General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Here is pics of Korean style maxima

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 01:43 PM

Interesting....
Old 09-03-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Vq25de ..
I want that engine cover.
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
It looks like VG25de to me...
Name:  QbUjD.gif
Views: 13
Size:  503 Bytes
Originally Posted by asand1
Front end looks like a Buick.
I kinda want it, would make for a great(er) sleeper.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by schmellyfart

Old 09-10-2012, 04:48 AM

Why? No one wants mevis anymore.. the 00vi is the craze... i like my mevi.. but it will be time for a DEK swap in my 99 soon and once i do i will end up selling my mevi...but not to just anyone....you gave to not be a newb.....lol
Old 09-10-2012, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by MAXIMA_STYLE
Why? No one wants mevis anymore.. the 00vi is the craze... i like my mevi.. but it will be time for a DEK swap in my 99 soon and once i do i will end up selling my mevi...but not to just anyone....you gave to not be a newb.....lol
i personally have been thinkin bout doin the mevi not the 00vi, cuz you can buy them mevis new, and the plastic 00vi is all go no show, while the mevi looks good too, plus that mevi VF cover from ID? dealbreaker
Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by schmellyfart

quoted for the epic lawlz
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by GGENIUS
i personally have been thinkin bout doin the mevi not the 00vi, cuz you can buy them mevis new, and the plastic 00vi is all go no show, while the mevi looks good too, plus that mevi VF cover from ID? dealbreaker
If you're all about looks, the the MEVI is UNBEATABLE. I don't think any VQ motor all the way up to the 2013 Maxima looks as good.

The 00VI completely owns it in terms of performance, however. And, the 00VI is a significantly more complicated install so

DW
Old 09-10-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by MAXIMA_STYLE

If you're going to do a DEK swap why not just go 3.5?

DW
Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
MEVI + SC was bad azz. Ask iansw.
Nozama had it too.... course we never really got to experience it, we were killing transmissions in three days.... Put a new one in, dead in three days
Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by dwapenyi
If you're all about looks, the the MEVI is UNBEATABLE. I don't think any VQ motor all the way up to the 2013 Maxima looks as good.

The 00VI completely owns it in terms of performance, however. And, the 00VI is a significantly more complicated install so

DW
im not ALL about looks, but im also not ALL about squeezing EVERY HP outta my car you know? i mean a mevi with and intake and exhaust and catman ypipe should yield enough fun to justify. plus dont the NWP spacers still serve a decent purpose on a mevi?

i ask because i have them for my stock engine and id hate to buy an upgrade that removes the 200+ i dropped on the spacers.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:17 PM

im not ALL about looks, but im also not ALL about squeezing EVERY HP outta my car you know? i mean a mevi with and intake and exhaust and catman ypipe should yield enough fun to justify. plus dont the NWP spacers still serve a decent purpose on a mevi?

i ask because i have them for my stock engine and id hate to buy an upgrade that removes the 200+ i dropped on the spacers.
The problem with the MEVI is that the mid-range is actually worse than stock. It trades mid-range torque for high end power. For people who go SC or turbo, those mods will easily compensate for that and probably make top end absolutely insane. I'm going NA, and every last drop of increase, mid range and top end, hence the 00VI.

DW
Old 09-10-2012, 02:47 PM

The problem with the MEVI is that the mid-range is actually worse than stock. It trades mid-range torque for high end power. For people who go SC or turbo, those mods will easily compensate for that and probably make top end absolutely insane. I'm going NA, and every last drop of increase, mid range and top end, hence the 00VI.

DW
so even with the spacers, a fender CAI, and a catback and cattman ypipe you think my midrange power will still be ****? as of right now with just spacers, CAI, and catback i dont feel a lack of power throughout the band, at all.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:00 PM

so even with the spacers, a fender CAI, and a catback and cattman ypipe you think my midrange power will still be ****? as of right now with just spacers, CAI, and catback i dont feel a lack of power throughout the band, at all.

You're trying to maximize your NA potential, like me. So do all those mods. Then, switch out the MEVI and put in an 00VI. Still NA, but everything is better. CAI, cattback, everything.

DW
Old 09-10-2012, 05:21 PM

shocknawe talks a big game, but some of the things he asks questions about leads me to believe hes just bsin.
the vq25 was a joke dude.....it looks like a knockoff maxima so I said it looks like it has an engine Nissan never made...obviously the joke was lost on everyone
Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 PM

the vq25 was a joke dude.....it looks like a knockoff maxima so I said it looks like it has an engine Nissan never made...obviously the joke was lost on everyone

But the VQ25DE DID exist....where's that Schmellyfart gif when u need it?

DW
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM

But the VQ25DE DID exist....where's that Schmellyfart gif when u need it?

DW
again.....not on a maxima
Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 PM

again.....not on a maxima
Dude, you should stop while you're behind lol.

If you are REALLY into maximas you would know at least 2 of its very famous motors, the VQ and the VG.

So you come along and bastradize the engine names combining VG and VQ names into one, and hence (insert schmelly fart gif here)

Now you say not on a maxima, and yet this thread is titled Korean MAXIMA, and its pictured with what? A VQ25DE.

Holy cow
Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 PM

spelling error. I give up lol. I said vg25de as a joke but no I had no idea a vq25de existed. If I am wrong I will admit it but im telling you it was a joke
Old 09-11-2012, 12:47 AM

the front end of the 4th gen looks really classy
Old 09-11-2012, 07:05 AM

You're trying to maximize your NA potential, like me. So do all those mods. Then, switch out the MEVI and put in an 00VI. Still NA, but everything is better. CAI, cattback, everything.

