General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

NWP Engineering - Thank you to all my loyal customers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:26 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Cant_Get_Ryte
wife stole mine never got one wear
Sorry.

Gonna be powdercoating some stuff to include my link can u shoot me pricing for more deals, and another xxl t if u got em still...and details on what's next
What pricing do you need?

I don't have any more 2XL Tshirts left. I hope to print up another batch of the NWP Racing Tshirts soon though.

We have several new product designs we are working on right now that I can't talk about just yet. Once testing is fully completed, I will be able to leak some information. But until I know that the prototype kit has been tested to my incredibly high standards, I can't leak any information about it.

A deal that we plan to release soon is the new pricing for the Engine Torque Link Kits. I was able to reduce the machining costs and plan to pass that savings onto the customer.

Originally Posted by Prophecy99
Somehow my tech was worried to install the lower intake manifold spacers (according to the books u have to remove the fuel rails to get to them, but if they thoroughly read Aarons install papers it says you don't need to do that) so I essentially have the 3 piece kit installed right now. To me it still feels like 10hp and you probably could tell me its no different, its absolutely amazing. But I still ask my self what will those LIM spacers do!? so I cannot wait for the day to get them on there...which in my practical eyes won't be untill I get new spark plugs in 50k+ miles... but i can not wait to see how much the LIM do by them selfs.

Note to self, I can allways sell my unused LIM to someone who wants a full 5 pc set ...nice !
The LIM Spacers do more than most people realize. During all our testing, the LIM Spacers reduced the temperature of the LIM by 30 degrees! Those two thin Spacers do a lot of insulating that I think is important to the overall gain of the 5pc kit. As far as HP is concerned when the engine is at operating temperature, the LIM Spacers should only provide probably a 2-3hp increase by themselves. But, if you want the full 10hp and 12 ft-lbs of torque and 40 degree reduction in UIM temps, even in those hot summer temperatures when the car is fully heat soaked, you will need the entire 5pc kit installed.

In our 3pc kit testing, we noticed that without the LIM Spacers installed, the UIM does not see a 40 degree reduction in temperatures like with the 5pc kit. But the UIM showed a 30 degree reduction in temperature. Since the two LIM Spacers weren't there, the 1/4" UIM Spacer has to deal with much higher LIM temperatures resulting in less of a temp reduction in the UIM.

Once you install those LIM Spacers to complete your kit, you'll notice that your UIM will be even cooler than before.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

for the lb-ft vs lb-in, when I made a writeup how-to, I used colors to denote the differences. Red for lb-ft that we're used to, and blue for lb-in. If you can't print in color, perhaps bold vs italics vs underlined?

I learned the hard way and broke a few camshaft bolts before. lol...

Dr J
Old 10-26-2011, 08:29 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by ThurzNite
for the lb-ft vs lb-in, when I made a writeup how-to, I used colors to denote the differences. Red for lb-ft that we're used to, and blue for lb-in. If you can't print in color, perhaps bold vs italics vs underlined?

I learned the hard way and broke a few camshaft bolts before. lol...

Dr J
Thanks for the tip. I made the ft-lbs reading in large font. The in-lbs reading was in a very small font. So hopefully, if someone carelessly torques a bolt down without knowing whether it's ft or in-lbs, their eye will see the larger font, which is ft-lbs. If they are using an in-lbs torque wrench but use the ft-lb number, at least they won't over tighten anything and crack an intake manifold, strip threads, or damage the TB.

In the FSM, it's hard for a new mechanic to know whether they are talking about ft or in-lbs. The wrench icon is slightly different, which denotes what torque measuring unit is being used. But, I always question everything that I "think" my eyes are reading. If I think I read some instructions telling me to tighten a tiny M6 bolt to 84 ft-lbs, I question it and read again. More than likely, it meant 84 in-lbs.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! I am hoping the smaller font for the in-lb unit will be enough. I should go back and make all the ft-lb units in bold. And all the in-lb units will be regular small font.

In fact, ... DONE! All the ft-lb units are in bold. All the in-lb units are in smaller, regular font in parenthesis.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
Sorry.

What pricing do you need?

I don't have any more 2XL Tshirts left. I hope to print up another batch of the NWP Racing Tshirts soon though.All good...Ill wait

We have several new product designs we are working on right now that I can't talk about just yet. Once testing is fully completed, I will be able to leak some information. But until I know that the prototype kit has been tested to my incredibly high standards, I can't leak any information about it.
Im patient....
A deal that we plan to release soon is the new pricing for the Engine Torque Link Kits. I was able to reduce the machining costs and plan to pass that savings onto the customer.Already got that bro powdercoating it tommorrow
Old 10-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Gotcha. Did my intake stuff last night intend to pull the link tonight
Originally Posted by Rochester
Powdercoat all the parts of the torque link, Cant_Get_Ryte; (except for the chrome end-pieces). I neglected to powdercoat the little passenger-mount bracket, and now regret it.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:15 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

And I meant decals. Stupid autocorrect, I access the site with my phone. It always has me posting gibberish.

