General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 09:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Maxima Turbo kit

Hello,
Chinkzilla emailed me and asked that I post an update, which is a great idea. Unfortunately, I don't have any real news at this time.
But I want all interested people to know that the Maxima kit is the next in line FOR SURE once I get caught up with current work.
I was supposed to be moved into my new warehouse already, but the owners took so long to do the construction/electrical work that I had to upack my stuff and get back to work at my house. So I have not been able to catch up on current orders or finish up the Probe GT kit. Gremlins are delaying that as well. The owner crahsed the car, now the turbo that he bought off ebaY is leaking and needs to be rebuilt.

Anyway, I basically wanted to let you know that I have definetely not forgotten about the Maxima crowd and do plan on making a full bolt on kit.

I will be back to ask for a Guinee Pig when I am closer to being ready to take on the project.

Thanks for your time,
Tom
Old 02-07-2002, 09:24 AM

Which gen maxima is it for? 4th?

SuDZ
Old 02-07-2002, 09:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

First kit

I would like to do a kit for both, and 3rd gens if the market is there. The first kit will depend on who steps up first The first person that is willing to drop the car off for 2 weeks in Central Florida and has $3500 to spend will get the kit made for their gen Max. Simple as that.
Tom
Old 02-07-2002, 09:32 AM

How much of a gain you talking about here? Can we get some deatails on what we get for $3500?

SuDZ
Old 02-07-2002, 09:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Info

Well, I am hoping for at least 275HP to the wheels at 8-9psi. With the volumetric efficiency of these Max motors, that should be pretty easy. It might be alot more, but we will have to see what it does once we get a turbo on there and get it on the dyno.
Basically, I am planning on a fully bolt-on turbokit that will use 2 extra injectors for supplimental fuel. A large T3/T4 watercooled turbo, Tial wastegate, Spearco intecooler, Greddy, BLitz or HKS BOV will be part of the kit. The rest is standard turbo stuff - oil lines, water lines, boost gauge, brackets, misc bolts etc....
A non-intercooled kit might be available to run 4.5 psi for a price around $2850 if people ask for it.
I will be able to answer A LOT more ?'s once I get the kit going. I just posted here to show that I still intend to make a kit for the Max crowd.

here is the link to the original post:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=77510

Thanks,
Tom
Old 02-07-2002, 11:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Tom,

Glad to see you still want to stick with the project. I like the work you have done with the Honda's and Subaru's and look forward to seeing the Maxima kit produced.

Mike
Old 02-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

Re: Info

Originally posted by ludespeed
Well, I am hoping for at least 275HP to the wheels at 8-9psi. With the volumetric efficiency of these Max motors, that should be pretty easy. It might be alot more, but we will have to see what it does once we get a turbo on there and get it on the dyno.
Basically, I am planning on a fully bolt-on turbokit that will use 2 extra injectors for supplimental fuel. A large T3/T4 watercooled turbo, Tial wastegate, Spearco intecooler, Greddy, BLitz or HKS BOV will be part of the kit. The rest is standard turbo stuff - oil lines, water lines, boost gauge, brackets, misc bolts etc....
A non-intercooled kit might be available to run 4.5 psi for a price around $2850 if people ask for it.
I will be able to answer A LOT more ?'s once I get the kit going. I just posted here to show that I still intend to make a kit for the Max crowd.

here is the link to the original post:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=77510

Thanks,
Tom
cool, but fully bolt on? where will the oil return line tap into? somewhere on the oil pan rite? how bout the water lines? i dont think its gonna be BOLT ON turbo kit so it shouldnt be advertised as one.

what are you gonna use to control the 2 extra injectors? reason i ask was my first setup i used 2 440cc injectors controlled by an HKS AIC III and it was an expensive way for extra fuel. Plus it took ALOT of tuning before i got it not too lean or rich on boost. ok ill try and keep the rest of my comments to myself...heeh
Old 02-07-2002, 01:07 PM

Re: Re: Info

Originally posted by Turbo95Max

cool, but fully bolt on? where will the oil return line tap into? somewhere on the oil pan rite? how bout the water lines? i dont think its gonna be BOLT ON turbo kit so it shouldnt be advertised as one.

what are you gonna use to control the 2 extra injectors? reason i ask was my first setup i used 2 440cc injectors controlled by an HKS AIC III and it was an expensive way for extra fuel. Plus it took ALOT of tuning before i got it not too lean or rich on boost. ok ill try and keep the rest of my comments to myself...heeh
Yeah I know you went through alot to get yours working, but maybe they can help the rest of us and figure some things out for us. Hey on yours did you need a new ECU? I ask because there are not ECU upgrades available from JWT for 98+ I know that your a 95 but thinking if a new one is needed then I am kinda out of luck for now.

SuDZ
Old 02-07-2002, 03:39 PM

Re: First kit

When you start the kit will you accept orders and how long do you think it will take you to do a kit and put it on ?
Old 02-07-2002, 10:42 PM

Re: Re: Info

Originally posted by Turbo95Max

he hasnt started yet... so
Old 02-08-2002, 12:11 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Info

Originally posted by SuDZ

Yeah I know you went through alot to get yours working, but maybe they can help the rest of us and figure some things out for us. Hey on yours did you need a new ECU? I ask because there are not ECU upgrades available from JWT for 98+ I know that your a 95 but thinking if a new one is needed then I am kinda out of luck for now.

SuDZ
what im trying to say is He's giving people the wrong impression when he says BOLT ON Turbo kit. Thats misleading and incorrect.

At first i didnt get an ECU program but when i switched over to 300ZX TT injectors i got a custom JWT Turbo program.
Old 02-08-2002, 12:22 AM

This look's like a major headache to me.Turbomax95 is correct in asserting that it is not going to be a bolt on kit i agree with that.

Me think's Ludespeed already has his work cut out for him but the question is will it work as advertised?

Don't get me wrong i support any work benefiting the Maxima family.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:22 AM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Hey Tom. I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear you are still planning on making a kit. I would like one and just as I stated in your first thread, I definately would have bought one but I just couldn't wait any longer so I bought the SC from Stillen. But I am still VERY interested in seeing this kit made. Good luck and keep us updated.

P.s. You might want to post a link to this new thread in your last thread.