General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Did you use Bar's head gasket by Bar's Products?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Did you use Bar's head gasket by Bar's Products?

Bar's head gasket and Bar's permanent head gasket fix, don't use the product on your NISSAN MAXIMA or any other model, is **** in a bottle

The issue is not that you can't expect much from a product like Bar's
Bar's Products rips off customers and duped them by thousands and thousands, telling them that Bar's is a permanent fix
We have Consumers Protection Laws and the Government Agency must put a stop on all that
A car is not a toy, products like Bar's do a lot of damages to car engines
Do you think the people have to foot the bill and shut up?

There are thousands and thousands of complaints on Bar's
Bar's keeps selling a product that used to work somehow (I don't know for how long) on very old engines, having iron block and heads
but is a total failure in engines having aluminum heads
NISSAN MAXIMA OWNERS WITH ALUMINUM HEADS:

STOP, A WARNING FOR EVERYBODY, having in mind to use the Bar's product
Once the damage is done, you are in your own and Bar's will ignore your claim and will not pay for damages
Bar's widespread photos of Bar's bottles everywhere, but not a single photo of its working areas (if any),
neither technicians and engineers working on hundred of motors
Where is the R&D (research and development) and chemical laboratory?
Bar's printed on the bottle that Bar's is a permanent fix and solution, but is not!
Bar's is selling a bottle for $33.00 (small bottle) and a bigger one $65.00
Bar's only purpose is to pocket the money and selling cheaper than the competition
Will you accept a rip off like this?

The worse part on all this is that Bar's pays websites to post fakes stories, but no proof and evidence on anything
Bar's people also posted hundreds and hundred of fakes reviews, no full names, neither addresses and phone numbers

Bar’ Head Gasket Fix # 1111 product used and reported by a mechanic
Its kinda a PITA (pain in the ****, a major annoyance) sometimes though when you actually go to do the head gasket later on. The stuff kind of "welds" itself between the gasket and the block and head. One time we had an old FJ (Toyota) that we were trying to do a HG on, and obviously someone used some sealer on it before. We had everything undone, and had a cherry picker hooked to it pulling up. We kept thinking we forgot a bolt or something, and as we were poking around in there the head just totally popped off. Just about hit me in the head haha. Cleaning all the sh** off it was the biggest PITA ever haha. I had to hammer and chisel it off carefully, and even then didn’t get it all. We just ended up taking it to a machine shop and they got the rest off somehow. Just letting you know. Also, it doesn’t always work. We had a lot of cars come in with blown HG's (mostly Subaru’s), and it worked on like 1 out of 6 or 7, and it only lasted a little while. It is definitely not a permanent fix.

AJ, AVON, IN
"Used it exactly as instructed on my 98 Subaru Legacy. It did nothing to correct the overheating problem, but it did noticeably clog the heater core. For the money, it seemed like a reasonable thing to try to get a month or two of normal driving before I come up with the money for repair. The first thing I noticed when I got into the car was that heater was blowing cold air. The car overheated some 5 minutes into my trip. As I was pulling over to let it cool, the upper radiator hose blew off. I had some coolant in the car, so I refilled and tightened the radiator hose. Let the car cool for a bit, then turned around to go back, and the upper rad hose blew off again. The radiator cap was new from the dealer, so couldn't have been that. Definitely would NOT recommend this product, as my car was ok to drive short distances before I used it. Now I can't even drive it to the repair

BjK Texas
Bar’s Head Gasket product is definitely the cause, after using the product, the vehicle went from being drivable on runs up to 30 minutes, to overheating after driving just 2 or 3 miles across town... almost instantly .now, regardless of the product, the overheating problem had been getting progressively worse over time. In the winter it was a non-issue, but as the weather warmed up, it became an issue again. The problem was first prevalent in fall of '09, at which time i could drive the vehicle for an hour or more before overheating. This spring, prior to using this product, drive time had diminished to about 30 minutes. Immediately after using this product, drive time plummeted to just a few minutes."

Vic
Greene County Tennessee
Casual driver
"Based on the reviews I gave it a shot. It appeared that it may work. When I put it in the radiator and followed the directions on the bottle, the steam almost stopped coming out of the tailpipe. I let the car sit a full two days before I took it on the road. Within five miles it was blowing water out the tailpipe and the temperature started rapidly going up. Waste of my time and effort. The product does not work as they try to claim. I am now convinced when you have a head gasket problem there is only one real cure, REPLACE THE GASKET and forget the miracle cures."
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think its sad that people actaully have to be told not to use this stuff...
Old 08-08-2013, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sam o nela
I think its sad that people actaully have to be told not to use this stuff...
Old 08-08-2013, 04:50 PM

its stupid to think that something can magically repair a blown headgasket, its just known that ALL that stop leak stuff just clogs your water pump and heater core up

the Chrome91 permanent headgasket fix is 1. put your big boy pants on 2. remove cylinder head 3. replace headgasket properly 4. profit
Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM

people thinking this stupid stuff actually works. I get it all the time at work. I just tell em to try it and watch what happens.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 PM

we actually did use it at work a couple years ago on a SUV that would never stop leaking coolant from random locations, it worked for a few weeks then it started leaking coolant again. then a cylinder cracked a year later lol
Old 08-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My father actually used a product like this on his 99 cadillac escalade, at around 200k miles after he overheated it and blew the head gasket.

He drove the car to 320k miles like that, it ran about 80k miles perfectly fine until it started having a minor miss around idle, but it still ran perfect. Started seeing symptoms of lower compression the last 20k miles or so but still got wherever you needed to go.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

some people used Bar's in year 1547

Originally Posted by sciff5
My father actually used a product like this on his 99 cadillac escalade, at around 200k miles after he overheated it and blew the head gasket.

He drove the car to 320k miles like that, it ran about 80k miles perfectly fine until it started having a minor miss around idle, but it still ran perfect. Started seeing symptoms of lower compression the last 20k miles or so but still got wherever you needed to go.
Some people used Bar's in year 1547 to go to other planets?
Can they bring any evidence and proof?
But, Bar's wasn't open yet