General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Got 5 tickets by the nice police officer......

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 12:52 AM

Got 5 tickets by the nice police officer......

Ok so i was going to my local supermarket to get christmas decorations for my friend's dad. I pull into the parking space and look behind me and theres a police car blocking my car in with its flashing lights on. So i say to my friend "what does this clown want". So he comes up to my car knocks on my window and says "you have tinted windows" and i say yes. Then he says you also have no frnt license plate and thats illegal in illinois. I have a stillen body and nevr got around to mounting the front plate. Then he says "do you have an aftermarkt exhaust" i say yes and he then informs me i will be gettin a ticket for that. At this point i am irate, he then tells me he needs my license are insurnce info. I tell hm ok im gonna get out of the car b/c all that stuffs in my wallet and im sitting in my car. He then goes why do you need to get out of the car and i reply ts easier to get my wallet out. I then try to open my door and hehip checks the door back closed. I am like what the heck is this guys deal.....so then he goes back to his car after i give him the info. I the see there i an altima in front of me with all the same offenses. So i get out of the car while hes writing the tickes to see if its got exhaust. He then snapps and shines the big light on me and tells me to come by him. I go by him and he is going on and on about my exhaust, tints, no front plate, the rear plastic license protetor had a line across it so he tries to write me up for that, and he tells me that the headlights are bueish and illegal. So i agrue with him for a moment about the rear plate cover(never wrote me a ticket for this think hs hand was getting tired of writing) and about how the exhust is LEGAL. So i get back into my car ad say how is this exhaust illegal and give my car a rev. SO he then gives me a ticket for "neglegent driving" with a description of "needlessly racing the motor of the car while in a public parking lot". How can they give you a ticket for "neglegent driveing" when my car is in park in a parking spot. So all in all he gives me a tickets for tints, "modified/loud exhaust"(i have a muffler and ypipe no intermediate pipe), no front plate, "no white headlights", and the racing the motor ticket. When he handed me the tickets i told him "thanks will need toilet paper to wipe my *** with later" he replied "have a great night". This is rediculous, i was minding my own businees in a parking lot and this happens to me.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:54 AM

Re: Got 5 tickets by the nice police officer......

theres more to this story its 3am in chicago, going to bed. Wiull post the rest sometime after my eagles stomp the skins .
Old 12-16-2001, 12:57 AM

Re: Got 5 tickets by the nice police officer......

That's the biggest load of B.S. An exhaust is perfectly legal if its noise level is below 95 dB. And a Y-pipe/muffler with no B-pipe most certainly is!

The rest is crap. Go to court and fight that ****
Old 12-16-2001, 01:05 AM

Re: Re: Got 5 tickets by the nice police officer......

So after i get the 5 tickets i go into the store and when i come back out the 2 squads are still next to my car talking. So i started reving my car to redline so they couldnt hear each other. I have intake so its prety loud and the one lady officer comes out of her car and kncks onmy "tinted window". She then states shes gonna give me more tickets. I then tell her i was warming my car up and to go and try to find more tickets to give because i dont thin its possilbe. I then make my way back to the police station to tal to the cheif. He was not in so i asked for the highest ranking officer. The dispatcher calls a sgr in tothe station. It turns out to be the same lady at the scene. She then tells me i was harrasing tem by revving the engine and tells me my car is way to loud and it was shaking her car that wsa good 10 yards away. I was like hey igot a 3 litre wth maybe 210hp not a hemi cuda ith 600+. We then agrue or a few minutes and i end up just snapping and telling her off.
Old 12-16-2001, 01:23 AM

Re: Re: Re: Got 5 tickets by the nice police officer......