But I need 4 nwp decals if you have em for sale bro
Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 AM
NWP Engineering.com

And I meant decals. Stupid autocorrect, I access the site with my phone. It always has me posting gibberish.

But I need 4 nwp decals if you have em for sale bro
Sure thing. NWP decals are always free to anybody wanting to put them on their Maxima and support us.

Just send me an email to aaron@nwpengineering.com with your full address and I'll stick them in the mail.

We have decals in Silver, White, and Red.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

got it and sent. thanks. repowdercoating...also need to pick your brain on cam choices. stuck between some stage 2 crowers and stage 3. curious what you think with stock control of the shifting...or if in doing these you think the suprastick would be a necessary upgrade? it will still be a daily...give you a call monday/
Old 10-31-2011, 09:36 AM
NWP Engineering.com

got it and sent. thanks. repowdercoating...also need to pick your brain on cam choices. stuck between some stage 2 crowers and stage 3. curious what you think with stock control of the shifting...or if in doing these you think the suprastick would be a necessary upgrade? it will still be a daily...give you a call monday/
No problem. I got your email as well. I will respond before the end of the day today.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:13 PM
NWP Engineering.com

I just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know about a subtle change I made with the packaging of our Thermal Intake Spacers. It seems to be a common occurrence for a customer to call or email to inform us that they only received 4 Spacers instead of 5. But what they may not realize is that we package our 2 thin Lower Intake Manifold Spacers in the same foam wrap. So it appears there are only 4 Spacers in the package when they first open it.

I'm sure this can be VERY frustrating for the customer! I know I am not happy when I receive a new toy for my car just to find out the company messed up my order. So I feel bad that one of my customers was stressed out over what they think is a packaging error. Then they have to contact me to find out that there are indeed 5 Spacers in their package. I do not want my customer to be stressed out even for a second.

So I decided to stick a label on the LIM Spacers to show that there are two of them wrapped up in the foam wrap. We've been doing this to all our packages for over 3 months now and it has virtually eliminated the calls and emails about this.

Also, I am currently looking over our installation instructions for the Thermal Intake Spacers yet again and have found a few areas where I can rephrase certain steps and add little tips that should help aid in the smoothness of the install.

And our instructions state to remove the support bracket on the backside of the Elbow. Since a few of our customers have failed to see this, I have made the font very large and bold since I feel it is a crucial detail that can not be missed. If you attempt to install the Spacers without removing this bracket, the UIM will not sit flat on the LIM and intake leaks will occur. And worse, you could crack the bolt holes on the UIM when you torque down the bolts since it's not laying flat and is propped up on the support bracket.

I hope these little improvements will result in our customers being even happier than they already are!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:39 PM
NWP Engineering.com

The original post has been edited to include this extra information.

Here is an illustration that explains what I am referring to when I say that various aspects from each of the two mating manifolds are used. This illustration shows what is involved in designing only the Elbow Spacer used in our 02-08 Maxima Spacer Kit. There are two manifolds used to make this unique Spacer design, the Upper Intake Manifold (UIM) and the Elbow. If only one intake manifold was copied, it wouldn't result in the beautiful Elbow Spacer design you see at the bottom of the picture. This design technique was also used in our Upper Intake Manifold Spacer with the same kit. If we simply copied only one manifold, our Spacers would not look anything like what they do.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

^^^^WOW!

Ive never really thought about that before! Shows how a clean properly made spacer is done! The design is def unique by blending the 2 drawings!!!

Thanks for posting its very interesting.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by SurraTT
^^^^WOW!

Ive never really thought about that before! Shows how a clean properly made spacer is done! The design is def unique by blending the 2 drawings!!!

Thanks for posting its very interesting.
I appreciate it. Most people think that we simply copy the intake manifold. But, they may not realize that in order to come up with our unique design, both mating manifolds are used.

If I copied one of the manifolds, it would look exactly like that particular manifold as shown in the picture above. But, by taking a blend of both manifolds, it allows us to design a 'one of a kind' Thermal Intake Spacer that looks appealing once installed. It will not stick out like a copy of a gasket would.

This also applies to the UIM Spacer and the TB Spacer in the same VQ35 kit. They also are unique since a blend of lines were used between two manifolds.