General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What the heck gets embroidered on my seats??? and where??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 08:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What the heck gets embroidered on my seats??? and where??

I want to get something in black stitched onto my Infiniti I30 seats in black (biege leather).

I want to do the Infiniti symbol, but the Infiniti seats don't come with it and them being in a Maxima may look a little ricey. I also thought about the NISSAN symbols.

I am up for any ideas or suggestions...

I don't know whether to do it on the headrests or on the seat itself where your back rests??

jason
Old 01-26-2002, 09:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well...

You'd have to go to an upholstery shop that is willing to do automotive interiors. But I say leave them as they are. As many different designs and sayings as I've seen I think the plain leather looks best. I admit the Infiniti symbol without any words or anything would look really sleek, but not in a Nissan. If you were to get them done however, get them in the seats. Most of the headrests you see with symbols are sold that way (they're not custom you can get them from Nopi.com). If you get them in the seats it will look custom and people will know it is. However if you get them in the seats you will be without the car for a few days, and if in the headrests you will only have to drive without a headrest. But do whatever floats your boat - it's your car and it looks sweet.
-Cyrus
BTW I like your old sig better where you could see the whole car on bags. On this one the top is cut off and it doesn't look as cool.
Old 01-26-2002, 09:37 PM

ditto on the older sig, i am sure there are some embroidery shops that would do it but i think buyin the customleather kit would just be better?
Old 01-26-2002, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by MaximaRider
ditto on the older sig, i am sure there are some embroidery shops that would do it but i think buyin the customleather kit would just be better?
custom leather kit my a$$...

I know of a good upholstery shop.. i just need a design to give them to put on the seats.. i think i am set on the back of the seat, not the head rest.. but i am tired of the seats being plain..
Old 01-26-2002, 09:59 PM

yea it would definitley look better on actual seat than on just the headrest.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler

custom leather kit my a$$...

I know of a good upholstery shop.. i just need a design to give them to put on the seats.. i think i am set on the back of the seat, not the head rest.. but i am tired of the seats being plain..
Well, if you're going to do it ... the best design I've seen is just the letters M A X I M A in italics just like that. The Nissan symbol is just too round and large and it doesn't suite the seat. SE also looks good, or if you want to be creative, stick your name, your car's name, or your team's name on there.
-Cyrus
Old 01-26-2002, 10:02 PM

SE would be nice to bad he has a GLE
Old 01-26-2002, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by MaximaRider
SE would be nice to bad he has a GLE
Who cares? SE sounds and looks nicer. And he has the nicer model anyways, so its not like he's trying to make his car better than it is...but if you want to put GLE on there.
-Cyrus
Old 01-26-2002, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus

Who cares? SE sounds and looks nicer. And he has the nicer model anyways, so its not like he's trying to make his car better than it is...but if you want to put GLE on there.
-Cyrus
i think i'd have to kick my own a$$ if i put GLE on there..
Old 01-26-2002, 10:09 PM

i think i'd have to kick my own a$$ if i put GLE on there..
Personally I would put GT-R-Type-SiR-Z28 on there but I don't think it would fit...
-Cyrus
Old 01-27-2002, 01:07 AM

lol Cyrus
Old 01-28-2002, 09:04 AM

How about 'Big Dawg' or 'Phat Boy' written vertically down the whole seatback! Not your thing? Okay, how about 'Custom Maxima by VISA' in really small print on the headrest.

Seriously, Jason, I think that 'MAXIMA' would be best if you don't have a nickname for the car, a team, club, or other group name that would fit.

Jim
Old 01-28-2002, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by JJW95SC
How about 'Big Dawg' or 'Phat Boy' written vertically down the whole seatback! Not your thing? Okay, how about 'Custom Maxima by VISA' in really small print on the headrest.

Seriously, Jason, I think that 'MAXIMA' would be best if you don't have a nickname for the car, a team, club, or other group name that would fit.

Jim
...and if you are going to do the car club thing, make sure it isn't going to die the next week. It wouldn't be a good thing to keep explaining to people why you have "WiKKeD KuStOmZ" or something stitched on your seats when it doesn't exist. I say just get "MAXIMA" put on if you must have something.