I take it yer not in bed yet
Old 12-16-2001, 05:50 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

then people wonder why we call cops ****ing *******s. this is why, your like the second person this week to get several tickets for bull**** when you were doing nothing else wrong. some cops are good cops but these ones give all of them a bad name. i don't see how what he did helped the community out at all. something needs to be done about this, this is ridiculous. right thsoe tickets and good luck man. ALSO i know its tough but if you get pulled over it helps to be a little respectfull. i've gotten out of a couple almpost tickets lately by being nice. do't give them **** and maybe he'll just tell you to be quieter or something next time.
Old 12-16-2001, 06:46 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

the sad thing is, is that even if your minding your own business, you still have illegal stuff on your car. So they can do whatever they want to you.
Old 12-16-2001, 06:52 AM

Originally posted by NickStam
the sad thing is, is that even if your minding your own business, you still have illegal stuff on your car. So they can do whatever they want to you.

I find it amazing that even though these people keep reading thread after thread about how 'hyperwhites' in turns, washer nozzle lights, illegal tints, etc. got people pulled over and tickets, they continue to buy them. Ahhh, the children of today...
Old 12-16-2001, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Greg.. cut and paste that thread from the 5th Gen Forum because i am getting sick of educating these damn clowns...
Old 12-16-2001, 06:58 AM

i have many illegal things on or about my car, so i'm just waiting to get pounded for everything. and i won't be surprised either.
Old 12-16-2001, 06:59 AM
Administrator

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....0&pagenumber=1

In short: stop calling cops pigs and learn to respect the uniform..
Old 12-16-2001, 07:02 AM

A few years ago my brother in-law (at University of Illinois that time) told me a bad cop in their area, writing a ticket (forgot for speeding or illegal U-turn...) and gave it to a professor in his department. The cop said you mail this much out, or you pay only $50 to me now, your choice. Was a midnight and no other people were around. That professor wouldn't want his money go to a bad guy's pocket and just mailed full amount out... Later he shared the info with colleagues...
Old 12-16-2001, 07:06 AM
Administrator

you know what.. i just read your story.. and you are the stupid dumbass who got tricked into doing half the stuff for you tickets.. you kids these days don't know how to talk to officers and if you did.. you wouldn't get half the tickets you get.

cocky sonsof*****es...

Cop: You have tinted windows...
You: Yes Sir I do, however they may appear dark at this momment but i assure you they are at the legal limit.
Cop: You have no front plate
You: Yes Sir, i just had my front lower lip put on and the body shop forgot to remout my plate, i just have not had the time to carry the car back down to the shop to have them mount it correctly, however i assure you that it will be done ASAP..

Cop: license and registration

when the hell do you have to get out the car to get license and registration? tell you what.. if you are black.. try that with the NJ state Police and see if yourass even makes it out the car.. the would put a bullet in you faster than you can say .. its in my wallet.. thats a load of BS.. lurch forward .. pushing your pelvis up and pull the wallet out.. i have done it 1 million times..

at this point if you were courteous and polite.. he would have ignored your exhaust.. LIKE HE DID THE ALTIMA.. and reveing yoru engine.. how dumb is THAT?
Old 12-16-2001, 07:09 AM

i was going to also mention that trying to get out of the car was dumb, they shoot people for trying to do that.
Old 12-16-2001, 07:11 AM
Administrator

I was also going to say that cops love RED CARS.. check the statistics on cars that get pulled over the most.. they are RED colored Cars..
Old 12-16-2001, 07:14 AM

Don't you watch cops? they don't tolerate that stuff.
Old 12-16-2001, 07:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got pulled over on night recently and I had my ex's son with me and mind you all he's only 3. He kept saying "Dana, drive fast!!" We were in a well known trap area and I kept elling him we can't and if you know 3 year olds, they just keep asking. So I kept going at my "slowed down" rate of 45 mph and the limit was 40. My radar goes off and the cops got me by laser, so I pull over. They were pulling tons of people over.
Now whenever I get pulled over, I don't just wait for the cops to ask me for license and registration. I think its dumb if you do wait because they are going to check you out if they pull you over anyway.

Cop: License and registration?
Dana: [Tommy Davidson] BAM!!! [/Tommy Davidson]
Cop: Is the child in a seatbelt?
Dana: Yes.

The cop walks to the car behind me to get there registration. Then he comes back:

Cop: I just acted like I wrote you a ticket. You're all set.
Dana: Thanks man! Take care.

