM suspension was 1" lower. And i wish they added more brake assist in the rear.

Other than that i love my 4th gen. Sometimes more than i love my gf lol

Quick Reply: ok, So you like Nissan, You like your gen, but what do u hate that nissan could fix?