General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

WSP Subframe connecters stage 2 update and more

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 08:19 PM

WSP Subframe connecters stage 2 update and more

Today Dallas completed the stage 2 SFCs on our 96. It went well and we will be posting PICs tomorrow night. I tried to get Dallas to post them tonight but he just put in a 16 HR day and said enough. Total price will be either $225 or $250 for both stages. The best and easiest way will be to put both stages on at once.
We would like to hear feedback as to if people are gonna want these either painted or powder coated. Please vote for either bare, painted or powder coated. Bear in mind additional work will increase prices. Personally, I plan to weld my set on and then spray paint them black.
Also, we will be releasing in the next 48 hours a mandrel bent 2.5 section that will replace the restrictive area just behind the cat on the 4th and 5th Gen. cars. Dallas will also be posting PICs of this as well.It's gonna be quite reasonable as usual.

Dan WSP
Old 01-10-2002, 08:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: WSP Subframe connecters stage 2 update and more

Originally posted by Dan 93 SE
Today Dallas completed the stage 2 SFCs on our 96. It went well and we will be posting PICs tomorrow night. I tried to get Dallas to post them tonight but he just put in a 16 HR day and said enough. Total price will be either $225 or $250 for both stages. The best and easiest way will be to put both stages on at once.
We would like to hear feedback as to if people are gonna want these either painted or powder coated. Please vote for either bare, painted or powder coated. Bear in mind additional work will increase prices. Personally, I plan to weld my set on and then spray paint them black.
Also, we will be releasing in the next 48 hours a mandrel bent 2.5 section that will replace the restrictive area just behind the cat on the 4th and 5th Gen. cars. Dallas will also be posting PICs of this as well.It's gonna be quite reasonable as usual.

Dan WSP
Cool...keep us up to date...I would buy one for my 96 but I would like it to match stillens RSB (Light grey) or blend in with the chasis (whatever), black...

Erik
Old 01-10-2002, 08:30 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Powdercoated would be my vote....

Red!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 08:45 PM

Very cool! Can you please give details on what stage 1 does vs stage 2? I mean, obviously stage 2 gives additional support over stage 1... but any specs, or description of the difference between the two parts?? I'm mostly interested in tightening up my chassis... don't care too much about handling, is stage 1 all that would make a difference to me, or will I notice a considerable difference with stage 2 as well?

Also... will there be a stage 3, or is this it?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2002, 08:58 PM

WSP sfc

Threxx, check out Matt93SEs sticky on top of 3rd Gen forum, it will answer you questions. Heres the link to original stage 1 install in case anyone hasnt seen what stage 1 looks like.

http://warpspeedperformance.com/subframe2.htm

In the cars I have ridden, they are much quieter on bumpy roads with alot of small squeaks eliminated. Stage 2 is so new we will be having the lucky prototyping Maxima owners post their impressions over the next 2 weeks.

Dan WSP
Old 01-10-2002, 09:08 PM

Re: WSP sfc

Threxx, check out Matt93SEs sticky on top of 3rd Gen forum, it will answer you questions. Heres the link to original stage 1 install in case anyone hasnt seen what stage 1 looks like.

http://warpspeedperformance.com/subframe2.htm

In the cars I have ridden, they are much quieter on bumpy roads with alot of small squeaks eliminated. Stage 2 is so new we will be having the lucky prototyping Maxima owners post their impressions over the next 2 weeks.

Dan WSP
Way to go Dan! This is very good stuff you guy's are comming out with. I will probably be in the market for a mandrel bent B-pipe in a few weeks, I was hopeing you guy's would make one!{the only one available too}. The subframes still sound very interesting to me, I want to give it a month or so to see what I hear about them before ordering. I was wondering if you know how much stage 1 and 2 will weigh together? And Again, thanks for adding these great new parts to the maxima community
Old 01-10-2002, 09:16 PM

WSP SFCs

emax95, I have to defer the weight question to Dallas as he was the one putting it together today. My guestimation is 25-30 lbs total. The stage 2 will not hang any lower that stage 1. It has a piece that goes straight across behind cat and 4 other pieces that cross, 2 before cat and 2 after. Your best bet is to see PICs tomorrow.The weight question will be addressed then as well. Thanks for you postive feed back.

Dan WSP
Old 01-10-2002, 09:21 PM

Re: WSP SFCs

emax95, I have to defer the weight question to Dallas as he was the one putting it together today. My guestimation is 25-30 lbs total. The stage 2 will not hang any lower that stage 1. It has a piece that goes straight across behind cat and 4 other pieces that cross, 2 before cat and 2 after. Your best bet is to see PICs tomorrow.The weight question will be addressed then as well. Thanks for you postive feed back.

Dan WSP
Sounds good. I forgot to mention that if I buy these subframes I would like to have the option of buying them with no paint or powder coating. I personaly would like to color match them to the color of my car.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:30 PM

So these will be available for the 5th gen as well. Sounds very promising
Old 01-10-2002, 11:32 PM
SLOW

Wow only 30 lbs huh? not bad at all.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:54 PM

Thats some great stuff, I'd personlly would want them to be the cheapest color, even if they do look like crap. To me form follows function. I definately would want these cause I know how flexable the maxima chassis is.

However, one thing I and probbly many others here would like to see developed are these:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ght=suspension
Old 01-10-2002, 11:56 PM
STFU n00b!

A couple things...

the subframes did increase overall road noise.. made it sound like the tires were noisier.. I'm guessing that's because both ends of the suspension are connected better to the frame, so they transmit more vibration.

the upside is that bumps- small and large, the car feels MUCH more confident over.
it's a little twitchy at high speed, but that's because the car actually responds and turns when you touch the wheel. it's just something you'll have to get used to. (btw, high speeds mean well into 3-digit territory. a place only a fraction of you guys see)

the SFCs also increased in-town comfort quite a bit, due to the fact the car doesn't rattle over bumps anymore- it's just "THUMP!" and it's gone. no more of the 1/2 sec while the car settles down over the bump.. much better.

weight isn't much. about 30lbs.
as for color, I wouldn't worry about getting them painted body color or anything. you can't see them unless you're under the car, and the bottom edge is already scraped off most of the left side. went over a big hump entering a parking lot and hung high-center. it would have done the same had I not had the SFCs too, so it's nothing to be too concerned about. but they do hang a tad bit lower than the frame rails.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dan, this has been asked on the 3rd Gen BBS too, but if you wanted both Stage 1 and Stage 2, would it be advantageous to wait for Stage 2 and buy both at once, or just buy Stage 1 before the end of the month now and get Stage 2 later? (Let's ignore shipping for discussion's sake.)
Old 01-11-2002, 05:15 AM

WSP sfc

After talking with Dallas last night he seems pretty clear that getting and installing both stages at one is gonna be alot easier. PICs of stage 2 posted tonight. Thanks for your support.

Dan WSP
Old 01-11-2002, 07:45 AM

Dyno for B-Pipe?

Please please Pleeeeeeze!!

I buy Dyno-proven results. I think you’ll make up for it in added sales.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:56 AM

Is this somthing I could weld on with my light duty 110v MIG welder?
Old 01-11-2002, 03:57 PM

WSP subframes and more

Yes, you could weld them on yourself if you are used to welding overhead. Good prep is essential as is being careful not to start a fire.
As far as b-pipe dyno, my feeling is we won't be doing it. Dallas and I have spent hundreds on dynoing. When we post results no one believes us. We might be talked into assisting someone who wants to dyno. I see it as a no win situation for us.

Dan WSP