If you get pulled over, show the officers respect. I have gotten pulled over for speeding twice and both times I didn't get a ticket. Nobody should be getting out of the car either. You are definitely looking for trouble if you do that.
Old 12-16-2001, 07:24 AM

dont listen to them cops are just people that right tickets
they have no say if they stick are not.
Go to court damn PIG wont even show up and you will get off.
I live in DC and cops are not ****s around here only where
you get those cops that have nothing else to do they pick on
the cars. Maybe one day people will stand up to the cops
and set them straight. But you will always have *** kissers
sprint. What
Old 12-16-2001, 07:27 AM

Originally posted by deezo
I got pulled over on night recently and I had my ex's son with me and mind you all he's only 3. He kept saying "Dana, drive fast!!" We were in a well known trap area and I kept elling him we can't and if you know 3 year olds, they just keep asking. So I kept going at my "slowed down" rate of 45 mph and the limit was 40. My radar goes off and the cops got me by laser, so I pull over. They were pulling tons of people over.
Now whenever I get pulled over, I don't just wait for the cops to ask me for license and registration. I think its dumb if you do wait because they are going to check you out if they pull you over anyway.

Cop: License and registration?
Dana: [Tommy Davidson] BAM!!! [/Tommy Davidson]
Cop: Is the child in a seatbelt?
Dana: Yes.

The cop walks to the car behind me to get there registration. Then he comes back:

Cop: I just acted like I wrote you a ticket. You're all set.
Dana: Thanks man! Take care.

If you get pulled over, show the officers respect. I have gotten pulled over for speeding twice and both times I didn't get a ticket. Nobody should be getting out of the car either. You are definitely looking for trouble if you do that.
You are wrong. You are supposed to impress them by telling them that they are jealous of your car and that they should be going after 'real' criminals. DUH!!
Old 12-16-2001, 07:28 AM

I think so far I'm a luck one.
10 years ago a policewoman stopped me when I drove from Oelando Disneyworld back to school in the midnight. I was driving too slow and maybe a little zigzaged as I was so tired. She thought I was drunk but found not, and told me to speed up a little, at least to the minimum speed (45 mph on that hiway). No ticket.
5 years ago I stopped then drove forward fron a stop sgin at a crossroad that I though was a 4-way stop but a 2-way stop. I blocked two motorcycle cops chasing a pickup who passed me a few seconds ago. 2nd cop continued chasing but the 1st got me. I said I'm so sorry officer that I didn't see... but I did a complete stop...
He was nice or maybe he didn't want to spend time on me. Just a verbal warning. No ticket.
Also lots of years ago, after my wife came back from 2nd shift around 11pm, we were moving from one apartment to another, with my wife driving our 86 Sentra full of junk, and I was following her in another car. A cop saw one Sentra's headlight was dead and stopped her for a license check. Her license was in my car for some reason.
The nice cop just told us to fix the light and left. We know that time we both looked like midnight thieves...No ticket.
Old 12-16-2001, 07:30 AM
Administrator

My Story.. and i have mattC from this BBS as a witness because he was in the pasenger seat..

Incident.. heading to Island Dragway.. we kinda got mixed up on directions and we ended up at a stop light.. 4 maximas, then a car, then ru4real, then a SUV, then me.. i did not want to get lost, so at the light there was a turning lane and the SUV was ahead of me.. so i chirped first gear .. blasted around the SUV and caught up with the group.. yes very dumb thing to do.. very dumb.. next thing i see was lights and i get pulled over..

i tell mattC to get my registration out of the glove box..

Cop: What was with that stunt you pulled back there..
me: i applogize Sir.. i am coming all the way from Connecticut with some friends and i did not want to get lost because we are going to Island Dragway and i don't have directions.
Cop: do you think that was a smart thing to do?
me: No sir i applogize..
Cop: license and registration..

I hand him my license and registration.. now matt and i are talking for a good 10 mins .. and then he finally comes back..

