General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ARRGHH! Bloody hell!! Dented the Maxima!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 06:58 AM

ARRGHH! Bloody hell!! Dented the Maxima!!

So after a long day of studying for exams, I was chilling at my friend's house. As I was leaving his place, I was backing out of the parking spot and did so at an angle. What I didn't see was this wide square thing which was the base for a pole. I saw the pole, but didn't notice the base. Anyway, as I was backing up, I rubbed hte drivers side door against it. Now theres a large dent on the bottom of the door and on the sill under the door. Also the door now moves up when it closes. It still closes tight, but it hangs down when open. I'm guessing the hinges are messed up now.

Any idea on how much this will cost to fix? The dent is like someone threw a football at the door.
Old 01-20-2002, 07:38 AM

Re: ARRGHH! Bloody hell!! Dented the Maxima!!

Originally posted by mAdD MAX
Anyway, as I was backing up, I rubbed hte drivers side door against it. Now theres a large dent on the bottom of the door and on the sill under the door. Also the door now moves up when it closes. It still closes tight, but it hangs down when open. I'm guessing the hinges are messed up now.

Any idea on how much this will cost to fix? The dent is like someone threw a football at the door.
Hmm, not sure on cost...depends on the quality of the shop you take the car to. They will probably have to re-skin the door, since most shops don't deal with bondo and filling. Then they'll straighten out the rocker panel, and blend the paint into the panels around it. At least a few hundred bucks, unfortunately.
Old 01-20-2002, 07:49 AM

insurance?
Old 01-20-2002, 08:11 AM

Hopefully it will come out to a few hundred. I was thinking of taking it to the Nissan dealer to get a quote from them first.

Not sure if I should let insurance handle this. I don't want my insurance going up.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:52 AM

maybe you can claim hit & run?
Old 01-20-2002, 10:38 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by costcowholesale
maybe you can claim hit & run?
yes, keep scamming the insurance
Old 01-20-2002, 10:56 AM

Hit and run claims don't do anything in Canada, you still get the deductable and insurance hikes. Some guy turned mine into a Hatchback in October and I got left with the bill

Take it to a nissan dealership, get a quote, deduct 40% of Nissan Moron-Tax, and that's how much it'll cost at a regular shop. If it's a ton, claim it under insurance, have the insurance pay you direct for the nissan quote, and go to a resonable shop. (ie, none-dealership ) Good luck man!
Old 01-20-2002, 11:41 AM

I thought about it, and there's no point in involving the insurance with this...or even scamming them. Hopefully it will cost under $500CDN. My worry is that the door hangs a little lower when open. But it closes fine, its properly sealed and there are no squeaks/rattles emitting from that area. I'm guessing it just needs to be bent back in shape.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:48 AM

Originally posted by mAdD MAX
I thought about it, and there's no point in involving the insurance with this...or even scamming them. Hopefully it will cost under $500CDN. My worry is that the door hangs a little lower when open. But it closes fine, its properly sealed and there are no squeaks/rattles emitting from that area. I'm guessing it just needs to be bent back in shape.
Search for a new door
Old 01-20-2002, 12:04 PM

So your saying the door is messed up beyond repair?? It can't be that weak. My foot wasn't even on the gas when I scraped the curb-type thing. I'm guessing the dent caused another side to get out of shape..so they just have to hammer it back and repaint?

A new door costs a lot of money!