General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Recirculate Button ON A/C Acting Up, Read On.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2000, 12:54 PM

Driveing this morning, pritty cool out so I press the recirculate button to allow the cold air to come inside through the vents. The fan is off. after about 5minz I start to get cold and I press the button again to shut the vents and damn air still blowing through the vents and the lights is on that tells me that there shouldn't be any air comeing inside. Ok, worried me a bit. I was goin about 70-90mph. Come to a stop, press the button again, light turns greeen I start driveing and the vent is shut no more air. My dumbass I press it again to see if its working right. Air starts to come through like normal, I press the botton to close it and same crap, the light is on but air is comeing through the vent.

This is what I think. when I'm driveing the car fast the force of the wind is not allowing the motor to shut the vent but when i'm stopped it closes it. This is damn crazy. Isn't the air coming in through the grilles where the wipers are? where is the air comeing from? and where is this shutter that shuts the vents? Anyone?
Old 11-11-2000, 01:39 PM

I've had that problem before too..

your guess may be correct. the force from the wind at that speed may be too much for the motor that shuts the vents. It's been working ok lately though.
Old 11-11-2000, 05:52 PM

Re: I've had that problem before too..

Originally posted by clsund
your guess may be correct. the force from the wind at that speed may be too much for the motor that shuts the vents. It's been working ok lately though.
Man I don't know about U but pulling over on a highway is no solution. It didn't happin again this afternoon but I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.