Cop: did you know your license is expired..
me: yes sir.. my birthday was 4 days ago and i have not had a time to get my license renewed, i appologize..

he hads back to the car.. at this time .. i am sure i am going to jail.. and i am talking to matt about it.. because i didn't even want to go to NJ that day anyway.. then the cop comes back..

Cop: i am going to give you a break on the stunt you pulled, but i am going to give you a ticket for expired license..

I was grateful and i expressed my gratefulness to him.. i then asked him for directions to Island Dragway and i was on my way.. he also asked matt if he had ID on him.. and matt didn't.. he didn't even bother saying anything after..

If i had mouthed off or opened my door or anything.. i was going to Jail.. he could have took me to jail and impounded my car.. if i was being stupid.. and he could have locked up matt also for not having identification.. he also had grounds to search my car if he wanted to also..
Old 12-16-2001, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
My Story.. and i have mattC from this BBS as a witness because he was in the pasenger seat..

Incident.. heading to Island Dragway.. we kinda got mixed up on directions and we ended up at a stop light.. 4 maximas, then a car, then ru4real, then a SUV, then me.. i did not want to get lost, so at the light there was a turning lane and the SUV was ahead of me.. so i chirped first gear .. blasted around the SUV and caught up with the group.. yes very dumb thing to do.. very dumb.. next thing i see was lights and i get pulled over..

me: i applogize Sir.. i am coming all the way from Connecticut with some friends and i did not want to get lost because we are going to Island Dragway and i don't have directions.

I hand him my license and registration.. now matt and i are talking for a good 10 mins .. and then he finally comes back..

me: yes sir.. my birthday was 4 days ago and i have not had a time to get my license renewed, i appologize..

he hads back to the car.. at this time .. i am sure i am going to jail.. and i am talking to matt about it.. because i didn't even want to go to NJ that day anyway.. then the cop comes back..

Cop: i am going to give you a break on the stunt you pulled, but i am going to give you a ticket for expired license..

I was grateful and i expressed my gratefulness to him.. i then asked him for directions to Island Dragway and i was on my way.. he also asked matt if he had ID on him.. and matt didn't.. he didn't even bother saying anything after..

If i had mouthed off or opened my door or anything.. i was going to Jail.. he could have took me to jail and impounded my car.. if i was being stupid.. and he could have locked up matt also for not having identification.. he also had grounds to search my car if he wanted to also..
You should have told the pig to **** himself, then taken the ticket, then sued the police department for infringing your right to drive. You damn goody-2-shoes.
Old 12-16-2001, 07:44 AM

Originally posted by mark w chrzanow
LOL you live in CT how many cops do you have in your
town 4.
uhh........aren't you from Prince William county ?
I've lived in every part of the DC area, and PW County is not the District of Columbia ?
So why all the trash talk ?
Old 12-16-2001, 07:45 AM

Re: Re: Got 5 tickets....Damn pigs

Stop talkin' sh$t about the Skins and you wont get anymore tickets, punk..#;>)

Originally posted by CHI99Limited
theres more to this story its 3am in chicago, going to bed. Wiull post the rest sometime after my eagles stomp the skins .
Old 12-16-2001, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by s1rch

I've lived in every part of the DC area, and PW County is not the District of Columbia ?
He's got superwhite lights, don't be messin with him!! He'll highbeam you to death!!
Old 12-16-2001, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by medicsonic

He's got superwhite lights, don't be messin with him!! He'll highbeam you to death!!
s1rch got a blower.. he can outrun him...
Old 12-16-2001, 07:48 AM

no he won't

Originally posted by medicsonic

too SLOW !!
Old 12-16-2001, 07:51 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

tell you what.. if you are black.. try that with the NJ state Police and see if yourass even makes it out the car..
Amen to that...the funny thing is how you people get all riled up about some cop saying you can't have blue lights, REALLY, its not that serious juist take them out, big deal!
Old 12-16-2001, 07:57 AM

LOL!!

Every Part?? Wow... but I doubt it..