DW
i feel you, i mean i get the logistics behind it. but my NWP spacers are a year old. i dont wanna negate them already! and the 00vi takes the fun out of the spacers i feel.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by shocknawe
spelling error. I give up lol. I said vg25de as a joke but no i had no idea a vq25de existed. If i am wrong i will admit it but im telling you it was a joke
ill tell you whats a joke you jokemonger
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 AM

i feel you, i mean i get the logistics behind it. but my NWP spacers are a year old. i dont wanna negate them already! and the 00vi takes the fun out of the spacers i feel.
So is it that the NWP spacers for a 4th gen wont fit the 00VI? You would need the 5th gen spacers? I would think that since the 4th and 5th gen manifold UIMs have only slightly different threading connections, you could somehow fiddle your 4th gen spacer to work with it. And if you do, it's all gravy man.

But, I will admitt, the MEVI is completely BOLT-ON to the 4th gen and the engine cover for it, as pictured in the Korean maxima at the beginning of this thread, is gorgeous.

If I had a car show car, the MEVI would be my pick for engine dressing the VQ

DW
Old 09-11-2012, 01:27 PM

So is it that the NWP spacers for a 4th gen wont fit the 00VI? You would need the 5th gen spacers? I would think that since the 4th and 5th gen manifold UIMs have only slightly different threading connections, you could somehow fiddle your 4th gen spacer to work with it. And if you do, it's all gravy man.

But, I will admitt, the MEVI is completely BOLT-ON to the 4th gen and the engine cover for it, as pictured in the Korean maxima at the beginning of this thread, is gorgeous.

If I had a car show car, the MEVI would be my pick for engine dressing the VQ

DW
no the 00vi is plastic aint i correct? so whats the point of spacers to lower the heat transfer when the manifold does it itself right? ive been told the spacers do basically nothing with an 00vi. cuz they make spacers for the 5th gen if that was the case.(not that i wouldnt just fab mine to fit.)
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 PM

no the 00vi is plastic aint i correct? so whats the point of spacers to lower the heat transfer when the manifold does it itself right? ive been told the spacers do basically nothing with an 00vi. cuz they make spacers for the 5th gen if that was the case.(not that i wouldnt just fab mine to fit.)
I see your point that perhaps the effect is not so great on the plastic 00VI. Hmmm. OK.

DW
Old 09-13-2012, 09:47 AM
NWP Engineering.com

The 4th gen Maxima NWP Spacers will still fit on the VQ30DEK 5th gen Maxima. The intake ports on the UIM and LIM are shaped exactly the same. But since the bolt pattern is different on the UIM, you will need to make a couple modifications to the Spacer to get it to line up perfectly with the ports.

You can download the exact Modification Instructions on our website here in PDF format: http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...s.html#VQ30DEK

If you want to convert over from the 4th gen Spacer Kit to the 5th gen Spacer Kit, you will just need to order the 5th gen Maxima hardware kit from us to transfer your UIM Spacer over to the 5th gen.

The LIM Spacers don't require any modification and are exactly the same between the 4th and 5th gen Maxima VQ30.

Also, since the 5th gen VQ30 has a plastic intake manifold, it doesn't get as hot as the 4th gen VQ30 cast aluminum intake manifold. But you will still notice a temperature reduction. And you will also notice increased throttle response and a much smooth powerband than before due to increased midrange HP.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:10 AM

wish ours came with sideskirts and clean tail lights like those, and those gauges are sweet!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:20 AM

the interior is pretty nice actually; except the window switches. and it looks like theres no e-brake atleast from the pictures we got. but ive never seen a vq25 with the mevi its probably pretty quick
Old 09-13-2012, 03:00 PM

hmm. but then if you added them to a mevi then maybe that middle ground loss wouldnt exist anymore? or even better?? hmmmmmm.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
The 4th gen Maxima NWP Spacers will still fit on the VQ30DEK 5th gen Maxima. The intake ports on the UIM and LIM are shaped exactly the same. But since the bolt pattern is different on the UIM, you will need to make a couple modifications to the Spacer to get it to line up perfectly with the ports.

You can download the exact Modification Instructions on our website here in PDF format: http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...s.html#VQ30DEK

If you want to convert over from the 4th gen Spacer Kit to the 5th gen Spacer Kit, you will just need to order the 5th gen Maxima hardware kit from us to transfer your UIM Spacer over to the 5th gen.

The LIM Spacers don't require any modification and are exactly the same between the 4th and 5th gen Maxima VQ30.

Also, since the 5th gen VQ30 has a plastic intake manifold, it doesn't get as hot as the 4th gen VQ30 cast aluminum intake manifold. But you will still notice a temperature reduction. And you will also notice increased throttle response and a much smooth powerband than before due to increased midrange HP.
the post above this one is in response to your dropping knowledge on us about the 00vi. appreciated.

wait wait, wait... so maybe with an 00vi and spacers the VQ'll be 2 COOLLL 4 SCHOOL?????????????

Last edited by GGENIUS; 09-13-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:22 PM

...00vi and spacers the VQ'll be 2 COOLLL 4 SCHOOL?????????????

THAT is what I was getting at.

fuhgetaboutit.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:08 AM
NWP Engineering.com

hmm. but then if you added them to a mevi then maybe that middle ground loss wouldnt exist anymore? or even better?? hmmmmmm.
The people that have the Spacers installed with the MEVI or the 00vi absolutely love the increased power. They work great on both.