Originally posted by s1rch

Old 12-16-2001, 08:01 AM

I can attest to how sprint asserted himself during the time he was pulled over. He acted in a completely professional manner, did what the cop told him to do, and didnt complain about it at all to me in the car. Remember... the cop is just as nervous as you are when all of this happens, whathappens if the cop pulled over the wrong guy and got a gun pulled on him? You see, being polite and all, makes the cop more secure, and he might even lessen up the ticket.

Cops can sometimes be *******s... but they can also be very understanding if you treat them with the repect they definately deserve.

- mattC
Old 12-16-2001, 08:06 AM

Always remember a few things.

Never get out of your car during a stop or being questioned. Just remember, the officer will think about safety first. It was good that you told him that you needed to get out but it really wasnt needed for you to still try to get out after he implied not to.

Revving your engine never helps either. It just puts a picture of your car & you in their mind and if they get you next time, they will harrass the **** out of you.

BTW-NJ State police do not play games, all business. If you revved on them, they will make sure you have enough citation to last you the next year.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by Washington DC Maxima
Every Part?? Wow... but I doubt it..
oh no !
you doubt it, what am I to do ?

LOL !
Old 12-16-2001, 08:16 AM

Once when getting pulled over I did something stupid. But thats not the point. Revving your engine... Did you think they were going to come and apologize for ticketing you? Don't brake the law, when your breaking the law. At a traffic stop 99% of the law becomes Officer Discression, so take the ticket if you think you have been wronged take it before the judge, and file a complaint against the officer. There are systems in place in every city and county to deal with bad cops. Even the DC metro police have Quality Assurance programs. If you haven't ever really been a public servant in a thankless life risking job, just smile and say thank you for doing what you do so I can be the *** that I am. Or put on a uniform (not a UPS or Postal uniform) and serve your community.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:39 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Respect police officers and they will respect you. There are so many dumb ***** on this board that are just asking for trouble.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:44 AM

LOL!!

I's sorry massa!! LOL!! Would you have acted that way if your license was clean?? You got pulled over for passing or speeding?? Were their double lines or somethin'? Did you speed? Did the cop have radar?? What law did you break??

I had a similar situation in SE DC.. I dropped my buddy off and I was heading to the hwy by driving on PA Avenue. Turned out my exit was closed for construction so I had to cross the bridge and bust a U turn near Capitol Hill.. Well my original exit was on the right so I had to get over to the far left to turn around.. A cop was in the middle lane puttin' along jammin' up traffic.. I had to pass the cop just to get over.. The speed limit is either 25-35.. I pass the cop and make my U turn.. A half mile down the road the cop rolls up on me and lit me up.. I was like damn I wasn't even speeding.. I figured he'd pull me over and I'd just tell him and he should understand, especially since I did nothing illegal.. I stop in the road(to the right) since there are no pull offs in DC(in the city). Barney Fife pulls in front of me and I'm thinkin' to myself hmmm sh*t is about to get hectic.. Cops that pull in front usually are untrained or preparing to kill(from my experience).. Barney draws his firearm and points it at my face and approaches my car(with no back up at that point) and then begins his speach.

Barney- did you know you passed a police officer!!?

Me, the crimminal- yes, I needed to get over and make a U turn cause that exit to the HWY was closed.

Barney- you know you don't pass police officers right?? I can have you locked up for wreckless driving..

Me the crimminal - It is not illegal to pass cops and like I said I needed to get over, my signal was on, and I did nothing wreckless.

His back up arrives but I don't think he actually called it in but who knows.. It was a paddy wagon and two other cops who never drew their weapons.. As they walked up Barney put his firearm away.. Barney pleads his case to the Paddy Wagon drivers; another call came in and they told Barney to take it.

Barney- Your lucky I have this other call otherwise you'd be locked up for the weekend..

Me the crimminal- Really, gee thanks?

The Paddy cops laughed and we all went on our way..

Every "good" story ya'll have I have a bad one.. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten off for doing illegal things but traffic offenses are misdemeaners not felony.

Old 12-16-2001, 08:51 AM

The first thing you should do is always be polite to law enforcement officials. Maybe after reading this thread you started, you and everyone else will realize that you are always better off doing so, especially when the officer is one of the "ticket happy" persuasion. As rare as it may be, they are out there; you would think that their entire job was to write tickets and make your life miserable. However, you should also know what is legal and what is illegal in your area. For example, in my area, you don't have to obey traffic control devices on private property that are more than 100 feet from a main highway or road. I learned that in defensive driving class (which I had taken for the insurance discount only). Also, since you were at the store, which I am also assuming is private property, I am not too sure on the legality of issuing tickets on private property. I think if they followed you in from the main road, they might be able to get away with it. But otherwise, private property is the same as having your car in your driveway.

If I was in your situation, the first thing I would do is fix whatever you can with your car that is not legal in your area. I would also do something about your exhaust, because that is probably what attracted them to your car in the first place. Also, police rarely issue tickets for excessively loud exhaust unless it is either really excessively loud, or you have encountered the "ticket happy" officer. However, I am going to have to think that your exhaust must be pretty loud for more than one officer to complain. This also makes me wonder how you were driving into the parking lot. Were you driving normally or were you trying to see how many G's you could pull on your G-Tech? There is a difference and any officer will notice and be prepared to fine. Here you are either going to have to get your fart can fixed, or live with the equipment violation fine.
Secondly, you must not go through the drive-through windows at McDonalds in your town much because you can't get out of your car to get your wallet there either. That is just rediculous. Don't ever open the door or even take your hands off of the wheel unless the officer tells you to. He has to control the situation and as soon as he thinks that he isn't in control or you are not following his instructions, you really will feel the "long arm of the law".
Thirdly, after trying to get your car up to code, I would fight the tickets. Show up to court EARLY, dress nicely, and pay attention.
And lastly, while in court, show the judge respect. You may get off the hook if the officer doesn't show, but you had better respect the judge and say "yes sir" or "yes ma'am" or your *** is as good as grass. Explain your situation slowly, vividly, and precisely. Do not tell them about the other "illegal" Altima. Tell them that you have had the violations corrected (if you have). Answer all of their questions truthfully or to the best of your knowledge, and you will probably be able to have some or all of the violations dropped, especially the 'excessive engine revving in a parking lot' that the officer totally made up.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

Amen to that...the funny thing is how you people get all riled up about some cop saying you can't have blue lights, REALLY, its not that serious juist take them out, big deal!
About the blue lights. Most of these are 100% street legal and you can prove them wrong. Leave the package in your car(if it says 100% street legal) and show it to the officer. If he still brings you to court, than fight it. Same thing with altezza's. State trooper's seem to think they are not legal because they don't have a amber turning signal. But APC guarantees them 100% street legal. I had a friend get pulled over for altezza's and when the cop told him the reason they wasn't legal(no amber signal) he pointed out at a 00' mustang and said that mustang doesn't have amber turning signals, go write him a ticket. He got out of the ticket and no one else around here has gotten a ticket for them.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:58 AM

True

Maybe if more cars come with HID the blue lights won't be as noticiable?? #;>)

Originally posted by DA-MAX

Old 12-16-2001, 09:01 AM
Administrator

despite what your rice package says.. check your laws.. Blue lights are not allowed on automobiles that are not emergency automobiles.. go check your local library..

Originally posted by Kyle7475

About the blue lights. Most of these are 100% street legal and you can prove them wrong. Leave the package in your car(if it says 100% street legal) and show it to the officer. If he still brings you to court, than fight it. Same thing with altezza's. State trooper's seem to think they are not legal because they don't have a amber turning signal. But APC guarantees them 100% street legal. I had a friend get pulled over for altezza's and when the cop told him the reason they wasn't legal(no amber signal) he pointed out at a 00' mustang and said that mustang doesn't have amber turning signals, go write him a ticket. He got out of the ticket and no one else around here has gotten a ticket for them.
Old 12-16-2001, 09:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mark w chrzanow
LOL you live in CT how many cops do you have in your
town 4.
That was corny.

Quick Reply: Got 5 tickets by the nice police officer......